Reviews for For a Season
k1942 chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
An amazing story, heartbreaking as well as hopeful. I really like that Renessmee came to live with her father and grandfather. I think Bella and Esme would be at peace with the way things turned out.
loopylou992 chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
Wow, just wow! I found this through a recommendation someone made, and I am so pleased they did. Beautifully written I could really feel each emotion with Carlilse, butto find both Bella and Esme were killed at hands of the Volturi - so sad.

Loved how their relationship evolved,moot knowing it was natural but neither rushing. PERFECTION!
meelee729697 chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
This made me a little uncomfortable, not because of same sex, sex, but because it's Edward & Carlisle.. But the writing so so excellent, dark & raw, gut wrenching, that I can actually see this happening when all else is lost... What else would they do but turn to each other? - Wow.
I skimmed over this a while back, but just realized you're the author. Had to give it a thorough read.
Again, just, wow.
daphnie chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
I never read Edward/Carlisle slash. For some reason it doesn't sit well with me. I don't know why I read this. May be because of Present Perfect, I don't know. But I'm glad that I did. It made me cry for yet another reason I don't understand. You are a gifted writer. I wish you all the best.
baldtomato chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
I think this is the first Carlward slash I'd read. I have a question for you my respected author - I had never had trouble picturing "either PeterFach, or no one" (no definitive face), when i read Carlisle - probably because most good Carlisle fics i'd read were canon and if they're canon then PeterFach would do. So when i read this - i WANTED to picture someone (rather than no one), but could NOT picture PeterFach here. Here's my question - do you picture PeterFach when you write Carlisle canon? what about Carlisle AU? and if not, do you imagine anyone's face at all?
boymommytotwo chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
just delightful. thank you for writing it.
CayStar chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
Beautiful story, just beautiful.
aileas1 chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
you are one odd duck, miss giselle. There is no way I could ever have conceived of this working if I'd had a detailed summary of just the bare plot - not ever. And if anyone else tried it, it sure wouldn't have - too much maudlin, or too much squick, or too outlandish, and most likely all of that at once.

But this? It works. I can't really say much more than that; I tried, but it sounds like waffle and certainly doesn't describe this accurately.

Actually it more than works: it leaves a stupid grin on my face, the kind I get when I realize I've just had my horizons broadened. It's such a happy feeling. I know the expected reaction to having one's horizons broadened is supposed to be apprehension or even fear, but for some reason, I like this feeling.

Maybe I'm an odd duck as well. That's why I'd read a grocery list if you wrote it. Pfft, some sacrifice - your grocery list would probably turn out better than most people's best efforts!

PS: My eyes turned into little hearts at Edward's nutmeg scent (which I remember from the airport scene from Ithaca) and his cuddliness at the ballgame and the soft hair under his hood. I'm inclined to coo - and I'm not the cooing type.
BlossomGirlXoxoXo chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
u got courge 4 writin a gay lemon! i ssure as hell couldn't do it. anywayyy plz read/review my story broken rose petal's if u like it review and pass it on.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Lovely story. Sad they lost their mates, but great they have each other. Beautifully written; thank you.
Withmyheadintheclouds chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
This is a uniquely written story. I loved your style; its minimalistic yet powerful. Great story...
brenda.warren.1257 chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
well to say it was different would be saying something else but it was interesting
Alice's White Rabbit chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Just found this through the Carlward contest. Wow! This was incredible. At first, I thought is was just going to be another alternate ending of Breaking Dawn. Boy, was I wrong. This was such an amazing story of how love can change and evolve through such tragedy. I bawled my eyes out when I realize that both Esme and Bella were gone. How heartbreaking for Carlisle and Edward. And, for Renesmee- she basically lost both her parents and grandparents. But, the ending was beautiful. Love comes in many different ways to each person at different times.

Thanks!

Sally
bunnysue chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
Wow what can I say, that was my first time reading "slash" though does it really qualify as that. It just felt like love and I am in tears now.
You know SM really gave us alot to work with when she gave us these characters but I don't think anyone not even SM could have done such a beautiful job as the one you just did writing this story. Thank you for sharing your beautiful talent.
Anon chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
I love your precious work (I never shut up about Ithaca if anyone mentions New Moon) - but this piece was adorable. Hesitated at first - knowing how paternal your work is - but I'm glad I did. This was absolutely beautiful and unexpected despite knowing what was coming.