Reviews for I always liked Ron best too
LyNn-6t7 chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
Haha pure awesomeness. U forgot the 11th doctor has unruly hair AND green eyes. Even more like Harry eh? Lol. Anyhow I loved this. But was the doctor really there just to remember? Or was he trying to see if he could contact River somhow? Just curious ;)
Brumby chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
Browsing and found this one. Absolutely fabulous. Clever, quirky but sweet in the end just like the best Dr Who episodes. Congratulations.
madis hartte chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
So yeah. This was, um, brilliant. Sorry for the inept review-it's late at night and I'm tired. XD
Zoe Alice Latimer chapter 1 . 10/20/2011
I adore that Rory's read Peter Pan and Discworld. You have Rory and Amy at their best in-character here, and it's just wonderful.
Reading-and-Bubbling chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
Really beautiful. The analogies are brilliant, and very IC for all the characters.
Tari Roo chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
\o/ hehehehe. That was bloody brilliant.

Interesting and sad for the Doctor to visit the Library again. And well, of course Rory has done a lot of thinking over the years. I think the Peter Pan analogy fits best too :)

Awesome oneshot. Thanks!
timano chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
An excellent story, bringing together two fantasy worlds. (Three if you count Discworld.) 10 out of 10 stars! (Of course, I'm not so sure Rory appreciates being called "ordinary"-even if he does like the "brilliant" part.)
beko chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
I'm not much of a comment writer (I'm sorry for just favouriting your other stories without saying anything, I truly loved all of them, especially "wedding Night" which was just stunningly beautiful and touching and clever and 333) but here I just could keep quite because you mashed up three of my favourite British things (DW, the other DW, and HP) in such a wonderful, wonderful way...!

I can imagine Rory being a Discworld reader so well, and I loved how he compared the Luggage to the TARDIS [btw., Hermione's beaded bag is quite TARDIS-y, too, don't you think? ;)]

I still think the Disc is a real place in the Whoniverse and we'll see the Doctor stroll down the streets of Ankh-Morpork one day...

Anyway, great story, I hope we'll get to read a lot more (even if we're really really lazy commenters _)
MuiromeM chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
Yet another good one shot from you! I liked how you incorporated his sadness for both River and Donna, because as happy as the Doctor seems even he can't truly forget such things. I also love comparing the characters to Harry Potter, as I loved the books and still do! The best bit was at the end though, because I always liked Ron too, and for the same reason i love Rory. They are both loyal and dependable friends who, even if they argue or get into trouble sometimes, they always are there when you really need them.

Very sweet, well done!
Xx starlight-moon xX chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
I loved this, but all the points I was going to make about why have been driven out of my head by the words "wizzard hat".

It's a Discworld reference, in Doctor Who! It's The Doctor, in a Wizzard hat! And Rory reads Discworld!

TOO. MUCH. LOVE.

There are other words like bittersweet and poignant and heartbreaking and cute floating about in my head, but as I said . . . it's Discworld dress-up day on The Library! It's just too brilliant. :D
MuseDePandora chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
Okay, this was brilliant. I was a tiny bit skeptical about the concept at first because I wasn't sure if the Doctor would return to the Library so soon but the way you explained it made perfect sense. Of course the Doctor would return to the Library when it was vibrant and alive and also, strange as this may sound, empty. It felt extremely in-character. And then the way he acted about it, at the beginning so brittle but in the end so kinetic. That feels just right. And then the Rory/Amy dynamic was perfect. Seriously, I am having a bit of a difficult time doing more than just sheer enthusing with hand movements that you can't see through the monitor. EVERYONE felt so in-character! And because we as the readers know what happened, we don't need to follow the Doctor, we don't need to be told that story. Instead, following Rory and Amy and seeing how they interpret it and speculate allows for the readers to explore it more than if it was from the POV of the Doctor. It was funny in all the right places. Heartbreaking in all the right places. Insightful. Believable. Wonderful. Fantastic piece! Really quite excellent. :D -Muse
lauraxamelia chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
Aw that was sweet and thoughtful, well done :)

I liked the conversation between Rory and Amy, talking about who the Doctor is etc, and the library setting helped set the tone for those literary 've got a lovely atmosperic style, and overall the characters were really well-drawn

One niggle I did have, though, is that this charactistic style sort of went a bit awry in the last paragraphs. The scene between Rory and Amy read sort of like you'd made your HP/Doctor Who analogy fit in your head, and were now just writing to show it off. The analogy works brilliantly, but we don't need to be told that. Show the reader why Amy is like Hermionw and Rory is like Ron, instead of the rather stilted dialogue.

Please don't take this wrongly at all though, apart from that I think it's a brilliant story :)

xx
Elphie of Heartshaven chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
Cute! I love your thinking and comparisons! and I'm glas hermione goes for Ron too! ;)
Osprey Eamon chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
Nice little one shot. I like how you make use of the intertextuality while visiting the library, and the musing Rory and Amy do on the Doctor’s character.
Twist chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
I rarely visit the Doctor Who section of this website, but this makes me very glad I did! Perfectly wonderful, and I started grinning ridiculously stupidly at 'WIZZARD'. Favorited for sure!