Reviews for Children of the HUD
The-Black-Knight673 chapter 1 . 1/20
Well done! I hope you plan to continue this!
Owlrose chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Oh that was so sad, I feel so bad for Spiff and Bly. They have dreams, but everyone is so caught up in the war that they failed to realize that while their soldiers are clones, they are still people and they should be treated as any other person would. Your writing was perfect, and you described the emotion very well. I thought that you did a great job with Windu, but I will admit that after I finished reading I really wanted to kick him in the shins. Is he really that uncaring about living people? I understand sacrifice, but there really is no honor in making people to fight a war and not even treating them like people. Grr...it makes me mad that he could be so callous. At least Yoda is always sensible and considerate about these things.

Rose
Takiki16 chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
Kudos for writing a great fic that raises some arguable points and interesting questions!

However, I find myself (like some other reviewers) disagreeing with the accusatory tone towards the Jedi. Personally, I think that the Jedi were in the same boat as the clones.

The Jedi council did not authorize the clone army- they were unaware of it's existence. When the Republic deployed the troops against the Separatists, what could the Jedi really have done? If they had refused to fight, many more clones would have been killed (hey, the Force comes in handy on the battlefield), plus they would have betrayed the Republic they themselves were bound to serve. They would never have cut themselves from the Republic, because the Separatists had a known Sith Lord at their head. The decision for the clone army was already made long before the Jedi Order at large could have done anything. THe Jedi had to choose what seemed to them the lesser of two evils.

Also, when the Jedi do wrong by the clones, they do no less wrong by themselves. They send children-padawans like Ahsoka- into battle just as they send the clones. The Jedi are killed just as their troops are (200 went to Geonosis, 20 came back). They train Jedi children practically from birth (much like the clones are trained) to sacrifice their own feelings, their own attachment, for the greater good.

I agree that the use of cloned troops for battle is wrong (in Star Wars language, of the Dark Side). But I think that the Jedi should not take all the blame for it. They were, after all, in the same boat.
CloneRush chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
i liked it. it was a good read that raised alot of valid points
sachariah chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Interesting and thought provoking piece.

Other reviewers have already said much the same, but I disagree with the Lurmen fellow (can't spell his name off the top off my head). While there are serious ethical considerations raised by a clone army, it is rather silly to place any blame on the Jedi for something that was all but forced on them. But beyond that, it has been made quite clear in TCW that the clone's humanity and individual worth is respected by the Jedi. The first TCW episode had Yoda giving individual words of encouragement to his troopers, urging the clones to see themselves as more than copies of the same man. In the same episode youget a glimpse of the Jedi's "leave no man behind" principle, which admittedly was not (and could not) be followed through in ever circumstance). And throughout TCW you see Jedi risking their lives to rescue their men. In "Liberty of Ryloth", when Windu's tank is disabled, the first thing he does is rush to the cockpit to rescue the injured driver, carrying him till a medic can get him. The clone's relationship with the Jedi is one of mutual respect, not master/slave. The Jedi after all, are little better off than the clones. They all were placed in their position by outside forces, without a choice of their own. Both Jedi and clone are governed by rules, the writing of which they have no say in. Neither Jedi nor clone can change their situation, without drastic and severe action (deserting or expulsion from the Order). Jedi and clone are bound by duty to sacrifice their lives for those in their care, including for each other. Not only that, both Jedi and clone will sacrifice their own colleagues, in order to complete a mission. Choice? True free choice is something neither Jedi nor clone enjoy.

So, no wonder that in TCW, the clones respect and admire the Jedi. They can relate to them closely. As Captain Rex says in Traviss's novel, "No Prisoners", the Jedi, like the clones, are in a situation they did not choose, and they make the most of it. Spiff may consider himself a slave to the Jedi, as did Slick, but in reality both groups are subservient to "the greater good", and both Jedi and clone suffer that burden.

Told you this was thought provoking. And while I believe his logic and his evidence (asking one clone his opinion hardly settles anything) he came across as a wise and thoughtful. I was a little disappointed in Yoda's performance. He has stood up for the clones before - this time he sounds kinda wimpy.

Good piece. While I disagree with the implied conclusion, it's a good take on the issue, and the setting was quite vivid.
111mavrick chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
i really like this story can you please write some more chapters i would love to read more
Redone chapter 1 . 5/13/2011
You raise interesting questions, however, I am not sure I agree with everything in this fic. Do you really imagine that the clones would be slaves for the mere fact that they are not PAID? Is money the measure of freedom then? What about countries with no professional army? Do you think, in the course of World War, when all able men of certain age were mobilised, these (unwilling, not by their own choice) soldiers were given any better treatment if they decided that they did not, in fact, want to fight?

As for pay, how much do you think a Jedi gets? And how much he/she can choose a mission? As for deaths, when 212 Jedi went to Geonosis and 178 of them died (according to Wookieepedia), what does it say of percentages? With billions of clones produced, how many were still alive after the end of Clone Wars, and how many of the 10 000 or so Jedi were alive? To be fair, I think the death rates, ultimately, are roughly the same.

No, I don't think the Jedi can be seriously accused of using-abusing the clones. Palpatine can, though. And so can the Kaminoans, possibly - for them it was a business project.
LongLiveTheClones chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
Awesome story. Chilling. And, so utterly perfect! Just love the ending!
laloga chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
I liked how you brought up a lot of the gray areas that the Jedi are being forced into during the wars; the discussion between the clones and the Jedi was well done. Thanks for sharing!
Last Traveler chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
wow. this was a good look into the clone wars one that is rarly seen
Double rainbow chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
Omg I loved it! It was amazingly awesome! I would love to have more If thats cool!
Kat chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
nice insightful story, more please? :)
AL0LT0 chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
you my friend just summed up in the most amazing way exactly how i feel about the way the clones are treated. tack a bow. you have TALENT.