Reviews for Girl Behind the Curtain
Hey, I know I'm late to review due to me just recently stumbling across this fanfic and you will probably never see this since this fanfic has been finished for a while, but if you somehow read this, I want you to know that this is one of the best Scorose fan fictions I have ever read! I love how your version of Rose is different from other fanfics (because in most other ones, she is just as loud and as her Weasley cousins.) I also love Scorpius, but who wouldn't! He is just so sweet and charming! Oh, and by the way, I almost had a heart attack when Scorpius noticed the ring that Rose had on because I thought that she was engaged to someone else, and words cannot express how relieved I was when she wasn't. Anyway, I really enjoyed reading this and am glad that they eventually ended up together. P.S. Scorpius Malfoy has charisma! ;)
SharKohen chapter 24 . 5/12
Cute story, but what I found more admirable was the depth that you went into examining the everlooming question of every teen - what comes next? What do I want to do? It is true that it's it's never easy to work out. Out of most of Scrose tales out there, this is one of the most realistic that I've read (not that the other fantastic stuff is bad, but just...less believable).
habababa chapter 23 . 5/5
Great story! I read it all at once! Rose was amazing, she was her own person. So quiet but strong, could stand to her family. Scorpius was also great, so friendly and adorable. He had amazing plans and he did everything what he thought was the best. They fit together brilliantly! Thank you!
MashiroAzuki chapter 24 . 4/5
This is a really interesting piece. Rose Weasley is always described as loud and obnoxious just like her cousins, but you did a new take on her character and it was very refreshing. Scorpius isn't bad too (honestly I couldn't care less because I love Scorpius no matter what). The story was nice. Really different from the ones I read before. Thank you for the story. It was a nice one.
ScorpiusWeasel chapter 17 . 1/15
Ahhh I want to read more, but since it's almost ten o'clock here and school tomorrow, I have to go to bed. Only because of my mom tho. Loving this tho, hate the way Scorp is getting bullied just because of his last name.. ):
ScorpiusWeasel chapter 5 . 1/15
I want to go and hex those who choose the students into the Auror Academy, because it's so bloody unfair Scorpius didn't get in just because his grandfather was an asshole! Love this btw.
Jily Shipper Forever chapter 5 . 1/1
I think the story could use some more pizzazz, other than that it's totally awesome
Guest chapter 20 . 9/1/2016
Great I mean GREAT more kissing like undoing her bra clasp
or something like that
Guest chapter 7 . 8/31/2016
Snog her, snog her, snog her!
Amanda chapter 23 . 8/27/2016
Just revisited this fanfic after a few years and I was crying for at least 45% of this. Your characterisation of Rose is the most relatable and honest I've ever read. I loved the bittersweet tones and the heart wrenching, maturely written ending. Love your work, always excited to return for more.
Ensis96 chapter 24 . 8/25/2016
I know this story has been finished for a while, and I'm pretty certain I commented last time I read it- but upon rereading I just wanted to let you know that it's still loved.
This story is short (plot-wise) and more about school and life than Hogwarts and magic, but that just makes it wonderful. I love reading how you gave Rose her character-development and how their relationship started. The one request I would have is Scorpius finding out that the 'heart-broken' poem she wrote was not about her own ex, because I think that would just be a fun exchange.
I especially loved the epilogue; I especially liked that it came from Scorpius's POV, since it felt like it closed the story really well. I would not like your story as much as I do if it didn't have that closure, so wonderful call as an author.
Really truly enjoy it!
-E
ink7blot chapter 7 . 7/26/2016
You cannot understand how much I love this story.

At first, I was like, "Huh. Okieeeeee, this is different ... Let's just keep reading and see what happens." And now it's all "OH MY MERLIN WHAT IS THIS MAGIC THAT MAKES THIS PERSON SUCH A GOOD WRITER WHY HAS NOBODY EVER DONE THESE TWO CHARACTERS LIKE THIS BEFORE WHY ISN'T THERE MORE OF THIS IN THE WORLD WHAT IS WRONG WITH EVERYBODY ELSE THAT THEY AREN'T READING THIS AND LOVING THIS AS MUCH AS I AM".

Yeah. That's my thought process.
Guest chapter 24 . 7/26/2016
Thank you for creating this story, you are a womderful writer!
FlyAwayHero chapter 24 . 5/22/2016
As a well versed Scorose Fanfiction reader, I must say this Rose is one of my favorites I have ever read. She reminds me much of myself, being quiet and observant while hopelessly falling for people. our Scorpius is absolutely marvelous and a perfect match for Rose. I've been recently researching MBTI types and I think Rose may very well be an INTJ which can lead to the best sorts of character, while Scorpius seems to be an ENFP. These types are near perfect matches for each other, which is why I believe you portrayed each of them so well. You did a most excellent job staying true to their characters throughout the story, each move they made was the exact move one would expect from their character. This is by far my favorite story you've written (and I've read quite a few, which are all fabulous). Love it. Absolutely love it. I've read it like 5 times, no lie.
theletterzia chapter 23 . 5/11/2016
You know the thing about silent readers? They suck. Majorly. So I've decided to stop being one, and to leave a long-overdue review on one of the first fanfictions I've ever read.
I stumbled upon your story a few years ago, when my conception of romance was still very traditional. But Girl Behind The Curtain showed me that there were a lot of paths that a love story could choose to take, and for that, I say thank you. And it wasn't only about the romance, here, there was also the defining factor of Rose and her own story - something that a girl needs to know, even if she doesn't go through it the same way. So yes, your story is beautiful, and I'm glad I've finally said it, even if you have long ago left the site.
Love, Z.