Reviews for Rough Beginnings
SpurBoy chapter 43 . 11/19/2016
Awesome! I really loved this story and was so glad they ended up in New York together with their dreams in place. Thanks for sharing!
DA chapter 41 . 10/22/2016
Some years later and this is still one of the best stories I have read in my 16 years of reading fanfics. Always a pleasure to reread it.
Blue-Portrait chapter 43 . 10/12/2016
Just read this story again in 2 days. I hope you update it one day. Would love to see them get that amazing ending! This story is still amazing after all of these years and it's not even finished yet.
babyvfan chapter 43 . 9/19/2016
FINALLY.

FInally.

FIN-FUCKING-ALLY.

It took me close to...I wanna say 3 or 4 weeks, which is shameful to admit because if it was still summer again and I wasn't in school, I would have gotten it done earlier but still I managed. It took awhile longer than I anticpated because I had to keep putting down the story to work on other things and then read it in different spots like my phone, my iPad, and my laptop but I finally did it. I am FINALLY caught up with the story

And dude...this has to be one of the best Faberry stories I ever read on fanfiction. It was just so beautiful, intense, sad, heartbreaking, heartwarming. Whatever emotion is there to feel, I felt it. And I must tip my hat to you since your kissing scenes and sex scenes are FUCKING HOT. I love it. It never gets tired or old. And it was just-I love everything about this story. I can't wait till the next chapter
babyvfan chapter 30 . 9/13/2016
Holy...

First off so so sorry that i haven't been reviewing. I should have. This story is amazing. More than amazing. It's incredible. I should have been dropping so many reviews. Or hit each chapter with a thousand emjoes. But it's been hard to do since I've been binging on this story for the past week on my iPad, phone, and laptop, struggling to remember where my place was, but I want you to know right now that I love it sooooooo much. So far I think it had to be one of the best Faberry fanfics I've read so far.

But I had to comment here because of all things I did not at all see that plot twist. All this time I though Hiram was being too protective and harsh but now we know why and dear god I feel so bad for spending over twenty chapters hating his guts
Forevergleek9615 chapter 42 . 7/14/2016
I don't know why it said I've already posted on chapter 43 when I didn't I have, so I'll post this on here. This is story is incredibly good. I kept seeing this story and kept decided not to read it until the beginning of this week. I finally did and you're writing is just phenomenal. The drama and the way that you portray both girls is exactly how I'd envision it happening on the show.

We know that Judy really dislikes the Berry's due to her religious beliefs; but will she ever find out about her daughter being gay and in a relationship with Rachel?
StarSeeker24 chapter 43 . 6/20/2016
This is just absolutely phenomenal, the amount of detail, the ins and outs of the story, the fleshed our interactions and habits of the characters just made it that more fun to read. And this story just is a great source of hope for kids who maybe aren't in the easiest place right now when it comes to family and sexuality. Quinn's journey was by far the feeling point of the entire story because she grew from a girl scared of what she would see in the mirror into a bad ass Quinn who knows what she wants. And every conflict was completely organic as the order and cause and effect of things made sense. And the tie in with Hiram and Russel really shocked me and it added another layer of self consciousness to Quinn and her relationship, plus Rachel was absolutely spunky. Just you delivered more than you even promised. And the rather M situations are pretty entertaining. You also really did a nice job of including and exploring Sam and Rachel's insecurities. Sam was just a saint in this Rachel was completely true to the source material I just felt her bouncing off of the computer screen. I really enjoyed her love for Quinn, and her enthusiasm. Also Quinn was so sweet as she did anything she could to make Rachel feel better, and I think Rachel kept the relationship grounded as she reminded Quinn of why this relationship was so important, and she also acted as the moral compass. Overall this story is just a favorite of mine, and the length is just another bonus, if you feel up to it another update would be superb.
kiloriley chapter 43 . 4/17/2016
So so so glad to read new chapters from this story! Hopefully you'll update soon. This is one of my favorites.
Guest chapter 43 . 3/26/2016
Welcome back!
Finally, I have had this story on alert for years,so the joy I felt when I saw it updated was huge.
The re-reading of this story was so worth my weekend,it is amazing.
Best of luck and I hope to see future updates from you!
Guest chapter 43 . 3/19/2016
Good
EndlesslyKate chapter 43 . 3/11/2016
I started rereading this in light of the code 307 and I needed to be reminded that happiness can be found in fandom. Canon can fuck up so many wonderful possibilities but things can still be okay. There are still talented people making things better.

I found this story when I still in the closet and I really identified with Quinn and Santana in their internal struggles. I'm out now and much happier than I was. And I feel this was an inspiration for me to be more authentically myself even back then.

Even now, rough beginnings is grounding and inspiring. It reminds me that happiness is possible. Television and showrunners can't take that away. LGBT fans deserve better and this story reminds me of that and ignites a passion in me. Thank you. Thank you so much for writing this and making things better. This means a lot to me and I doubt i will ever be able to vocalize properly just how much and what this has done for my soul.

(Im operating u dear the assumption you are aware what's going on in the 100.. Thats what a code 307 is lexa dying in the 100 by a stray ducking bullet..in case that was unclear)
Guest chapter 23 . 1/30/2016
Mannnn! Quinn shut Santana's foolishness down like a Boss!
Guest chapter 43 . 12/31/2015
Years later and I am still in love with this story...Great chapter! Thanks for sharing!

Happy New Year!
FaberryBRA chapter 43 . 12/21/2015
;-)
llachlan chapter 43 . 12/4/2015
I periodically reread this, probably out of twisted hope that suddenly there will be more... And you made my week! Not one, but two new, wonderful chapters.

I love that things are settled with Sam and their friendships are all back on track. Thank you for continuing such a wonderful story.
1,621 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »