Reviews for The Spiral Path
Europec chapter 3 . 4/7/2011
As always your story has me caught with the plots and hints at plots. I like it all, from Holly, to Dumbledore, to the last edge of the triangle, Tom himself. Cheers!
Oxi-Nu chapter 3 . 4/6/2011
Great chapter, though it was at times unclear what was happening. Looking forward to more!
simaetha chapter 3 . 4/5/2011
I'm afraid I'm too tired to come up with intelligent comments just now, but I continue to love this fic :)
Darth Marrs chapter 3 . 4/4/2011
A hell of a good start, wordhammer. Not nearly enough reviews for the sheer quality of the writing. I also thing the switch from 1st to 3rd person was a good idea. This gives you a great deal more narrative freedom.

I look forward to reading more.
Meneldur chapter 3 . 4/2/2011
Very intriguing in general and an excellent chapter. The part with Hermione seemed like an interlude for the serious parts of the chapter, even if it had some significance in and of itself.

Holly's declaration to hermione was quite amusing, especially about the food. I have no real comments on the actual confrontation. It seemed rather expected, if with much less violence than I had expected. Dobby was amusing as always. Theo's story was a bit twisted, but par for the course in the Wizarding World. Still, it makes you wonder about Holly's treatment of Thalia. I completely understand Holly's side, of course, but after a life like that with Aristotle, one can certainly easily empathize with Thalia's desire to continue living as she had, without a domineering husband.

Actually, it made me wonder if there may be a large crop of young purebloods (especially girls) who hate their fathers and love their mothers (or pureblood wives) who may be ripe for joining Holly or at least allying with her...

The infor about Sitius's 'not-wife' was quite amusing. Will we see any of the fall out from that?

Yeah, Albus is still creepy. Still, Holly seems to be handling it as best as she can, and he's not half as weird as Tom.

Now, the picnic/confrontation with Tom... very interesting. He did prove to be somewhat sympathetic character himself, which is understandable, since he had a hard life, and the blatant prejudice towards muggleborns would not have made the Wizarding World that much better. Still, you must wonder why he doesn't take Holly's offer completely. She's beat him so many times it's not funny. I can see dishing out a bit of revenge, like he told Severus to do... but still attempting to destroy her? It's foolishness, especially if it's simply for revenge. Unless he truly believes in the prophecy and all he told Holly in the picnic was a lie? It's very hard to follow the man's thought processes - he must be at least somewhat insnae, if not fully so. I can easily see a magical world ruled by Tom for Purebloods, with a secret, unconnected Magical world made by Holly for Muggleborns and women. Holly's offered Tom the chance of his lifetime - why doesn't he take it?

At least she got most of her possesions back, though. Assuming they weren't cursed or something. I wonder what Snape and Lucius plan, though, and who Snape's mole is. Of course, you have to wonder in general who Sanpe is working for, and whether he really thinks of Holly as abomination or as Lily... but I doubt we'll know that until the very end.

I remain your faithful reviewer, Meneldur.
Arkeus chapter 3 . 4/2/2011
very, very good.

Sad that it is no longer H/Hr, but heh. Still awesome :D
Inoeth chapter 3 . 4/2/2011
Another fantastic chapter. I love what you've done in terms of making Hermione surprisingly well off (but not unrealistically rich), how you made Holly take care of getting her rightful manor back in her possession while kicking out the Notts, and I loved the interaction between the Voldie and Holly and the little fighting between the two of them - Holly's use of the bomb in the park and Voldie's attempted possession of her baby... I am curious as to how nastily Malfoy and Snape are going to enact their attempted revenge and what Holly is actually going to do against Voldie and also against the Death Eaters. I still want to see some assassinations or public destruction of DE policy perhaps. Perhaps some way of financially ruining the DE by way of the Goblins?

Anyways great job and update soon
GenoBeast chapter 3 . 4/2/2011
Logical idea that Holly was able to claim Potter Manor back for a duration because of a technicality.

The way Otis Prewett says Hermione is making him rich kind of sounds off...I get that it is a new company where Otis is truly making it all work would mean he is making a bit of money but still I guess the time the Parkinsons screwed Hermione over seems like it could carry over.
badkidoh chapter 3 . 4/1/2011
Good chapter
Vaughn Tyler chapter 3 . 4/1/2011
very nice
Rosiline chapter 2 . 3/31/2011
great story!
kale chapter 2 . 3/29/2011
Holly's Blackface wouldn't have been quite as offensive if she had experienced the loss of her white privilege while under the disguise. Angelina had a right to be offended the first time Holly did it.

Unless you are suggesting they don't have racism in the Magical world?
Greener chapter 2 . 3/28/2011
It's good to see Holly's story continue - great scene with Malfoy. Looking forward to seeing what happens to Black Manor & how the relationship with the Order develops.
Meneldur chapter 2 . 3/28/2011
Sorry for the delay. This is probably going to be a short review - Exams.

The part with AMelia was very interesting, mostly that she had actually been offered the chance to be recruited. She does have to take the offer, but I can't help feeling she'll want to negotiate. Still, she and Holly have always had a good rapport. I don't foresee it being a problem. And the smackdown she delivered to Susan was righteous.

Jody in the Ministry was an amusing part, offsetting the more disturbing and worrisome trial. When people called her JJ/Jayj, I was thrown back to Alsike's X-men/Criminal minds fanfics... good times.

I found the trial very interesting, especially Holly's fragility in it and Lucius realizing she was playing hardball, and the deal they made. I was surprised by her fragility though, compared to her seemingly stoicism when actually watching it again with Amelia.

The part with baby pictures was excellent insertion of cuteness.

Sirius and Hermione - Priceless. Simply priceless.

Holly pointing out all the holes in the Order's plots, and offering her alternative methods was also brilliant. Albus threatening to blackmail her... not so much. But the news about the wedding was excellent. I wonder who'll be invited... I assume Holly will be solely with Natalia, but perhaps the others will enjoy an orgy by themselves? I do wonder what Fleur's been up to to help the cause.
Inoeth chapter 2 . 3/27/2011
Another great chapter. Things are starting to move forward in the story. Now I can't wait for thing to move on in terms of the media propaganda war and possibly the underground war against the Death Eaters. I kinda want to see some assassinations or something of the sort. Perhaps Holly can kill DEs and pure blood supremacists and make it look like the work of DEs. eh just some ideas.

In any case, keep up the good work and update soon!
70 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »