Reviews for Memoria Tenere
StoryWeaver56 chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
Wow. You definitely have a very poetic way of writing. It’s beautiful. This piece showed your immense understanding of the episode, I must say. I almost got the impression that this was almost like B’Elanna’s personal log, but the most poetic of her personal logs I’ve ever heard! Like she was spilling her heart out. It was great. I love how you let us look into the characters' souls, especially B’Elanna’s. She’s formed such a tough outer shell for herself, we don’t get to see into her that much. I like how you described what everyone thought of her, too—my favorite: “The Doctor’s threatened me with tranquilizers.” Nice way of putting it-I can totally see him doing that!

This had a melancholy feel to it, but in a beautiful way. It would be tough to be in Starfleet (or with the Maquis) and coming across all these emotionally and physically challenging situations. Especially this one. In this case, I would have to agree with the others: B’Elanna, try your best to forget it because it WILL plague you for the rest of your life. That’s just the way of things. This piece showed her compassion.

In short: Nice job! :)
QuasiOuster chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
This is really a lovely perspective. It is completely in line with who B'Elanna is as a character and her sense of justice and vindication. What I appreciate is that you show this unseen part of B'Elanna's life but it comes together with the on-screen persona. You laid it out really nicely too with the repetition of the lines and a moderate pace that had the tension that this situation harkens to but also lingered where its needed to. And the way you show B'Elanna questioning her situation, it also encourages the reader to question as well based on their own sense of morality.

I love your commitment to showing these sides of B'Elanna. There's not enough of that around, especially done so thoughtfully.