Reviews for Ninja Spirits
Lady Jaye1 chapter 7 . 11/2
Sorry, but I'm not logged in. I'm glad to see that Misao finally recovered!
Slytherin Studios chapter 7 . 11/1
I like it, nicely done.
Kusari-Gama 61602 chapter 7 . 10/31
*raises hands in triumph* MISAO, FREE, FINALLYYYYYYY!

Love Fearless Master's comment about Misao's grand plan being to attack intruders without a weapon. Because, yeah, the ninja is a weapon, but there's something to be said about obsessively guarding a place then attacking threats with no weapons at hand.
Bronwyn Celtia chapter 7 . 10/31
Two thumbs up
willwrite4fics chapter 7 . 10/31
Awwww this is so adorable. Stabby ninja adorableness.
Kusari-Gama 61602 chapter 6 . 1/4
Oh, Fearless Master. You never fail to amuse. Especially when you all but claim Billy as your own grandson.

Awesome update. Nothing as fun as seeing FM complain about the living not giving him enough entertainment. As for the new ghost, I honestly don't know. Ayame is talking about Misao, methinks.

MOAR. Please. Or whenever you have time. I can't boss you around. 0w0
TinySprite chapter 6 . 1/4
O.O *sits down and grabs popcorn*
Bronwyn Celtia chapter 6 . 1/4
You DID have me worried that it was Beach as the PT ghost for a moment or two!
Bronwyn Celtia chapter 5 . 1/4
Sorta explains Storm Shadow's "change of heart"...
Bronwyn Celtia chapter 3 . 1/4
The Soft Master definitely isn't much like his brothers.
Bronwyn Celtia chapter 1 . 1/4
Interesting look at Tommy's family life.
Lady Jaye1 chapter 6 . 1/2
Lovely update. I liked the contrast you put in between father and son, as well as "grandpa" being fond if Billy. Interesting development with the green shirts and the PT ghost.
willwrite4fics chapter 6 . 1/2
I can't think of who it is, but Ayame is doing a good deed here. SS is a bit clueless, but only for his own particular blind spots.
red dawn x2 chapter 5 . 6/1/2014
So to start off my review, let me say wow. That is one in depth universe you have going there. There is obviously a lot of effort put into your universe. However, I do find a few things slightly odd about the universe.
To start, I find the interactions between the ninja clans and the political machinations to be interesting intrigue. However, it seems entirely inappropriate behavior for mercenaries and assassins descended from peasants to be discussing and acting like nobility. Their behavior seems appropriate for Samurai, in my opinion, but not for stealthy killers whose main tactics involve poison, knives in the dark, and other exceedingly dishonorable tactics. With this in mind, the continuation of a ninja clan is probably not dependent upon bloodlines, but far more likely just passes to the most well respected or oldest member of the clan. Samurai didn't even depend upon direct bloodlines, as they would sometimes make nephews or adopted sons the heirs to the throne. This is because they didn't justify their rule by divine right, as Europeans did, but rather by family honor, thus making it more of a meritocracy.
On a plot note, why is it necessary for Storm Shadow take jobs? I mean, at this point they have the Soft Master and the Hard Master, both of whom are masters and are more or less just as capable of working as Storm Shadow. Heck, Obake Obaasan could probably do some jobs as long as they didn't require a true master of the Arashikage. And if money was really tight, they could totally just offer to launder money through Soft Master's restaurant.
Additionally, the pacing seems... odd to me. The non linear flow of the story seems to add a great deal of confusion to the plot unnecessarily. The chapters at the moment do not seem to tell a coherent narrative, but that may just be because the story is unfinished. I would just warn you to be careful with this type of storytelling, as it can often lead to strange complications in the narrative.
Another thing adding to the disconcerting effect of the plot is a matter of focus. What is the most important story to tell? Is it Storm Shadow's father and his doings in the spirit world? Is it Jinx growing up? Is it Storm Shadows aspirations to be a teacher? There seem to be a lot of unconnected threads. Again, this may just be the fact that this story is in the middle stages, but at the moment the story seems to jump around without any kind of dramatic build up.
My last niggle is that Storm Shadow is generally driven not by an external code of honor, but more by an internal code of ethics. This may be difference in your AU, but I feel that it robs the character of some of the more interesting aspects of his personality.
On the other hand though, I do like your OC's! They add to the story a great deal and seem like believable characters with their own set of feelings and emotions. I think that this story fills an important part of the narrative previously left rather barren by previous canon, and I applaud your choice of setting. I was also impressed by the creativity of incorporating the non-corporeal into the story. I also immensely enjoyed most of the character interactions. This seems like a solid story to me, though I do think that it could use a little polishing to make it truly shine.
Lady Jaye1 chapter 5 . 5/3/2014
Very nice! It was great to see the whole (dead) gang together and trying to ram a lesson through Tommy's head. Looking forward to more updates!
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »