Reviews for Swim 'Til You Drown
Vhero-1 chapter 1 . 6/18
This story is one of the best flashpoint story I have ever read. It really spoke to me because I had a couple of sisters at this point before they decided to get help. So reading about this gave me to some degree a point of understanding.
summeronice chapter 2 . 4/5
an immense knot in my stomach as I read this story. You really know how to enter the soul of the character but also of the reader
Sorry for my English
prohibidofumar chapter 2 . 6/27/2016
Wow. Just. Wow. I can't believe how well written it is, you understood and felt it, not just wrote it. Anyway, amazing work.
You now, for everyone out there that are struggling you are never alone:) there's always someone (call it family, friends or religion or even therapists).
Bluejay141519 chapter 2 . 3/2/2015
Ok I just need to tell you that was one the best stories I have ever read. You are really an amazing and truly talented author and I will never as good as you are but that was phenomenal. I've never read anything that deep and that emotional and that good at conveying it all. I'm honestly speechless. That was just-unbelievably good.
janet84 chapter 2 . 9/1/2014
Whoa. And wow. That was intense and so perfect, and the team was dead-on.

Again a minor thing? I don'tt think you need the parentheses behind each of the words, and the floq is better without them. Off-setting the word itself with a period already accentuates.

Awesome story, thanks for sharing!
janet84 chapter 1 . 9/1/2014
This is amazing. I love how you get into his head and make it real. It's the perfect amount of introspection that is so in character for Sam. I'm surprised Jules doesn't intervene more, though.

Minor grammar thing? "might and defensive" should be mightY. And I know you were looking for a synonym but in the connotation of defensive is not the same as protective (defensive has a negative connotation rather than positive).
cknc.firefly chapter 2 . 7/8/2014
As I finished reading this, I was in tears. I suffer from PTSD and flashbacks, though not from killing my best friend, but from watching her die and not being able to do anything to help her, to stop her pain. She died when we were 11 from Leukemia, I'm 17 now and don't think I'll ever get over it. I turned to cutting, and drinking, and doing drugs. Anything to escape the pain that I lived through everyday, the guilt from not being able to help her, the visions that haunted me at night of her in pain, of her screaming, crying, begging me to make it stop. Then getting raped over and over again since starting high school by someone I should have been able to trust just looking to escape his own pain, I began to think that dying was the only way to find peace. I tried taking to many pills, just to wake up in a hospital room with 2 severely pissed off parents. Then I tried taking a blade to my wrists, before I finally found someone willing to try hard enough to break through. I found it in a therapist. I kept getting raped, and kept seeing my best friend dying over and over again, needing her to be here to protect me, then feeling so guilty because she's gone because I couldn't protect her. I went to finally end it for good, without coming back. I got my hands on my dad's gun one night, but it was actually my therapist, after getting a pretty scary message from me, showed up at my house. She talked to me, she cried for me when I couldn't anymore. She broke through and got me to put down the gun. She helped me find my peace. This story spoke to me in so many ways, I relate to Sam's pain, and just want to hold him, and help him find peace. Because those visions never go away, that pain never goes away, you just learn to find peace through it. In knowing that even though it doesn't feel like it, none of it was your fault. And I still get so goddamn tired sometimes, but I do to go for my phone, and find peace in reaching out to those who need me as much as I need them. Thank you for this story, it means so much to me. I want to print it out just to keep it with me, I know it's fictional, but you did such a fucking good job that it makes me feel not so alone. Thank you for that.
sammygirl1963 chapter 2 . 1/11/2014
What a totally heartbreaking story...to see Sam so utterly alone and broken. Thank goodness his team, especially Wordy and Spike were able to get through to him to keep Sam from pulling that trigger/ It's been a while since I have read a story that had tears rolling down my face because I was so drawn into the story, but you definitely did it with this one!
Estel-Undomiel25 chapter 2 . 8/5/2013
Wow. This story was incredible. Your words and your imagery were absolutely beautiful. Sometimes I skim when I'm reading long fanfic, but your sentences pulled me in and demanded my attention. You got into Sam's head perfectly, and the things you had the team say to reach him were spot on. Just a stunning job. :)
Hope06 chapter 2 . 3/24/2013
absolutely amazing!
VERA VIV chapter 2 . 1/6/2013
One of my favorite stories I've read here on fanfiction! Seriously. Love love love. Terribly sad and realistic in its emotion. I really connected with it.
Samaholic chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
I'm going through your flashpoint storys and I must say I'm impressed!
Joani chapter 2 . 10/14/2012
Love this so very very hard. Reflecting on some of my worse moments, I can relate to Sam's reactions to the negotiation requests. Thanks for writing this.
juniper294 chapter 2 . 6/6/2012
yikes, that was really dark but at the same time so intensely awfully amazing. probably the best flashpoint fic I have read yet. I was tense the entire time I read this story, and now... wow. thats all I have to say.
BlueEyes444 chapter 2 . 5/26/2012
Amazing! No words can describe just how good this was. :) Brilliant!