Reviews for Star Trek: Shame
brontefanatic chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
Brilliant look into the minds and emotions of Valeris and Spock in TUC. That forced mind meld is so disturbing to watch - a mind-rape, really. I'm glad that you gave us both points of view, to show us the shame felt by both characters. Spock knows what he's doing is wrong, but his other loyalties compel him.

It also made me feel much more sympathetic toward Valeris, since she really doesn't see her actions as being different from that of her crew mates in other situations.

Bravo!
celticmusebooks chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
Great how you've put so much into those few moments on the bridge. Who is it that Spock is bonded to?
GSYH chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
I have always found that scene disturbing.
FireChildSlytherin5 chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
0.o WOW such a GREAT one-shot.
saya92 chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
Beautifully written! You brought out the anger and pathos with such clarity - I had tears in my eyes by the end of this story. You turned a single scene in the movie into a crossroad for both Valeris and Spock. Bravo! If you have a follow-up in mind, it would be great if you could show how Kirk and Spock interacted after this. Kirk has to know how much it affected Spock - I can't imagine he would be blind to Spock's shame and pain.
nothingcomestomind15 chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
Oh, nice job. I do hope you'll write many more ST fics! Thanks!
MyLadyLorna chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
You brought tears to my eyes. I love how you bring up Spock's half-human side while still remaining true to his Vulcan roots. Poor Spock.
murphycat chapter 1 . 3/24/2011
Exceptionally good story. But if Spock is bonded, to whom?
spockside chapter 1 . 3/24/2011
Powerful stuff. This is the first look I've seen into her head, and it's well done.
Ster J chapter 1 . 3/24/2011
Bravo! Whoo-hoo! Excellent writing! You fleshed out this scene like you had crawled into their heads and witnessed it firsthand. A shameful deed that Kirk required Spock to do, and Kirk didn't bat an eye, yet Spock and Valeris suffered the consequences.