Reviews for His Precious Friend's YoYo
oceanlover4evr chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
Absolutely chilling yet amazingly brilliant.

It's especially more touching to me since I just finished MOTHER3 two days ago.

Making LOID Dr.A and Jeff's father was just brilliant, even if the years and time don't really match up. I also like how you explained the vines in the tower, along with the comparisons drawn between the group and the chosen four. Adding comparisons between Ness and Claus was just the icing on the cake.
NoRatCat chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
Ah I have just started playing this game but I know the story. I have to say, this is one of the best Mother/Earthbound stories I have read. One shots really do work. Porky himself is a poem in himself. You don't know to hate him or like him. But if you think about it, he is tragic if you think about it. I mean really if it wasn't for his parents or Giygas, he might have turned out better. I personally love how you portrayed his inner monologues and thoughts. Really you can see he really is just a child in an adult body. I kind of find it funny as I just got the Friend's Yo Yo today. And then I found this fic.

What I also liked was your portrayal of the other characters. That and the references to past Earthbound games. I can see you believe in the theory of Dr. Andonuts being Loid. I guess it could work seeing as Mother 1 2 retconned the setting to the early 80's. I guess his old age could be from experiments or just working too hard. I suppose Ninten and Ana could be Ness's parents seeing as the new year could make it plausible for them to grow up and have a 13 year old child.

The ending kind of got to me. It was good, but I felt something. Overall a great job.

Also so Mother 3 is like on an alternate Earth or something?
KamirouBa chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
so I read because there's not much Porky-centric fics out there. And you have some interesting things here, like why the vines were on Porky's room. And the fact that his health got particularly bad during his last years. And his hesitation to depend on his mecha bed thing. The last thing, I personally wouldn't agree with, because I think Porky loves what technology can do for him. But it was interesting nonetheless. I do think your reasoning behind it was pretty valid. It reminded him of Giygas' end.

I loved his interactions with Claus, mostly because I can't get enough of them together, and there's no denying their conversations were.. interesting. It was a bit touching and eerie at the same time. And your idea of why he wears the helmet is something that's crossed my mind.

I gotta say, though, I'm not comfortable with Porky being so endeared with the damn yo-yo, but I suppose it's the point of the fic. Overall, an interesting and well-written read.