Reviews for Driving The Chariot
If a Renaissance reader is someone educated in many things, then maybe, after reading all of your stories, one could make a case for, " I am still learning".
(As for now, this reader, still challenged by the McGuffy Readers).Putting your "notes", first, before the story, would have been advantageous. Did not make the connection of the humor of the title, until it was later explained in the "notes". Only then, did the light bulb come on regarding the caustically of the chariot driver and the senses.(or in the last senerio, "lack of any sense").
Thought the Lancer wine section, very tongue-in-cheek.
Thought the reference to Catherine, as "A ghost that walks", was insightful into the character of Maria.
This little esoteric tale and notes, have inspired this reader to research some of the mentioned: books, poetry, and plays. Perhaps, that will help the quest to get
Beyond McGuffy, and over to the Renaissance reader.
August 24, 2016.
SerenaDeb chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
Fantastic. It wasn't until I reached your notes at the end that I realised each of the stories related to one of the senses (I guess I'm a bit slow!) A great idea that worked really well.

I particularly liked your idea that Murdoch had driven Maria away by his references to Catherine. Not so much a "get out and take Buster here with you", but a nagging irritation that festered and grew - first for Maria and then later for Johnny
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 3/25/2011
A beautifully written story. I love the little moments in their lives.:)