Reviews for To Be Free
AmberJF chapter 13 . 11/20
I love how this has veered slowly away from the normal storyline a bit. I like this idea of them going against usual principles and dressing Fenris up sharply. I also like the idea of his new clothes matching his markings to some degree, which would also make them less noticable. Red dress is a bit cliche though, but not complaining.
AmberJF chapter 12 . 11/20
I love how you write these two together. I also like how attached you made him to Leandra as if she were his second mother. And now i HAVE to see what he wrote Hawke. Because you got me squeaking with joy and i myself feel like "an exited kid on Satinalia eve" hehe, seriously difficult to keep my fellow bus riders from giving me strange looks. XD i don't particularly like how fearful Fenris appears in this story, but since we are from his perspective i can see how this would be hundreds of times more true than how angry and bitter people portray his inner thoughts. So good job. :)
Eadoin Flannery chapter 14 . 11/11
omg! sorry wow thats all I can say right now. love the build up to this and the restraint. wow
Eadoin Flannery chapter 6 . 11/10
omg omg. I can't complete coherent thoughts! so great. this is what fan fiction should be. I am so thankful for the descriptions and the character work although the characters are very true to how I know them they are also very much written in your own style and they seem to be your own characters. I have more to say but maybe later after im done swooning.
lindsattack chapter 24 . 9/29
I just re-read after a long time away and this story is just as beautiful as I remember. Your Hawke and Fenris are just breathtakingly perfect. I know you haven't updated and most likely never will, but thank you for sharing this story. Here's hoping one day you'll find the muse to finish, but really, I'm just glad a piece of this exists at all. :)
mayast1204 chapter 1 . 9/12
Thank you.

Even if you decide to never end it, know it was beautiful.

I hope you are all right and well. I wish you all the best.
CreatedInFyre7 chapter 24 . 8/17
Oooo its getting so very close now.
Please update soon!
SaphiraEldunari chapter 24 . 8/2
I love this so much, I've lost track of how many times I've re-read it! I know it's been 3 years since you last updated and you may not remember this or you may not see this review but if there is any small, inconceivable chance that you can and will. Please, please, please continue this until the end. I'm sure there's many people who have given up hope but I havent. I still have the link in my bookmarks and I see the link everyday when I go onto the Internet and it reminds me of this masterpiece. I don't think I can bare not knowing the ending so please, if you see this, know that you are awesome and so is your writing and that some of us are still here, refreshing it every day, eagerly awaiting an update. Thank you 3
Existiert Nicht chapter 24 . 7/7
You shall be continuing, yes?! :D
Ugh I saw this was last updated four years ago...and on a cliffhanger . I hope all is well and nothing horrible happened to you, you just lost passion for it or have been too busy or something. Anyway, you probably won't see this, but all I have to say is - wow.
First of all, your writing is PHENOMENAL. Your passion for the Fenris and Hawke story is palpable in your adjectives, and even in the details of settings and such that did not lack the same sort of preciseness and care as the juicy bits. I played through Dragon Age II twice for the Fenris romance, and just recently completed it, though I always wished we had more moments of Fenris and Hawke.
Secondly, you had Fenris's character down to a SCIENCE. Up until the ballroom chapter, the entire inner monologue you created for Fenris was absolutely canon and made perfect sense, fitting seamlessly into the overall character that is Fenris. You tied in all the little details perfectly, and his actions were far more understandable now that the readers had the insight behind them.
When you went off canon, the character became less of the Fenris we knew in the game. Instead, we got a chance to view and get to know the character as well as we wished we had in the game itself. You rounded him off and gave him more depth, which is what we readers love to experience.
Thirdly, your Marian was adorable and loveable, but most of all, she was believable. In most Hawke and Fenris fanfics I've read, Lady Hawkes are almost intolerably annoying and they portray Fenris as just bein g smitten by her charm and beauty (which we don't agree with because the way she is written is usually annoying and stereotypical). What makes yours different is that she goes through significant character development, as does Fenris. At first he falls in love with her smiles and laughter and beauty, but thrn when most of that fades, he falls in love with her again for her protectiveness and relateability, and then again for her selfless goodness, even her bitterness. It's very realistic and I was engrossed.
The few critiques I would give are surely because this was left unfinished, but here:
We get a lot of Fenris insight, but he said very little. This was fairly canon, though I dont see what Hawke saw in him from what he said. Like he stuck to the lines he had in game, but this story took the spans of the years and added like depth and description, so I personally would have liked him to speak a tad more, or have more meaning behind most things he said.
For Marian, I loved her character, though I wish she had opened up to Fenris a little more. I just wish there had been more dialogue between them.
I have never bothered to write such an in depth review as this, but this story was certainly worth it.

Hope all is well, and hopefully will see more from you,
-A fan
xjenny0724 chapter 24 . 5/31
And of course it's unfinished. I'm not even going to read the last chapter. The best fenhawke fanfic i find and it's not done. I'm so upset. Ugh
xjenny0724 chapter 16 . 5/30
Psh, that was pretty great for 'not writing a sex scene in ages.' Bravo!
xjenny0724 chapter 14 . 5/29
This story is great! I love that you've been able to keep them in character through all the stuff they've been through. It suits them perfectly. I love Fenris and i love this story! Excited to see what comes next
LazyKT chapter 24 . 5/20
You cause me such pain, leaving this unfinished!
Eva Inevitable chapter 9 . 5/15