Reviews for An Old and New World
Simianpower chapter 29 . 7/15
I really liked The Dark Lord's Equal, and WANTED to like this one... but I didn't. The start was a lot of fun. But this story jumped the shark around chapter 20. I kept reading, hoping it would once again become a fun read, but it kept getting increasingly silly. Not funny, not amusing, just silly. All over the place, with no coherent plot or believable characters. It started out well, it middled rather badly, and I'm done.
s-david-m chapter 37 . 7/15
I'm a little conflicted about this fic. Lots of great parts to it, funny, action packed, bizarre, interesting, etc. But it seemed to drag a little at parts, and veered off in so many ways that I almost lost interest a few times.

At first it really seemed like a more serious story, with a Harry that was going more dark, and I was digging that. Then it suddenly went a surreal, which kind of came out of nowhere, so it wasn't a smooth transition.

The subsequent trip was meandering, but often funny and interesting, and you showed off some good idea, so I enjoyed it overall.

Other than that, your grammar and spelling could use some work. For instance, you always write "saying as" when you really mean "seeing as".

Anyway, thanks for the fic!
Simianpower chapter 25 . 7/15
Great, teach one of the most self-righteous people in the world spells that only work for the righteous... or those who believe that they are. Hermione's the same girl who set a professor's robes on fire because she THOUGHT he was attacking her friend, even though he was the one trying to save him. She may not be the same girl who permanently mutilated a classmate for tattling on her (only happened in canon), but her self-righteous streak isn't any less pronounced here than it is in canon. Dark magic may be addictive, but light magic is retarded. It'll harm you instead of your target if and only if you BELIEVE what you're doing to be wrong, so take someone who thinks their shit don't stink (like Hermione) and teach her that, she's the next Dark Lady in Light Clothing. (And Hermione's one of my favorite characters, despite all her canonical flaws.) Hell, even Albus thinks anyone who doesn't implicitly agree with everything he says is "going Dark", and he's the guy who planned and implemented (in canon) the human sacrifice of an innocent child.
s-david-m chapter 20 . 7/15
While the blast from nuclear weapons don't penetrate the ground very deeply, it would cause a tremendous earthquake which should have levelled the whole underground building.
Simianpower chapter 24 . 7/14
I think the story's sort of lost lock on what it was doing. Or else the crack has just reached critical mass and is falling apart. I hope this picks up some direction again soon, because I'm losing interest. The whole Lily plotline seems to be where it started going off the rails.
Simianpower chapter 22 . 7/14
So... maybe I missed something, but if Luna isn't teaching anyone the sticky shield until the movie comes out, then how is it that Tam uses it against Harry a few hours prior to that, in this same chapter? What, she taught Tam but not Harry? I find that hard to believe, since both of them think Tam is a few inches away from betraying them all.
mckertis chapter 4 . 7/9
It is chapter 4, and as it goes on it looks progressively more like an acid trip, so i just stopped caring.
Draco threw of Tams imperius? Tams? so.. Draco is now the second most powerful wizard after Voldemort? Considering how easy it seems to be to get superpowered in this fic im surprised Harry is as weak as he apparantly is
well.. with that little revelation ive lost all interest in Fleur..
Luna is love, Luna is life. Seriously though thanks to canon fanfic writers can make amazing things with her and yours is amazing!
that fight scene was so beautiful in how realistic it was, it was so perfect it brought me to tears
in several place it says "saying" instead of what oyu mean: "seeing"
Exivus chapter 9 . 5/18
It's not "saying as", it's "seeing as". Please fix it, everytime I come across it, I cringe.
Wolfman217 chapter 37 . 5/15
THIS WAS FUCKING AWESOME. WELL DONE AND THANK YOU!

More please if possible.
No flow at all, I see no sense in the breaks and have no sense of time through this chapter