Reviews for Happiness is a Warm Snickerdoodle
anlmoon chapter 1 . 11/6/2014
great story. Very funny and entertaining and very realistic to the !
Necronom Hezberek Mortix chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
Wow, you write beautifully! This could be a part of a book! I could see this clearly and perfectly as another "Lost Episode". Subtly humorous, a smirk-all-the-way-through oneshot. Bravo!
Elivra26 chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
Aww, this was brilliant! Raven and Jinx are so definitely perfect buddies, even if they don't call themselves that... good job!
DiamondDragonFrost chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
Hilarious. I love this. :D I have to go and read some moar Jinx/Raven friendship!fluff now.

Faved.

-Dia
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
This is hilarious! Love your little bon mots:

"catastrophically inept, if attentive"

"stolen, re-re-re-heated Chinese as the height of culinary achievement"

"Well, for a given value of 'tasty', anyway"

Wonderful one-shot! A piece of art! Such an excruciatingly perfect examination of their characters ... via COOKING, of all things! Great concept, beautiful execution.

Favoriting.
AllYourWafflesBelongToMe chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
This is such an amazing story. You have no idea how awesome this oneshot is. It's a perfect mix of comedy and friendship and I absolutely LOVE the way you write and the title too. Happiness is a warm snickerdoodle and after I read this story of yours I felt like I've eaten a whole bunch of warm snickerdoodles.
Angel-of-Energy chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
Awwh! I loved the interaction. It was so good. Not a lot of fics have this good of writing. This has nothing to do with your fic, (which was excellent) but what is a mary sue?
Angel-of-Energy chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
avearia chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
Lovely story. I enjoy finding fics that took care and creativity to create, and this fic just feels so POLISHED next to some of the 'everyone gets hyper cracfic' that's out there. :)

Although I like this story a lot, I do have a crit: repetition. Repetition is used to emphasize a certain point, an idea or a list. However if you overuse it, the story can seem... well, repetitive, lazy, or lost-if you have too many things emphasized, then what is the main point? You had roughly 5 instances of repetition in this fic, which is an awful lot for a oneshot. Is it too much? I don't think so, but it's certainly bordering on it.

Personally I stick with the rule of three. Don't use more than three repeating words in a row ("They fought. They debated. They argued.") unless the fourth is meant to subvert the list ("They fought. They debated. They argued. They enjoyed doing so.") and don't use more than three separate instances of repetition per chapter/story. -this is just my opinion, my personal style. You may think the amount of repetition you used is fine, and that's your call. I'm just commenting because I noticed it and it bugged me.

Other than that, I loved the story. I personally burst out laughing when you described the Raven-outline on the fridge. All your detail created a picture in my mind, and hooked me from the start to the finish. I particularly liked some of the more colorful descriptions you used (re-re-re-heated Chinese, dusted with flour, towering, terrible rage...) it wasn't bland description like some people use. Even mundane things seem interesting. Your style & wordchoice are entertaining and deep.

I also like the not-friendship you created for Jinx and Raven, it seems very in-character for the two of them. I love friendship fics, and I wish there were more of them.

I enjoyed reading your fic, and I hope to have the chance to read more from you in the future.

Keep writing,

avearia
TheDaughterBox chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
This is wonderful. Everyone always portrays Raven as almost a Mary Sue like perfect person, and having something that she just can't figure out gives her a lovely realism.

Plus, Jinx is awesome. Period.
GrossGirl18 chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
Aww, this is so cute! The only thing is, Jinx doesn't have eyebrows in the first place.
XxPhoenix FlightxX chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
Aw, Jinx/Rae friendship for the win! XD
never-vs-always chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
This is incredible!

I always love Raven/Jinx interaction, but most of the stores with the two of them involve them falling in love, which doesn't seem plausible to me. I loved your rendition with the sort of reluctantly not-friendship. The prose was flawless, as far as I could tell. It was also funny without taking away from the plot and making it a crack fic.

Awesome job!