Reviews for Ranunculus Glacialis
Anon chapter 1 . 12/27/2013
A lovely flower. :)
nosmaeth chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
Ahh, this is so very perfect! I am in love with this, seriously. I can perfectly understand why it would be anyone's favorite flower. This little scene is so lovely and so true to the Professor's characters. And I really enjoy, when there is a symmetry in the story, when things have double meanings and all that there is, shapes a lovely buliding with detailed artwork in its every stone (every word, phrase, sentence.) I'm sorry if I don't make much sense. I just really loved this. It was inspirational and heartwarming and beautiful beyond words...
Talia119 chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
Simply Lovely.
Freyalyn chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
A lovely little filler, nicely in character for both of them. And, as you say, it explains things about them both.
EugeniaVictoria chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
this was a beautiful read. I loved how you conveyed Éowyn's feelings and aura of despair and sorrow, but also the hope she and Faramir found together.
ZeesMuse chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
I'm not familiar with the flower, therefore I'll have to look it up.

We just don't get ENOUGH Faramir and Eowyn...

Then again, maybe we have and I've just had my head under a rock for so long being enamored of Gamling...
Altariel chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
Lovely. Delicate and tender.
Scylla's revenge chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
this is so beautiful! This is one of my new favorite stories, about my favorite characters! Keep up the awesomeness! :)
Riel-mir chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
Hello I love your story it is so perfect for them especially Eowyn's. Wish they make a movie about their love and this is perfect for it. Thank you again.
Certh chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
Truly beautiful and touching!
Darkover chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
Dear Thanwen: This is a fine story. You have written Eowyn *very* well. IMHO, you have portrayed her exactly as Tolkien meant her to be-strong but vulnerable, stern but sad, ruthless when necessary, but capable of kindness and even tenderness, and of great courage. And above all, a warrior woman. This story is more than a "gap filler;" it allows us a glimpse into the hearts of Eowyn and Faramir as they are falling in love with each other. You have done a good job of keeping Faramir in-character, too. "The pity he felt for a falcon with a broken wing, and his heart had ached to comfort her." That was a very moving and poetic image. You are good at descriptive imagery, and I am all the more impressed because English is not your native language. I have very much enjoyed the first two of your LotR stories that I have read-I hope that you will write many more. Sincerely, Darkover
Nuingarien chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
This is one of the lovliest Lord of the Rings ffics I've read. This is a true gem of a Faramir and Eowyn story. I thank you.
summersidefolly chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
Lovely. Well written. Good job!
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
The romance between Faramir and Eowyn always seemed to quick to me to be believable, even if what she felt for Strider was a crush rather than true love. (But then, I always had trouble with Romeo forgetting about Rosaline and falling for Juliet so hard and fast.) This missing scene/botany lesson makes their relationship a little more plausible. I especially liked the description of Eowyn as "the falcon with a broken wing."
Nimloth9 chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
OH I liked it! Beautiful!