Reviews for Too Late To Hate
AshKetchum425 chapter 1 . 1/21
This story was awesome!
thomaseliot chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
This is fantastic - complicated and poignant and grey. If only the show had explored themes like this more fully.
Thomson chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
What a very neat idea. I love your name by the way. Ha ha Tom Lehrer is the best.
DreamAlways953 chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
Really good! :D And sad.
Saint Bacchus chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
I love stories that make the most out of the complex emotions and situations between characters, instead of just going with simple tropes. Merlin is just too good a person to enjoy seeing Uther suffer, no matter how much he may deserve it. Excellent!
noreallyidontcare chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
A bit late in coming, but this was quite a good insightful chapter. Very nice!
Iymea chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
Are you gonna do more of this? You should! Woah, if only I could write both humor and... er... non-humor... Oh, if you are wondering what I do write, it's the latter. Umm... so yeah, I don't really know what to say... DARN YOU, you made me speachles! I think I have just fallen out with you *sniffs turning her back and crossing her arms* ... er... in the nicest way possible...

AKA, this is brill, keep at it :) x
ajunkboat chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
woah... heavy fic... really nicely done though, you have a great style :)
Vegetableswillhavetheirrevenge chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
That was well done. Although I'm of the belief that Uther will in no way have gone mad, but rather just be a broken man, I still found myself liking the story. However, the first shift to Uther's point of view was a bit unclear- I started reading it as Merlin (and getting quite confused) before I realized who's POV it was. But, other than that, bravo to you :)
FireChildSlytherin5 chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
0.o Very interesting. :)
Kitty O chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
I dont agree that Uther and Merlin are enemies. There is no love lost between them, certainly. And Merlin alternately fears and pities the man... But enemy? I don't think so.

But then you know how I am with Uther.

This was good, well written as always. A slightly darker side of poor Merlin, and a softer side of Uther. It was really very mean of him to scare the man like that!

Deep, sad, sweet! Love.
WitchyWeasel chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
Wow, this was brilliant! You should definitely write more of this sort of thing.
Magnusrae chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
Ah, well I thought that was a good character story. You described the madness in Uther's head very well and it was easy to believe that Morgana would haunt him at the end.

As for Merlin, it was very realistic that he would want to hate Uther and then hate himself for even thinking of the notion. Very human for him to reveal his secret and watch the reaction and pity Uther all the more at the end. I think everyone can relate to this senario. Who hasn't envisioned themselves triumphant over an enemy; pictured what they would do if roles of tormentor and tormented could be reversed. But real life is never that black and white and rarely allows a good soul to enjoy such an empty victory. Merlin's reaction was spot on for his character. Kudos!
V chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
really really good, i like seeing reveals where Uther finds out and it doesn't mean instant death, i thought you wrote both Merlin, Gaius and Uther very in character and would love to see more stuff like this
Suzie chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
I really like this story. It's really sad.