Reviews for Ninja Spirits
Slytherin Studios chapter 4 . 6/4/2013
I love your story, please update soon.
Catwings1026 chapter 4 . 4/7/2012
Loved this! At first, I admit that I was thrown a bit by the colloquial tone of the dialogue; then I realized that the characters wouldn't need that stilted, formal stereotypical language Asian characters so often get saddled with. Speaking in their own language, they can be every bit as casual (and cute! Loved the Ayame/FM exchanges) as anyone.

I'd love to know how "Goblin Granny" got her name, and I think the distinctions between spirits and ghosts are wonderful. Great job with the historical detailing - the censors, etc. - and the blend of humor and mystery. A fine backstory for Storm Shadow, and oc's I hope to read more of!
Giant Snapping Turtle chapter 4 . 10/15/2011
So precious. But sad. Her poor mother. It must be awful to be stuck with that fear for so long...I hope she finds relief soon!

...On the other hand. THEY WERE SO CUTE.

My god. I just had a cuteness overload. Little Jinx, Kimi, she was so cuuuute! And Tommy was so good with her ;) so touching. I loved how he was proud of his ability to win carnival games ;)

The ultimate test for a ninja : Win All The Carnival Games.

So sweet. Ah. I need to calm down now. Too much cuteness.

...naaah I'm just gonna re-read it ;) More fun! Who wants to be calm anyway!
PhantomEmpress chapter 4 . 9/20/2011
Poor Misao, Trapped in pain and suffering for her Daughter.
Linuxgirl chapter 4 . 9/19/2011
Sigh, sooo sad! But beautiful.

And I love the childhood scene between Tommy and Kimi. It's really cute, Tommy obviously saw Kimi rather as a little sister than a cousin the way he's spoiling her ;-).
Asterisk78 chapter 4 . 9/18/2011
I really like this back story for Jinx. It's touching without being sentimental, and I think it adds a lot of depth to her character. Hence, I enjoyed the rest of the chapter, and I'm looking forward to the next installment. No pressure or anything, of course :D
Lady Jaye1 chapter 4 . 9/18/2011
Nice update. I really liked the focus on Jinx and her mother this chapter. Also, Obake Obaasan and the HM continue to be awesome (oh, and FM of course).
my sweet feathered angel chapter 4 . 9/18/2011
wow i love it and i'm sad about jinx's mother's death and about her mom
TinySprite chapter 4 . 9/18/2011
Nice chapter! I wonder if Jinx could see others or would it only be Misao?
willwrite4fics chapter 4 . 9/18/2011
Awww, it's so heroic and sad. Her mom standing guard obsessively even after death, the other ghosts trying to break her out ofthe obsession even as Fearless Master shows his own obsession with revenge. Tommy is adorable with his oh-so-grown-up "I knew I'd hVe to carry you" and tiny Kimi is always cute. Love it. Has a lot of powerful scenes with just enough humor tossed in to keep it from being depressing.
Linuxgirl chapter 3 . 6/2/2011
Just three word: I love it.

Especially the way you and Crystal are playing back and forth with the theme.

As for the Soft Master, he honestly never seemed to be the one to lead a clan, as he abandoned the rest of the clan just to hunt Tommy. Not a good thing for a clan leader to do.

And you got Obake Obaasan very well, she really seems to think pretty much everyone around her a fool and she needs to teach them better. "Goblin Granny" is the most fitting name they could have ever found for her ;-).

Please, please, please more.
zenbon zakura chapter 3 . 5/30/2011
what about kimiko's mother?

hurry update!
general zargon chapter 3 . 5/30/2011
I think the Soft Master's an idiot in this chapter, but I guess everyone makes mistakes. I admire how you worked the even more supernatural twist in there, and were you talking about Jinx when you mentioned Kimi? Hmmm, I wonder what Tommy's dad thought about Hawk when the general decided against executing Tommy? I bet he jumped up and down or at least the ninja equivalent. _ Anyway, please keep up the excellent work and update soon!
CrystalOfEllinon chapter 3 . 5/30/2011
Holy shit, PLOT.

And yeah, it's gonna take a few centuries for the FM and Ayame to even begin to forgive the Soft Master for that. Even though, as you said, he just made a very, very bad mistake and later did everything he culd to make up for it.

The FM raging at both of his brothers and his Worried Furious Parent disregard for little things like, y'know, him being dead and unable to throttle his brother is fantastic.

Also, Obake. I liked that you had her break down for a moment; she's a tough bird, but the Hard Master WAS her husband, and I doubt they'd have been married for...well, however long they were married...if they didn't love each other. But then, of course, she pulled it together; there was Shit That Needed To Be Dealt With, after all.

Also, NO THANK YOU for making me picture the Soft Master naked. Argh. Evil woman.

Thanks for the shout-out, BTW:)
Lady Jaye1 chapter 3 . 5/30/2011
I liked seeing the Hard Master's POV and his interactions with the Fearless Master and Obake Obaasan. Obake is awesome, too bad she wasn't able to stop SM's stupidity, but at least she stalled him. I'm looking forward to seeing where you're going with Jinx's mother.