Reviews for Transit the Sun
WingsOfFate chapter 3 . 12/13/2011

I love this story! Yes, YES, I should have know it was a vengence demon at work- it makes so much sense oh and the characterisation is so well done! *Goes back to incoherent squeeing and happy!flails*
Gyreflight chapter 3 . 10/26/2011
I'm really enjoying this. The present tense works beautifully, both as a way into Buffy’s thought processes, and as a way to use that to give the reader a stranger’s-eye view of the world (which also fits neatly with the ‘no explanation’ setup). The opportunity for that outsider’s perspective is one of the things that makes crossovers in general so appealing (at least for me) and you’ve used its focus very effectively here.

The world-context of the conflict-swept continent where one more displaced person can disappear amongst the anonymous trails of refugees rings true, and adds an edge of reality to Buffy’s drifting progress and careful, determined, solitary survival.

I do like this Buffy. She’s been dropped, friendless and ignorant into a total and inescapable mess of a situation, but you give her the opportunity to show the common-sense side of her survival skills among the refugees before she ever gets the chance of show off her slayer-skills.

Not being emotionally invested in the fight with Azula gives her an interesting perspective on her adversaries, and makes it clear that this is veteran Buffy we’re watching. She knows she’s out of her depth, knows she doesn’t know what’s going on – and has learned enough not to leap in without a reason or a reasonable assumption when faced with someone else’s battle.

Oh and I really did like the phrase “the lights are on and somebody's moving around inside but they aren't completely human” – it made me grin.

Similarly, the first impressions of Zuko and Iroh made me smile, especially the couple of Iroh observations: “the way he moves that tells her that he was probably something special in his younger days and that he could undoubtedly wipe the floor with anyone else in the room” and “He's mostly been quiet the last few minutes, though he has the air of one ready to spring into the fire and drag his nephew out by the scruff of his neck”. Heh.

And oh dear… Now we know why.

I look forward to seeing where you take this.

P.S. I don’t know if you’re a writer who would be bothered by minute imperfections, but by way of ignorable nit-pickery, I did notice the oddity of the chapter 1 phrase “Neither group has yet to notice Buffy”.
ankellysaurus chapter 3 . 10/23/2011
That was so cool! I was trying to figure out where that was going the whole chapter and then at the end I just got it and it was such a surprise! I like that there is an actual reason for Buffy being there instead of it just happening. That was great.
killing u with umbrellas chapter 3 . 10/22/2011
vengeance demon! lol. love it.
FatesShadow83 chapter 3 . 10/22/2011
Great chapter!

Little confused about what happened at the end, but looking forward to seeing where you take this!
DemonKittyAngel chapter 3 . 10/22/2011
Huh? So who was it that sent Buffy there exactly? And aren't they gonna meet soon?
frznlights chapter 3 . 10/22/2011
sweet! Glad to see an update. Thanks for the update :)
MarbleGlove chapter 3 . 10/22/2011
Hah! Awesome. Poor Aang doesn't know enough about the spirits to spot a vengeance demon when he sees one. This is a fabulous explanation for how Buffy came to this universe.
Shiruy chapter 2 . 10/9/2011
Nyeeeh, this is hilarious and so much fun to read! I hope you'll keep writing this!
DemonKittyAngel chapter 2 . 7/28/2011
I'm liking this. It's real interesting to see full fleshed, original stories in areas that don't even have a lot written in. I like Buffy. And so far all the characters seem spot on and I can't wait for her to meet the Gaang (oh she so will). I also hope she takes Zuko's side 'cause we all know sooner or later he's gonna be in an argument and blow his top. Go Zuko!

So I'm assuming that this is where she ended up after beating Glory and jumping into the mystic dimension, portal.. thing. *frowns then waves it off* Whatever.
TrisakAminawn chapter 2 . 7/24/2011
Heheh. She must have her hair covered, so all Iroh saw was 'incredibly pale to have blue eyes,' with a side of 'really funny-looking.' (I still think the Kyoshi Warriors should have mistaken her for some kind of...beach spirit, with that yellow hair and weird skin and those eyes, coupled with coming out of nowhere with that kind of power and shaking off /lightning/.) And then she summoned Appa. Heh.

I like how she saw through Iroh. Also, Zuko is going to hit the roof when he finds out she beat Azula. I approve of the time skip. Yes, much irony is at work. I liked Zuko's screeching. When, exactly, did Buffy turn into a tea connoisseur?
wrathraven chapter 2 . 7/22/2011
Ok. Please continue this story. I have not read many Avatar crosssovers that I have liked. This may be the best. Pleasure to read.
staidwaters chapter 2 . 7/2/2011
okay, this is hilarious, and bizarre, and I totally love it. I hope it'll be continued.
Twilight Antediluvian chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
It's pretty fun how you take things that *do* *not* *match/mix/blend* and throw them together for kicks. It works, too, somehow. Even though I've only seen a few episodes of the first-ever Buffy series. It works.
Clockwork's Apprentice chapter 2 . 6/4/2011
I love this story. I think this is a great story.

Great plot line, and everything too.

PLease continue.