Reviews for Secrets on the Water
Nankai no kyoufu chapter 8 . 4/13/2013
This is good stuff, keep it up.
Jen4850 chapter 8 . 1/21/2013
I lvoe that when Nancy and Peggy are armed with a curling iron it really is a weapon.
Faith chapter 8 . 11/15/2012
Oh. My. GOD! I love this story! So much! Update soon please!
SkyeBlue chapter 8 . 9/4/2012
I love this! Please update! I want to see what happens!
tic tac toe 03 chapter 8 . 8/13/2012
Such a great story- can't wait for more!
Tacx
Fergus Mason chapter 8 . 4/26/2012
I love this. Please write more soon!
Elennare chapter 8 . 4/22/2012
I love this story, and I can’t wait for the next update! I always wanted the Swallows and Amazons to meet the Coots.

You’ve done a great job at aging everyone up but still keeping them nicely in character – Nancy still refusing to wear best frocks or be called Ruth, she and John both denying there’s anything between them, Titty and Dot as close as ever, Susan and Peggy getting everyone packed on time… All the little things that make them who they are.

The part in the second chapter with Susan, Peggy, Titty and Dot pretty much “shipping” John/Nancy (and Susan, Peggy and Dot shipping Dick/Titty) was really amusing. Nice to see we have the same ships ;)

I’m curious about where Bridget is, is she with her parents? She always seems to wind up a bit left out… though if they’ve taken her abroad, I bet she’s having an adventure of her own!

I like how you mention the war every now and then; it’s subtle enough that it doesn’t throw the reader out of the story, but frequent enough to keep the fact that this may be the last such carefree holiday they have fresh in our minds. (By the way, what year is the story set in? My attempt at a timeline had Nancy being 17 in 1934/35, but this seems later – of course, Ransome himself wasn’t entirely consistent with dates and ages!)

"I haven't seen you in a skirt before. I didn't even realise you possessed a skirt.” That line really made me laugh! And overprotective John is brilliant.

“Susan and Peggy were getting organised for changing trains. A little early perhaps, but there were quite a few of them, and they anticipated that the others would be useful.” Was that maybe meant to be ‘would be useless’, or ‘wouldn’t be useful’?

I like Mrs Maybrook :) Though having been in situations where people thought a friend and I were dating, I can sympathise with Nancy and John!

I spotted a few typos and grammar mistakes while I was reading, but nothing major. I can PM them to you if you like, though I know it’s a pain correcting anything here on ! I’m available to beta if you want one – anything for Swallows and Amazons fanfic :)

Once again, great story! I’m looking forward to the next chapter.
TheThingThatHasNoName chapter 7 . 3/18/2012
Thankyou so much for updating and I'm really pleased to see more John/nancy. I especially love the sweet little old lady in the carriage at the end of chapter 8. Plus, John and Nancy's awkward relationship makes me laugh. Please write more soon, I love this story so much and I can't wait to find out what happens between John and nancy when they get there... Thank you so much again :) please write more soon if youre not too busy
TheThingThatHasNoName chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
loved it :) plz write more :) its really good :) especially plz write more John and Nancy :) but plz plz plz write more :)
TheThingThatHasNoName chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
PureGrace 2011 chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
I really like it! Are you going to write more? PG
LucyReywood chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
Thanks JKE, how far you got in actaul books... Chapter 1?

Sale and Evans INC chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
I am loving this, you two have successfully convinced me to actually start to read these stories :D so you can both be pleased with that ;) xx btw other fanfic people I am the other of the Sale and Evans Inc, not AS I am JKE :) she is not reviewing her own story :)