Reviews for Suddenly I See
PencilGirl92 chapter 29 . 6/9
One of my good friends suggested this story to me, and I must say, I'm glad she did!
What an amazing story! I love how at the end, you made nice references to the original tale, with the "fine eyes" comment (one of the favorite lines) and the conversation during that last dance!
Darcy's thoughts were so fun to read, and I much enjoyed his point of view the best!
I love the subtleties of the differences in the story that you made: Darcy not being fully aware or purposeful in his part in splitting up his friend and Jane, the secret of his sister and Wickham not actually being revealed to Elizabeth but just to the reader, and of course the amazing atmosphere and setting on which many plot points rested.
I do have to agree with your beta though... I hate "it was all a dream" endings. So I'll have to accept the non-alternate ending as truth. :)
Well done! I loved it! You have an amazing way with words, too, I should add!
I loved your story
ebdarcy.qt4good chapter 29 . 5/10
Cute story! Great work :) Really enjoyed reading it.
I enjoyed your story thank you for sharing it.
mustreadmorebooks chapter 29 . 3/18
I just discovered this story, although it's been up for awhile, and I wanted to say Bravo and thanks! And to tell you that I enjoyed your author's notes almost as much as the story itself - hope to see more of both!
EngLitLover chapter 29 . 2/26
I think I'd run too, if someone told me they could see the future. Great story.
cuinwen chapter 29 . 9/15/2014
Wow, well, what a story! I'm really glad it was complete by the time I stumbled on it so that I could read it in one sitting because once I got started I didn't want to stop. It is remarkable that you took three years to write it, because there is none of the tedious main theme repetition that so often characterizes stop-and-go writing. Plus, your pacing was astonishingly good: D&E had plausible conflicts at just the right intervals with plenty of absorbing drama involving other characters in between.

The quality of your writing was also outstanding: natural dialog, just enough description and I cannot praise your characterization too highly. In particular, the evolution of your characters' feelings and understanding were really well done and never struck a false note with me! You even corrected my main peeve about canon, namely that Jane took Bingley back too fast after all she had been through. ISxx's don't do that.

Finally, the flow of your prose was seamless and I got lost in the story so completely that by chapter 3, it was only the need to click forward that reminded me I was reading. Well done, indeed!

I totally agree with your beta about the dream bit, although I am glad you included the alternate ending. It cements the sci-fi element to the story; one is left wondering which is real (ok, so I had to use a little imagination there since your formatting makes it clear).

I do think though, that the unintended ambiguity I am so determined to see would have been stronger if in the previous chapter, D had explained to E about his fears for her reputation and stronger still if she had replied that she cared little for such (how could she, given her family?).
cuinwen chapter 28 . 9/15/2014
I have the sense Darcy still owes Lizzy an explanation about his fears (that his wife's reputation would have suffered if he married his secretary), but that loose end doesn't detract much and I can see where the flow is really superb as currently written.
cuinwen chapter 20 . 9/15/2014
I found your comment about introversion being different from shyness interesting. My mom is an INTJ, I am an INTP (same as Mr Bennet) and my sister is an INFJ (same as Elizabeth). We are none of us shy although my mom and I each refrain from seeking out social events.

My personal MBTI pet peeve is that T's are often described as not understanding other people's feelings unless we're directly told, which is a gross over generalization, I guess maybe I won't put my full rant here.

Anyway, I have been finding your Darcy POV material very insightful and now I know why! Thanks so much for tacking this mysterious character :)
SalemAnderson chapter 29 . 9/11/2014
Lovely story. And I agree with your beta. The alt ending would not have been satisfying at all.
SalemAnderson chapter 27 . 9/11/2014
Glad to see your Lizzy finally got her piece of humble pie.
SalemAnderson chapter 16 . 9/10/2014
I have to say...at this point, I really don't like your Lizzy.
amy.campbell.378199 chapter 12 . 8/26/2014
Well I have to say this is a very different type of p&p fanfiction. It too me quite a dew chapters to really decide if it is worth the read but now I am fully engaged with the story. My only confusion is what year is this suppose to be taken place in? I understand it is when cars are just being introduced but what year? Also are we still in England?
altaircolin chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
Some note about period time would be nice... Not everyone read a modern stories!
French Pixie chapter 29 . 7/26/2014
Wow. This is the first P&P modernish AU I've ever read. Being relatively new to this fandom I was a bit wary of thus genre, even of highly recommended works. But yours had just the kind of interesting little quirk I love and it was so well executed that it has warmed me up to the genre.
I find your alternative ending quite interesting even if I'm really happy with the original ending. It does raise the question as to how Darcy and Lizzy would act when they don't start on such bad terms and Lizzy still in awe of him, though I'm sure she'll soon see Darcy bad temperament not matter how much he might try to curb it for her sake...
Oh well I'll just make up the end of your ending for myself then ! ;)