Reviews for Pandora's Shadow: Never Ending Rain
Guest chapter 26 . 9/8/2014
It
Rising Bashir chapter 26 . 3/16/2013
Oh mah Gawd...

I could gush about everything that made this thing great. A thousand words about the characters alone, thousands for the plot, I could literally rattle off pages to express how great this was.

When I first read the start of this, I thought "Hm, well this could be interesting." and I stuck on with it. That hope turned to elation when I saw just how good your action scenes were, and fist bumps at the screen at the all around kick-arsery that you were writing.

Then you branched up and gave us looks from both sides, and even sublevels to the factions. No war is ever concrete This vs That, there's always more to see, other voices to hear. And you nailed it my friend. You nailed it on the head.

You refrained from biased one sided battles, and gave us a commander that respected life. A picture of humanity that wasn't a bloodthirsty horde, but a people bound by duty to their race.

But most importantly of all, you gave us Lieutenant Ellen Storch. My God, she is THE most compelling character I've ever read from a fanfiction. This entire review will not come even close in length to what I could say about her. She was relatable, fierce, strong, Human of the greatest type. The things she did, and the way she inspired those around her, that is truly great. I can't say any more without getting to the point of waxing poetic.

Tan, Treleaven, Senko and Heffelfinger, even the Na'vi; there is not a character in this story that does not feel like a real sentient being, that does not exist meaningfully. All were fleshed out and beautiful, and that is huge in a genre where men are often portrayed as numbers.

The battles were realistic, the outcomes important. The conclusion was satisfying to the extreme. I'm a nostalgic sucker, and this got me good. Tanja and Storch's relationship was lovely to read about, a relationship that felt more real than any fifty other fanfictions you'll probably come across.

My words here do not do justice to how much I enjoyed this story, to how well written it truly is. It helped me through shit days, and it made good days even better, so I hope that you can understand my appreciation for the read. It was a long path, true that, but at the end of the road, I can say without a doubt it was worth it.

I am curious about what I shall see from you next, and wish you a ton of luck on any original projects you have. My ears, eyes, and inbox are always open for more.
Lu Bane Na chapter 26 . 1/15/2013
Man, how the hell did I miss this chapter!? It was really emotional, and it almost had me at tears a couple of times. The future that so many died and bled for was really beautiful. Sure, it had its rough patches, but the overall creation was tearful, as well as Storch reporting to SFC Tan at the end. This was an excellent piece of work that is worthy of being published, Onhiro. You really outdid the first story.
IloveOrlando08 chapter 26 . 1/5/2013
Wow. So much happened in this epilogue, I don't really know where to start with my review.
Overall, it was wonderful. I'm very pleased that Storch survived, though after that last chapter you really did have me convinced that she died. Of course, we couldn't realistically get out of that without losing some character; it was sad to see Tan go, though.

I meant to say this in my review of the last chapter, but I love how you write Tanja's lines in keeping with her accent and occasional mis-use of the English language, it makes her a much more believable and endearing character.

I really noticed how much thought is put into each and every sentence, like here: "She had cried enough to last a lifetime, it seemed. Shutting the tap off after she rinsed the last dish, she dried her hands."
That was perfect.

Anyway, well done! And congrats on finishing the story! I loved the end, and the whole bit about the children born on Pandora being better adapted to the environment there was a cool addition.
IloveOrlando08 chapter 25 . 1/4/2013
So, I'm finally caught up with this story, and as usual since I was away for so long, I definitely needed to look back at some past chapters to get the gist of things again. But luckily I was only two chapters behind.

Anyway, everything's up to your usual standards, the details are impeccable. I mean, I can say that in general about the last two chapters but specific sentences really stood out, like "his world sharpening as his body dumped adrenaline into his blood stream." And the way the writing style changes with the situation, like during Storch's death scene.

Maybe I shouldn't be so quick to assume death is guaranteed, though? Or maybe I'm just being too hopeful... her injuries did seem to be too many for even their advanced medical treatments to help, especially in the middle of all-out war. I would like her to survive of course, but it was as fitting an end as possible for her.
Abbyland chapter 25 . 1/4/2013
Glad to see an update. I was beginning to lose hope that you would continue. Great chapter as always. Love the deadly duo and Storch is intriguing as always. Please continue. I hope you finish this marvelous tale.
Guest chapter 25 . 11/14/2012
Hoooooooooooohly shite.

Senko and Heff...Well, just wow; that's all I can muster up to describe those two. Love how you handled them in everything they're doing. Incredible.

Ah, the smart thing to do; blow the hell out of the place with rockets and then go and mop up what's left. Quick pacing, just right for this conclusion.

And best of all...The Na'vi had a minimal role. Sure, yeah, they are equally heroes here and the EEF probably couldn't have done it without them, but I started reading this story to see Humanity shining and kicking arse; I stayed because I got that and more. Stuff it Bluies.

Aww, dangit Lieutenant, why do you get yourself into these messes? You had better not die, I will not tolerate a Heroic sacrifice! I will say That I actually am a little disappointed by her rashness. The Anderson incident was one thing, but another lapse, when so much more is at stake, just isn't the best behavior for an Officer on whom so much depends. But hey, she shanked the bastard, and he got some new arseholes. She saved the day, and that's a good thing by any means.

Now I'm imagining this story is drawing to a close, and I'm loath to see it end. But I'm very eager to see how you handle this conclusion.

Great Work, most certainly worth a nine month wait.
Kelthemos of Nismon chapter 24 . 4/2/2012
Wowza, a lot's happened since I popped by last. Astounding work...

Oh, Rising Bashir asked me to tell you he apologizes for not reviewing for the longest time. He's just had issues and promises to post his review soon. I think my views will be accurately represented by his words.
Abbyland chapter 24 . 2/15/2012
I've read through all of your chapters and I am thoroughly enjoying this story. I do enjoy Storch although I wish there was more Harrison and Trudy. Trevelean was great, too bad he had to die. I cannot wait to read what happens to Randall, he's such a bastard. Anyway, great fic and I am looking forward to the coming chapters. Great work!
Aquarian Cowboy chapter 24 . 2/3/2012
Ride of the Valkyries, Scheißberg Hill, Panzergrüppe. I see you're on a German kick, here. There's a lot of scheißen-I mean schießen-later on in this chapter.

I'll be listening to Wagner while re-reading this chapter.
IloveOrlando08 chapter 23 . 1/31/2012
Wow, Randall really has fallen completely off the deep end. I can't really see him standing a chance, and I'm really glad you went in this direction (minus killing Treleaven) because it's a seamless way to end the hostility between humans and Na'vi without just having one side beat the crap out of the other. Obviously not everything here is going to end perfectly, but I like where this is going, definitely. I hope Jake and Ney'tiri end up alright!

Don't feel stressed to update so regularly with so much going on in your life. My condolences to you and your family.
IloveOrlando08 chapter 22 . 1/27/2012
Noooo!

I don't want Treleaven to be dead!

Well, as forewarned, these past couple chapters certainly have been depressing. I can't believe everything that's happened. I'm so glad help finally arrived for the outpost, but it really sucks that Treleaven had to go. And now I'm wondering about Tan because the end of last chapter made me think he was dead, but your author's note here suggests that he might live (I hope he does!).

Sorry this came a bit later than expected, but better late than never!
Lu Bane Na chapter 23 . 1/22/2012
Oh God, I'm so PUMPED! At first, I was afraid you were going to kill either Jake or Neytiri there, but thank God germans make crappy snipers. Atleast on Pandora, anyway. Luckily for the Na'vi and EEF, Treleaven didn't give them the launch codes for the nukes, so he aint gonna get them that way

Can't wait for the next update, Ohniro. I can't believe this story has reach over the hundred review mark yet. People here are insane.
Redwood Sky chapter 23 . 1/22/2012
Very good chapter, cant wait for the next one.
IloveOrlando08 chapter 20 . 1/18/2012
Well done!

I have to say, you did such an excellent job of creating suspense in this chapter, specifically with the "Avatars" approaching Storch and her letting them in.

And again, I'm torn between wanting Storch and company to prevail in this battle and wanting the Na'vi to win. It's hard because, unlike some authors that would take the easy route and write from only one point of view, you've weaved a tale that involves the thoughts and feelings of both sides of this war.

I'm interested to see what's happening next!