Reviews for Resurrected
BookwormBaby2580 chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
What an absolutely beautiful story. So genuine, so passionate, so moving . . . I wish it felt like this every time I read fanfiction.
Suzbythesea chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
I love how descriptive you are. I don't usually read this kind of pairing, but the emotions and intensity you've given this is really wonderful. Thankyou )
NixDucky chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
Hiya M. Just a quick note to say I think your writing is lyrical ;D
StormDragonfly chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
Your descriptions are so beautiful. From the very opening you had me picturing, feeling and smelling where Carlisle was. I love when a fic can do that for me.

I love the idea of the minister's son with a secret gay lover. I don't pity Carlisle the angst of it, but I like that twist on his character to allow us to lead into the moment of revelation with Edward.

Thank you for a well-written one-shot!
miaokuancha chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
First of all, I like the topic.

There is so much potential for this pair, especially considering the cultures in which they both were raised. To feel that kind of love and not know how to acknowledge it, let alone affirm its intrinsic beauty.

"THAT can never happen."

Carlisle wished to God that he could be alone again. He understood solitude. He was familiar with the shape of it; he knew its shadows and could plumb its depths as deftly as any cartographer charting a lakebed. Solitude was safe.

Edward was not.

And yet if he had not changed Edward, that beautiful vibrant boy would be worm food right now ...

I love your description of the hunt. It is both intensely sensory and subtly erotic, both effects intentional I am sure, and beautifully executed.

Edward's mercurial newborn moods seem completely natural in the way you present them. No mean feat, as many others do not succeed in this. All throughout one feels the unacknowledged subtext that is perhaps fueling those moods - Edward's conflict over his own sexuality.

"I'm a freak," Edward spat. "Just like you."

Has so many meanings.

Yet, as much as he wanted to forget Samuel, a stubborn part of him cried out to remember. It spoke to him most strongly on miserable sunny days when he was trapped alone in his lodgings, unable to work. Then, a voice would rise up from somewhere deep inside him, and grasp at his consciousness. Remember, it would whisper, urging him to dig up that mental box and dust it off one more time.

And when, all alone in his silent room, he listened to that voice and lifted the lid, he was reminded of the truth. There was nothing loathsome in the light that shone in Samuel's eyes or vile in the way his hand brushed against Carlisle's cheek. There was nothing repugnant in the tender press of their lips. There was nothing ungodly in the love that they had shared.

But that love, which now only existed in fragmented and dream-like memories, had ended over two hundred and fifty years ago. There had been no one since.

That is absolutely heartbreaking. Especially when one considers the span of time involved. How this long lost lover barely even exists as bones in the earth any more. This is what is so tragic about vampires who try to be human. They must leave their humanity behind again and again to the grave.

X

Their first kiss - zonkers!

I confess that I am generally a little shy about explicit sexual narrative, but certainly the consummation you have presented was very beautiful. I think the title was most fitting, and well-requited by they way they both came to this new life with each other.

A lovely entry to the contest and a lovely piece of writing!
Debbie in S. Florida chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Another amazing story, and a one-shot that was able to tell so much in such a short amount of time. I could feel Carlisle's torment as it was my own, and his incredible relief when Edward revealed how he wanted the same thing. I have to say, you've got me very excited to read giselle's stories now! They've been on my list for a while, but I'm definitely going to go check them out. This was really wonderful. I hope you plan to write something longer than a one-shot sometime. I'd love to see what you do with a multi-chap story!

Debbie
Mallie chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
This is absolutely beautiful.
chele681 chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
A lovely portrayal of a possible AU. Thank you for sharing it.
OnTheTurningAway chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
This is really beautiful. You captured Carlisle's torment and guilt, as well as new-vampire Edward's outburst, perfectly. Best of luck in the contest!

As I stated above during the contest, I really enjoyed this and you wrote it beautifully. Thank you for sharing. :)
WoodLily chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
I generally don't read slash, but I was impressed with how sensitively and believably this was written. The reader really feels Carlisle's acute loneliness, as well as his his inner conflict. And Edward grapples too with the frustrations of being a newborn and the longing he feels for his creator.

This is not slash for slash's sake. This is about awakening love.

Well done.