Reviews for The Boy Who Survived
Josie Belle Barnstormer chapter 5 . 4/7/2011
This author's description of the dog and the children is unerring. She makes the reader part of the action and also allows us to feel the bond between boy and pup.

This very responsible child now grows upon the reader - we begin to wonder more about his feelings and motivations, details so far a bit lacking.

Overall, as in previous chapters, this author keeps the reader engaged. I look forward to chapter 6.
Josie Belle Barnstormer chapter 4 . 4/7/2011
This author does a nice touch with the Wizard of Oz sequence. Except for a few typos and a few awkward sentence fragments, this chapter continues to demonstrate thie author's narrative and descriptive abilities.
Josie Belle Barnstormer chapter 3 . 4/7/2011
Nice description demonstrates just how carefully this author does her work. Suspense now, too. Where is the boy going? Is he in danger from unexploded bombs?
x-Avarice-x chapter 4 . 4/5/2011
This is very intriguing to me, though I don't quite know what's going on. That's a good thing, though, keeps me thinking.

Can't wait for the next chapter!
x-Avarice-x chapter 3 . 4/5/2011
This seems to be exactly like the end of the previous chapter. Perhaps you added too much to chapter 2?

Just thought I'd let you know. :) Keep writing! This story intrigues me.
Josie Belle Barnstormer chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
What a great story. Mystery, war, growth, child's point of view, scene- setting - all achieved through the narrative ability of this author.

One quibble about an otherwise excellent story: the invented words add nothing to the story - they are only a distraction, imho.