Reviews for He Sleeps Under the Hill
Dobraine chapter 8 . 3/1/2014
I love the Age of Legends! And patricide. I don't love that, but man is it a foreboding way to end the book. On to book 2!
Dobraine chapter 7 . 3/1/2014
Sorry it's take me so long to get through this one. Lots of amazing details in this chapter as usual. I love the twins, their bickering and their relationship with the impetuous Shrina. And some great windows into what our beloved characters were up to when they were not in the RJ spotlight. And finally, we get to meet our Aes Sedai's nemesis, Arachnae. What a great idea to have a wilder be so close in power to a black ajah. It points to a hole in the canon too. How does the Dark One train and recruit channelers? The red veils aren't even mentioned until he last book, which isn't entirely canon anyway! I also like the addition of Theus as a character and I hope to see more of him.
Spoiler alert for those following the story: stop here.
And three horns! I think this is ingenious, though I think it does skirt becoming an AU, which I really don't want this story to become. However it does make sense that great men and women who are not warriors would also be tied to the pattern, though you'd think we might have seen one or two of them in the Dream. I love Ghoetam, he reminds me of Kruppe from the Malazan Book of the Fallen and I hope to see him again! I also love that Shrina finds the greatest artifact of all time, much greater than the Horn of Valere (which really only has one use) and thinks its a waste of time. Maybe the words on the horn mean, let she who sounds me think not of wisdom!
Dobraine chapter 6 . 1/6/2014
Another fantastic chapter! Again if I went through each detail it would take me a month to write the review and the story is to good to wait! As usual the inclusions of all the little characters is very satisfying. I love that you had the taking of Mazrim Taim in the story. I am not a huge fan of Cadsuane but I think you did a good job of capturing her voice and I like that you made her such a horn dog for Atual! I think that one problem I have with her is that Jordan never did provide much detail on her. Only suggesting that she was the centre of a hundred legends and that she hunted Logain. Given your penchant for history I hope we can learn more!

And Rashiel sounds ravishing! Wakime was excellently drawn, and a source of much amusement. Your inclusion of the Aiel was brilliant and your choice of clan, inspired. And if course, the exciting conclusion and the terrible death of Atual. Makes me super mad at Shrinella. Where is that blasted woman!
Dobraine chapter 5 . 12/22/2013
I've been super excited to get back into this story. And so not disappointed! I love the the old history and again the amount of research! The story sounds entirely bonafide. I love the picture of the general and the sescription of his uniform. And the reference to Sorelle Gap! I've often thought that RJ didn't really drive the point home that the RJ world was a world in decline. The realms of men during the Trolloc Wars were much more sophisticated. And what a great way to introduce a character!

The execution scene is just riveting and I liked the shoutouts the Questioners and WhiteCloaks, though it thought they had started as penitent group of traveling monks searching for darkfriends, and then militarized. That said, there isn't much in the canon about the southern most of the ten. Regardless I really enjoyed this part.

The founding of Aemon's field was quite clever, and I enjoyed the conversations with the elder Buie.

I liked that the one thing that flustered the great general is his bizarre Bannerman. It was a great detail! And his manservant is another great character! I like that you discuss fine wines. I do that a bit in my own stories. It's the sort if detail that adds depth without distraction, much like a fine wine!

I had to stop commenting on every little thing that I liked. There is just too much. Your command if Jordan's world actually supersedes his. This story is truly beautiful and breathtaking and wondrous.
Guest chapter 4 . 11/26/2013
Another great chapter. I love that you give the characters such complete back stories, and as always the level of detail and canon research is surpassing. I loved the conversation with the warders arguing over the blades. I also like that a central character is a seafolk male. RJ didn't do too much with them and its a fascinating read. I also like that you continually add minor characters from the canon, gives the story additional depth. Thought you captured Min's voice spot on.
Dobraine chapter 3 . 11/20/2013
Wow. Who are you? Your command if the RJ Age of Legends is just outstanding! Mesmerizing! The level of detail unreal. You must have spent hours combing for some of these scraps. The world is even more real than those few RJ scraps out there. Oh well done!
Dobraine chapter 2 . 11/13/2013
W
Dobraine chapter 1 . 11/13/2013
Wow! I've been meaning to read your story and I'm glad I started here! What a great prologue! I love glimpses into those final days, particularly when they are enigmatic!
maja chapter 8 . 5/4/2013
Thank you for writing and sharing this fan fiction! I have really enjoyed reading it.

The characters are full of life and engage the reader. I have laughed at Wakime (he’s hilarious), and cried at the goodbye scene between Atual and Ellythia (yes, I know it was necessary for the storyline). I loved reading about them all; the good, the bad, the funny, the sad and so on.

Some of the other reviewers have made comments about the length of the story. I’m GLAD you wrote it like a full length novel. With anything less, we as readers would have missed out on all the beautiful details and wonderful dialogue. I especially love the smaller storylines when the characters look back in time or remember something. It brings such life (I would love to use the word soul) to both the characters and the storyline.

I hope you never stop writing, and maybe someday you’ll publish your own book (or maybe you have?). I would definitely read it!
Sassla chapter 8 . 4/17/2013
Oh Jolly good (well maybe not jolly, but very, truly, deeply good). Thank You.
MalkieriJester chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
Here I am, starting over on HSUtH. Left off too long ago, so I am starting over to refresh. I love this opening. Mysterious an portentous, the language is tasty and apt, as well. I particularly like:
"The last Age is dead and dust while the birthing-pains of this new Age are terrible indeed. But if there is one remnant of my life's work that I can preserve and entrust to the future – then that will be you, my Son."
Bleck chapter 8 . 12/27/2011
A truly epic piece of writing! The interweaving of characters and their plotlines is one of the best aspects of this story. Keep it up!
Mahgy Inc chapter 8 . 12/24/2011
Wow! This was such a great read. I patiently await the Feast of Lights for the next installment.
West-Wanderer chapter 8 . 12/24/2011
It is good to see another chapter! Perhaps this has a bit of a sad ending for a Christmas chapter, though...

Is it just me, or are we starting to see similarities between the Last Lightborn and a fade?

Merry Christmas!
Nynaeve's sister chapter 8 . 12/24/2011
Welcome back! I enjoyed the first part of your story and was hoping you'd continue it.