Reviews for Privateer Possible
Dragonman109 chapter 7 . 6/30/2015
Please do a sequel
smith5576 chapter 7 . 11/11/2014
Please don't let this story end here. It is well written and a very enjoyable read. Great characters too!
Mahler Avatar chapter 7 . 5/27/2011
A nice wrap-up. More please, both of the naval AND the cheese kind. And for some strange reason I'm now in the mood for nachos when I see Pirates of the Carribean IV next week ...

A twenty-one gun salute for a job well done!

Mahler Avatar chapter 6 . 5/27/2011
Another fine entry as Rodger outwits the Brits and makes it home safely. And methinks Caitlin will be spending more than just a few weeks in Boston ...

Nice historical background as is to be expected.

CajunBear73 chapter 7 . 5/14/2011
So cheesy, you are... LOL!

But you got us this far, let's see where you can take us.

Muzzlehatch chapter 6 . 5/3/2011
Was it usual for a ship-of-the-line to condescend to convoy duty?
CajunBear73 chapter 6 . 5/2/2011
Return complete, but the Good Captain seems unsettled... Women always have a way of doing that.

But now that he's ashore it seems an easier pace has developed between Caitlin and Rodger, but soon I think there's to be some butting of heads between the two very capable Captains, on shore.

Mahler Avatar chapter 5 . 4/29/2011
Rodger's ploy is successful, and Capt. O'Neill remains as feisty as ever. "Nothing is certain in war at sea," as the saying goes. And likewise for love at sea, save for the fact we have a clue how the story ends. Looking forward to the next update!

Mahler Avatar chapter 4 . 4/29/2011
Once again, nice development to your tale. And you don't allow it to be 'watered down' by writing for the LCD of readers: I continue to enjoy the naval parlance.

So, Capt. O'Neill has a soft spot for Capt. Possible. And very polite of Rodger to send back the British cannonball. Now let's see if his crew can row, row, row the boat!

CajunBear73 chapter 5 . 4/23/2011
A little bit of seafaring gambling and the Kimberly Ann made good its escape. Nice bit of hopeful planning there.

But for all that concerned the good Captain, the other Captain is bothering him, as he of her, in ways neither can fathom.

Just yet.

CajunBear73 chapter 4 . 4/17/2011
Still denial is not just on another continent... But I think common ground, or water as the case may be, is starting to be reached by these two Captains.

Looking a little dicey here as the wind makes things equal in sailing, but not for cannon fire trading.

Mahler Avatar chapter 3 . 4/13/2011
You continue to provide authentic naval flavour to your tale, with some good terminology at the end so as not to lose those uninitiated with the ways on the high seas. Let's just hope Cap'n Rodger knows what he's doing in his attempt at evasion. He's definitely caught the attention of his feisty counterpart, who seems to be on the receiving end of a very nasty shot. Looking forward to your next update.

CajunBear73 chapter 3 . 4/11/2011
Looks like the two Captains are warming up to each other here.

Possibly more?

But for now I don't think that skipped shot was any friend of Captain O'Neill..

Mahler Avatar chapter 2 . 4/8/2011
Excellent continuation! Although I'm not an expert on the days of Wooden Ships and Iron Men (I personally lean towards the drama of Jutland and the hunt for the Bismarck) you've obviously done your homework and have succeeded in catching the naval flavour of this salty tale.

Kudos for naming Captain Rodger's ship the Kimberly Ann. It fits so amazingly well for naming conventions of the time I'm surprised someone hasn't done it before.

But my favorite line? "He also reflected that women should not be allowed to fight wars. If they did, it would make the wars much too dangerous for men."

And the feisty Captain O'Neill? Obviously the two Captains will be getting much better acquainted before story's end. That is, as long as Captain O'Neill doesn't blow them all to Kingdom Come first ...

A sharp salute to you sir. Looking forward to the next installment of Mathter and Commander!

EnterpriseCV-6 chapter 2 . 4/3/2011
one of my ancestors made the big guns for the Americans during the American Revolution. the rest of my family history I have no clue about