Reviews for Where The Sun Is Always Shining
Big Sister K chapter 47 . 5/25
Oh boy, where do I even begin? Well, first, this is JUST as great a read as I remember it being way back when this first started. I think it might be even better than I remember. Has it really been 5 years since this started? Kinda hard to imagine. Also, I wanna apologize for my radio silence when it came to reviewing chapters. School was a pain in the neck, and college is even worse. Anywho, I'm here now, and I'm gonna try to make up for all those missed reviews.

SO, i reread this entire fic from the beginning, and can I say how much I love Sunshine? You wrote her really well, and I love her character development from the beginning up to this point. The things she's gone through have really shaken her and have forced her to grow up, but she's still her at her core. She still wants to help others. You really portrayed that change realistically I feel, and the direction her character growth went made sense.

Secondly, I think the way you portray the LW/Charon romance is very nice and very sweet on both ends (when they aren't breaking my heart with the pining). At first the pacing felt a little weird, but as the story progressed it made more sense. It might've also been because I read this entire fic in a day that it felt weird, so take that with a grain of salt. But anyways, I really enjoy the romance of this, especially with the way you write Charon. I honestly think your way of writing Charon is my favorite out of the fic that I've read. You manage to strike a good balance between his grumpy, stoic side and the wise-cracking side we get when he talks with Sunshine, and it makes reading the scenes with him/his pov very enjoyable.

Thirdly, I really think you did a good job with the side characters. I love your take on her relationship with her dad and I appreciate the time you took to flesh that out more and give them more time together than they had in the game (unless he was a temporary companion option after getting him out of 112? It's been a long time since I've been able to play FO3 so I could be remembering things wrong). I like how you're writing Butch so far, and the other minor characters like Amata, Gob and Nova are well done. I like the relationships she has with them, and it warmed my heart when Amata gave Sunshine that big hug when she sees her again in 101.

As for any crits, well, the only """big""" thing I can think of is that sometimes there are missing letters or words peppered around the chapters, and while I'm usually able to quickly fill in the gap and keep reading, sometimes it trips me up a bit. It's not that big of a deal, but it's still there.

And I have a few questions: Are you planning on doing any of the DLC with this fic or are you keeping it base-game only? And also, where did Crimson run off after Sunshine got Rory out of The Box? I might've missed something, but I don't remember reading anything on her after that point.

SO anyways TL;DR: I love this story and I hope Sunshine gets the happy ending she deserves someday.

Sorry in advance if this review makes absolutely no sense. It's 2am here and while I probably -should've- waited till morning to review, I wanted to do it while it was still fresh in my mind.

Love the story and can't wait for more~

-K
Phantomflowers chapter 47 . 1/25
So glad that you are continuing this FF! I thought with Fallout 4 coming out many authors would drop off the site and never update again. Glad you weren't on of them! Great chapter! I can't wait for more!
BlackCatNeko999 chapter 47 . 1/17
I remember when I asked about Arefu before, and now look what we got. Thank you! With Butch to the team, I am curious where this mission will go.
Great work with this chapter!
Desertblossom8 chapter 47 . 1/17
:Hums happily: Glad to see you are back!
Herana chapter 47 . 1/17
Yay! So excited for a new chapter!

Good to have you back!
Marianne Bennet chapter 47 . 1/17
Gasp! You have returned!

Jealous Charon, Best Charon. You've nailed down Butch's wannabe tough greaser voice. The moment when he exits the Vault for the first time is also fantastic; it echoes Sunshine's first seconds outside from the very first chapter, and it's cool to see her easing Butch's transition where there was no one to ease her own. And I've been enjoying the thread of Sunshine and the conditioning book woven throughout. I can't wait to see the eventual pay-off, since you've built it up so well.
Guest chapter 46 . 12/10/2015
So, I decided to go through and bookmark the chapters that are particularly awesome / well written / etc. On a completely unrelated note, finals are annoying. About forty some odd later bookmarks later, well, you're a really good writer, author, person (I am not so much). Just figured I should say thanks. Keep being awesome?
Tom-Ato13 chapter 46 . 8/13/2015
CAUGHT UP AGAIN

Man, that was fun.

Things with Sunshine and Charon are progressing. He's still very tentative about it, as expected given his LONG and checkerd past. But they love each other the stubborn fools.

Finally the return to 101. Always loved these chapters. They're so heartbreaking especially in terms of the plot. You get this quest right after the purifier attack, so you get this double whammy of loss. Makes me cry D: will the 101 residents make future appearances?

Butch! He's always been an interesting character. I've never seen him as a ship for the Wanderer because of how long they are separated in game. But he's crushing on Sunshine now? That's gonna be fun! Love triangles are always fun and tragic to read.

You ever gave thought to the DLC for this game? The Pitt and Point Lookout would be amazing to see covered.
Lod Mron chapter 46 . 8/6/2015
bless this story, i just kinda clicked on it on a whim because im a sucker for short and interesting descriptions (and im a hopeless romantic) and i dont regret it one bit

finished it in a day and man i am really happy to see that this story isnt abandoned and has updated recently. i hope everything is great on your end and your writing is fantastic :)
Phantomflowers chapter 46 . 7/13/2015
Like I said, I wasn't going to count your fic out over the first chapters. I'm pretty addicted to it.
I take it, that Butch may present some romantic opposition for Charon? I'm excited for more. :)
Phantomflowers chapter 9 . 7/5/2015
I think this fanfiction isn't bad, but there is room for improvement. I think you've made Charon too friendly and chatty much too fast. The guy is suppose to be brainwashed into being a merciless merc, right? Sure, he has a moral code of disliking evil deeds, but he is still quiet, cold, and calculating. I don't think he'd break his walls down so easily, no matter how friendly Sunshine maybe. He is very OOC in this fic.
Sunshine is very wimpy. I get it your angle though, she lived in a vault her whole life, so who the hell would be freaked the hell out? But I think she is too vulnerable. I think most people picture the Lone Wanderer as "green" and inexperienced, but still full of moxie, spunk, and the guts to take on these crazy quests in the game. The Loner Wanderer does get a bb gun in the vault as a child. I'm sure Sunshine would have practiced with it, so her aim would be better with low recoil weapons, than what you have portrayed. Just some thoughts. I know you've written 46 chapters already and I'm only on chapter 9, so I won't count your fic out yet. Just some CC for your early chapters.
1nf1n1tystr1k3s chapter 46 . 6/28/2015
The vault quest always breaks my heart, and so did this chapter, but it was really great. Avoiding spoilers, the end made me tear up with excitement because the redeeming of such a butthole of a character always tugs at my heartstrings. Can't wait for more!
Krnka chapter 26 . 6/27/2015
New York, Meteo, sleepless wasteland... *gasp* ,you been playing fallout new Vegas with mods haven't you!
onegiantdinosaur chapter 46 . 6/26/2015
I just read all 46 chapters. It took me probably 9 hours but it was worth it! SO worth it. Thank you for this great read! I look forward to future chapters.
BlackCatNeko999 chapter 46 . 6/26/2015
It's good to see Butch tagging along (at last until he gets to Rivet City). I am happy with how you handled this quest and can't wait to see what's next on Sunshine's agenda. Also, welcome back!