Reviews for Happily Ever After?
Guest chapter 1 . 11/13/2019
I know you have said that you are not a great fan of the Hawke /Caitlin pairing, yet this piece beautifully represents one possible scenario which could very believably have played out. There is just enough of a hint of mutual attraction here that gives hope to the possibility of the tentative beginnings of a new relationship between these two beloved characters who should have found love a decade earlier but lost their chance due to Hawke's self-isolating character. Here, as you brilliantly put it, a light bulb has gone on for him, and perhaps just now, with another 10 years of life experience under his belt, and being much more reflective, he is finally ready to take that leap with the girl who has loved him for so long. I would like to see a second (or more!) chapters, where they cautiously embark on a new relationship. But I would want it to have a happy ending! They have both had enough heartache!
Geeralda chapter 1 . 3/8/2019
I really like your writing. You write the characters so well. This made me a little sad. I always thought Caitlin and String would end up together. And hoped they would in this one. A few more chapters to make that happen would have made me very happy.

Thanks for writing and sharing your stories.
Ladycaitwolf chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
Please write a sequel
StarElk chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
Oh, let there be more! this was very good!
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
Oh come on! You can't just leave off there, Maria! There's too much potential for more angst or a happier ending than what these two have managed to eke out so far. Though I guess the fact that St. John was never found - Bouchard or someone of his kind push him too far and...kerput? - definitely had an impact on how things progressed for the crew. Shame about Le Van, if only because it's one more "example" String can use for saying his luck's crap.

Still...beautiful work in capturing these two old hands struggling to find some of the old spark :D
Miss Raye chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
would REALLY love to know what happens next!

great conversations between the two... totally in character and believable :D thanks for writing it
Ladyhawke 620 chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
Grimmer than I'd like to ever see it, and yet gotta love that morsel of hope at the end. Hard to see Hawke ever give up, or Cait for that matter.

Will join some of the others in saying I think it needs another chapter (or two, or three or four). Me being the eternal optimist I am would like to think some things never die - like the ability to take a stand for those who can't, and somebody having your back.

And I'll take what might be the minority view among some here - I always thought Cait and String should end up together - eventually. Oh yeah, maybe it'd take them eons, but who else put up with the other and who else had the heart to love them. And ultimately, that's what we all want.

Happily ever after...no, maybe we don't all get it, but its worth it to keep trying. And Hawke nor Cait was ever a quitter...

Well written piece, even if I do want a little more Happily Ever After in it.
Enfleurage chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
Absolutely perfect and perfectly in character, if more than a bit heartbreaking. I never saw Hawke getting a happy ending, either by bringing St. John home or having a happily ever after with wife, kids and family. How tragic for Caitlin that the magical period of her life with Hawke, Dom & Airwolf made the rest seem flat, but I can see that after such concentrated excitement and comradery, little else lives up to it, which is why some old warriors live in the past.

In a sad way, this is probably the most believable of all of the Hawke/Caitlin stories I've ever read.
Elanquest chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
Oh I really like this. They had real lives with heartache. Nothing is ever the same when you go back home, but you can still make a good life moving forward with open eyes. I would love to read in chapter 2 what happened the next day. Please write a chapter two.
millarayen chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
oh! no puedo dejar de pensar que amarga les resultó la vida a causa de sus propias decisiones. Creo que no se merecían llegar así a su madurez. Pero tal vez vean este encuentro como una nueva oportunidad para hacer frente a sus verdaderos sentimientos cualquiera que sean!
robertwnielsen chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
Good to see you writing again! :) Have to admit, the summary in the notification email scared me...but, there seems to be enough hope there that the relationship might still happen. (Hint..hint...sequel? Update?) Very nicely done...I could have seen this happening in an episode. XD

RWN