Reviews for Brain Damage
Amy chapter 20 . 11/15/2014
Good fic :)
LonelyNightz chapter 20 . 5/31/2013
I loved it! Your going to write more, right?
HilsonFTW chapter 14 . 8/19/2012
*LOL* Of course he would remember Lupus and Moron! :-D Beautiful story!
Alan wannabe chapter 20 . 8/9/2011
That's a yes, if you were asking, House! And what a lovely way to end this extraordinary story!
Alan wannabe chapter 17 . 8/9/2011
It's such a shame that so few states have legalized gay and House would have been so perfect for one another, and then there are states where it is legal, but people still feel that partners should not have sex even when it is legal! Now, what could be more ridiculous than that?
Alan wannabe chapter 10 . 8/9/2011
As the song says...I like it, I love it, I want some more of it, especially for Alan and Denny, if you are familiar with Boston Legal. A couple of authors other than me have written like this but never, never enough!
Alan wannabe chapter 9 . 8/9/2011
W-O-W! Perfect!
Alan wannabe chapter 5 . 8/9/2011
I am from the nearly depleted Boston Legal section of fan fiction, and now House is one of the few appreciated TV show many of us remember. The thought of Wilson falling asleep in House's arms is so appropriate and lovely! I wonder if you are gay too, take it from me, marrying a straight is not a good idea!
Alan wannabe chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
I am Alan wannabe from the fading Boston Legal, but am a big House fan, and I have believed that House and Wilson should be long-term lovers for some time. As I believe that Denny and Alan should be at least now that they are married, anyway. Oh how I would love to read the dream that Cuddy had about Wilson and House being active lovers! no chance?
TrenchcoatsAreSexy chapter 20 . 7/13/2011
Oh, I loved this. So damn sweet. Such a beautiful ending. Hard topic! Great job 3
Richie117 chapter 20 . 4/28/2011
Sorry it took me so long! I love this fic so much that I did't want just to comment it and leave it behind ;-)

Like I said, I'm a sucker for this kind of stories and I really wish your would be longer, so House's improving would be more detailed. Anyway, I like your idea. I can imagine House getting better and back to normal life partially thanks to recovering from the injury and partially because he still has his rapid learning skills. And of course Wilson is the best person to take care of House. No one would be willing to sacrifice themselves to House the way Wilson is ready to do it!

House's child-like behaviour and the first hug between him and Wilson just melted my heart. I believe that House - like most of people - crave for intimate interhuman contact, but he learned to hide this need deep inside him, because of his childhood, and Stacy, and maybe even the infarction. So I like it very much when he acts so openly. You did great job fulfilling all of the story with House looking for closeness when the things that used to restrain him become forgotten. Also, you have wonderful ability in writing child-like lines of dialogue for House. While reading, I almost could hear his voice filled with emotions and this child's innocent eagerness, pride and trust. Srsly, I couldn't do it better in my own native language. And yet another thing I adore are all the moments when House shows his interest in Wilson's wellbeing. It was so cute when he was worried about Wilson being unhappy without his job _

I'm not a specialist in the law or procedures in such cases, but what you wrote seems very convincing to me. At the end of the fic though, I have some doubts if a person in House's state would regain their full rights as an adult. I mean, he still has troubles with understanding some issues there, so I don't think it would be safe for him to live all on his own. Maybe staying in a partial custody (or whatever it's called professionally) would be a better solution.

The chapter 8, with the talk about Amber, was probably the most moving in the whole story. You made it clear how hard the conversation was for both of them - for House because he didn't understand so many thing and for Wilson because it must be like digging into a fresh wound for him. Honestly, I started to cry myself, when House said that he wanted to die in Wilson's arms, not knowing what it had to mean for Wilson. Then there was the scene with hugging on the couch and I have no words to describe how sweet and touching it seemed *_*

The discussion about sex and love was interesting, too. According to some psychological theory, a person needs to reach at least the adolescent stage of growing to be capable of romantic love, so Wilson's therapist was somehow right. I'm saying "somehow", because it's impossible to tell for sure what the things look like in a case like House's. I suspect he could feel romantic love but didn't get its abstract concept - that might be the reason of his frustration and anger. As I understand, even at the end of the fic House sees the world in a very "materialistic" way, like he'd just learnt what is right and what is wrong, and on that base he'd intuitively built his moral code. Good thing he has overly-guilty!Wilson beside him and not someone who would take advantage of it.

I admit I have mixed feelings about the sex-thing. I'm not going to fuss about it, because what we've seen in S07 was more controversial, IMO. Of course, I have nothing against House/Wilson intercourses; in fact I was waiting for them since I read that drabbles of yours :D What bothers me is that sex with Cuddy. Personally I think she'd be ready to rape House's dead body if she didn't have other chance to have sex with him, but in general I have a feeling that it's not a kind of favour friends are doing to each other. With Wilson it was different because at first House didn't even know what's happening with his body, and Wilson was the only person he trusted enough to ask for explanation. Beside that, Wilson did try his best to be clinical about it and had his moral doubts. Cuddy, on the other hand, made it clear, that she's doing it not only for House but also for her own benefit. Maybe this Huddy-sex would be easier to accept if it came up more spontaneously and not be scheduled right after a very serious conversation about House's past. If I were Cuddy, I believe I wouldn't even be in a mood for sex after that. On the plus side, if that would be more love/care-caused experience, House probably wouldn't say that Cuddy was "not that special" xD

But, getting back to House and Wilson, it was truly sweet! I felt so sorry for Wilson, that he put aside his own needs just to be sure he's doing the best for House. I was hoping that, at some point, House'll ask him if he could return the favour ;-)

The very ending was a real cherry on top! I've never see it coming and I'm happy you did not finish with some standard "and they live happily ever after". Actually, I think Wilson's last words are one of the best declaration of love and devotion I've ever read! :-)
jossujb chapter 20 . 4/15/2011
I ratherd liked this fic, even though I have somewhat mixed feelings. There were quite a lot of scenes and parts that I definitely liked a lot, especially in first ten chapters, then I started to feel bit eerie. I don't mind the sex and all that, I think you had pretty good and valid explanations to it, I think it's because of the oeverall easiness of this situation. I mean, everyone pretty well articulate, especially Wilson and Cuddy, like everything they said to House was well practiced and thought trough. There weren't too much of confusion or insecure moments and I think that overall this whole situation would be a mental turbulence for everyone.

It's weird to complain how you're clearly well articulate and frank writer, you go straight to the point and everything remarcably easy to read and understand even for a non-native speaker like I. But maybe this subject would have needes some haze and a bit expressive approach? We didn't see that much how all this affected House and Wilson, we raid what they did and how they coped with it, but I was wishing perhaps something more personal. Something shoving that they are not completely coping with this situation.

I hope you don't think I'm selfimportant jerk writing all my silly opinions to you. I actually rarely write more that two word reviews, as English is not my native and it's hard to gather my thought togerther. But I followed your story chapter by chapter and felt like I owe my time to write something down, as I still think this was very inetersting fic and a story that follows me even after reading it. I often found myself thinking what you'll write next,

Maybe my feeling are not completly positive and I cannot say I loved every part of this, but you can be sure I will remeber this story much longer than many fic that I've felt more positive with.

Jossu
namasteyo chapter 18 . 4/13/2011
Sorry, you've lost me too. : ( I can't suspend my disbelief any further. I know you write that House is improving, but ... he's still brain-damaged. And I cannot buy a therapist saying, "Sure you should have sex with him. That would be perfect." (That's a paraphrase, I know!) And then Cuddy et al are perfectly OK having sex with him? I don't get what the point of this is.

Part of the problem for me, also, is the dialogue: It's very far, in many places, from how people speak naturally, and that gives the conversations a cold tone - which, for me, makes the content all the more unbelievable. I'm sorry, just my honest opinion. I've liked other stories from you! : )
TetraFish06 chapter 18 . 4/13/2011
I think that you made it pretty clear that he is improving. Thanks for the update!
Carine chapter 18 . 4/13/2011
Somehow I think it is a little weird that House is sleeping around with Wilson, Cuddy, Chase (Thirteen is next I guess) after becoming brain damaged. This turns into a story where someone at the mental age of a little kid has sex all the time and nobody thinks this could maybe not such a good idea. Whatever, you lost me.