Reviews for Drake's Drum
Shiroi Ichigo-chan chapter 5 . 8/26/2014
I think this is one of my favorite story of yours. I am so glad at how you resolved all this. I'm glad Tony told Gibbs how he felt, no matter how sad it was (him remembering his mom made me really sad) and I'm glad Gibbs talked in return. I'm happy it was worked out and I felt so glad McGee said he'd go with Tony if he'd left, because, aaawwww. I got kinda mad at Abby for assuming stuff and being so convinced that Gibbs can't do anything wrong. But she at least apologised and realized her mistake.
Thanks again, for writing this wonderful fic. :D
VG LittleBear chapter 5 . 2/20/2014
Hi, excellent story! You certainly didn't pull any punches, good to see Tony get it all out.
I always enjoy reading about the entire team, but particularly Gibbs, and Tony is a good foil for him.
Thanks and cheers!
katesari chapter 5 . 5/8/2013
I cant go to bed without leaving a review on this story. Was trolling through my list of stories Id found, and not read, and saved, so I went looking through your list of stories looking for one, and found this one. It was just what I needed(been depriving myself of reading fanfiction because I was busy picking out a vacation spot)! The emotionally raw conversations between the men were good. First Tony/Tim and in the latter chapters Tony/Gibbs. The aboutface at the end came just in time I think. Because they talked about the things that needed talking about and after that it was up to Gibbs to make up his mind. And apparently Tony had some thinking to do as well. I really enjoyed reading this! Bye
Caper25 chapter 5 . 1/21/2013
Great story. I love how Tony and Gibbs worked things out and how much support Tim showed Tony.
Scat210 chapter 5 . 10/7/2012
Brilliant little story, loved it.
thecookiemomma chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
Love this. Love the working things out. Love the discussions. I've often felt there did need to be a little clearing of the air now and then between them, and this was good. All built up to one, but good for what it was. I will say, that between reading this and your most recent one, it's pretty easy to tell you are a Scouse (got to spend a week in Liverpool about ten or so years ago). Not that it affects the storyline, just my reading of it. I personally have to 'translate' a couple things here and there, but that's totally on me, probably. Anyway. Good stories. :D
Smooth Doggie chapter 5 . 4/13/2012
I've just found this lovely story, I'd really love for this to happen in NCIS as I've been getting the feeling of late that it's kick DiNozzo year. I nearly threw a shoe at the TV the other night, when Ziva was pontificating once more and looking at Tony like he was some form of ameoba that didn't deserve to be talking let alone breathing! They've really given Tony a kicking this last two seasons and as I said to another writer last week, I'll bet Tony wishes he'd left Ziva in Somalia instead of bringing her back. McGee isn't a whole heap better, but at least he's not so arrogant about it. I was very keen on the idea of Ziva and Tony together once upon a time and was chuffed to bits they'd brought in this kick ass ex-Mossad ninja chick, yet its all turned sour. I know none of it is real, before anyone says anything about my comments, but I've invested 9 years into this TV series and I expect it to continue with well written scripts for great actors and actresses. It seems to me that some days the writers could do with being replaced with a few of you guys from here!

Bravo Zulu Scousemuz1k, this is a really very well written piece and well thought out. Love the way you portray the characters and I'll be looking forward to reading more of your work. Thanks
Flamegirl22 chapter 5 . 4/12/2012
That was a very good story. I enjoyed it greatly. Thank ya for sharin' with us!

Lynn
Thephoenix1996 chapter 5 . 2/24/2012
i love this story and i read like 3 times or maybe even more

it's really good

:):):):)
Kitty Black Cat chapter 5 . 1/8/2012
This story was just so good! It was really well made. The angst was perfectly done. It was just the correct dosage of angst in my opinion. And off course I loved that it ended on a happy note. I like angst only when it comes with a resolution of some kind and preferably a happy ending. With this fic I was satisfied. You went in detail with what Tony had on his heart and I loved it! The way he told Gibbs about all the things that bothered him and told Mcgee that though at one point their attitude after Gibbs came back hurt him, he was over that now. I also absolutely loved that Mcgee said he couldn't be Gibbs' SFA and that he'd leave with Tony! That was just perfect! Anyway, I think this fic was just superb and perfectly made! Everything felt right and fell into place. I loved it! Amazing job!
Sirabella chapter 5 . 11/30/2011
So. Adorable. :) :)

I really wish they'd done something along these lines on the show. Maybe not the whole thing, because hey, only 42 minutes in an episode, but someone should have said something. Not really talking about anything, ever, is kind of their thing, and it seems to work most of the time. But it does piss me off sometimes when Tony forgives him for freakin' EVERYTHING. And yes, a 'good job, DiNozzo' should have been forthcoming after the car-in-the-river incident.

Great job getting them to talk it out without turning sappy! (Because Gibbs doesn't do sappy.)
Jody chapter 5 . 11/10/2011
One of the best Tony Gibbs stories I have ever read! Absolutely awesome. Thanks heaps for writing
bbfan chapter 5 . 11/1/2011
OMG! This is one of the best Tony/Gibbs friendship type stories ever! LOVED IT! You really nailed the characterization on all of them! Great writing!
USAFChief chapter 5 . 8/28/2011
Not unbelievable at all. The very first story I wrote (and have never published) has much the same almost immediate turn around. But in a different context and for a different reason. Perhaps I will polish it up and publish it one day. I think you did a superb job with this and I like it very much indeed.

Thanks for posting it.

pdf
USAFChief chapter 3 . 8/28/2011
Gibbs' voice was fine from my perspective. Maybe not enough cuss words, cause when he gets angry he cusses up a blue streak (at least in my head) - that's pretty much the way senior NCOs lash out at (train) their people. *smile* Glad those days are behind me, but they are forever engrained.

pdf