Reviews for Wanting What You Can't Have
AbbyLee chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
I'll be honest - I'm not really much of a fan of "fanfiction." However, I gave yours a shot and it was great. It was well-written, the people are in-character, and it flowed very well. Matthew Swift and the angels actually sound like Matthew Swift and the angels. The repetition that you used was just right for the mood and communicated everything perfectly. Overall, you did an excellent job and it read like a part of the novel, which is pretty much what fanfiction is supposed to accomplish as far as I know. This piece definitely added to my experience of the books. Thanks so much for that! Keep writing! )
ChocolateEclar chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
A very short but poignant piece. I enjoyed the repetition of some of the same themes ("Penny asked me..." and "right answer" vs. "wrong choice"). I am a firm believer that Oda/Matthew could work so well!

You're missing a few words and there are a few wrong words that another read-through should catch. For example:

"As soon as the Aldermen figured *our* that Oda was causing the city to shrink and fall into night..."

Otherwise, great job. :)
spazenport chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
In a world with too few Matthew Swift stories, this one, while short, was pretty darn good. I applaud you and your awesomeness. Keep up the good work.