Reviews for Troika
excessivelyperky chapter 19 . 11/8/2014
Wonderful ending, except for the going into labor bits, as that can make any party a downer (at least to the laboree, who has to work hard while everyone *else* gets the champagne, bah humbug).

Yes, it's an awkward family, but it is definitely a beautiful one.
excessivelyperky chapter 18 . 9/27/2014
Well, life is complicated with three adults and two small children involved in magical relationships, and never mind the memory damage *and* the sore throat/spots.

Sometimes only ice cream helps, snicker.
excessivelyperky chapter 17 . 4/26/2014
Oh, how complicated things are, even with six dragons to help out. Of course, a bad case of sickness never helps (hurrah for house elves who do laundry, yes!).

And all three of them are desperately worried about what the other two will think of them. Bryce is too sick to do more than to let the men help him, and Princess Nora-well, she's picking up how everyone is upset somehow, babies always do.

But the Star tells Kingsley there is hope, and so there is, for everyone.
kurotenshi-08 chapter 19 . 3/3/2014
Great story!
excessivelyperky chapter 16 . 10/16/2013
Well, all three of them are limping towards some kind of family, and they are making progress...

And I love Bryce.

Plus, all fifteen month old children eat like trolls. (most of them grow out of it, except maybe Ronald Weasley).

It's a start.
excessivelyperky chapter 15 . 9/27/2013
Yes, they need a bigger bed. Flitwick, as ever, has put his finger on it.

And I'm so glad all three ended up in a group hug. They all badly needed it.
excessivelyperky chapter 14 . 9/18/2013
All three of them are worried they're going to be cut out (and a little boy who just wants to be loved thinks so, too).

Well, *Nora* thinks she belongs, at least when she's not screaming the house down...

Even the Malfoys couldn't be this dysfunctional, though God only knows they'd try for it if they thought there was a competition.

But perhaps Alastor feels a bit better now after a self-administered dose of whopping amounts of sugar. I hope. (Bryce certainly does, you can tell).

Impotent, important...yes, there's a difference, although with a Minister of Magic it's occasionally difficult to see one.

Lovely chapter!
excessivelyperky chapter 13 . 8/10/2013
Dealing with Alastor Moody appears to require a great deal of love, oodles of sensitivity, and a ball-peen hammer, repeat as needed. Fortunately, Kingsley has all that (which will make running the Ministry easy-peasy in comparison).

Glad to see him home. Let's hope he *considers* it home.
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 7/29/2013
NO, I have a life debt to repay and I hope you experience the hell you put me through. I'm alive but I've lost everything that ever meant anything to me!"

-Well, Snape never had it. So there. At least Alastor *has* been loved, and will be loved again.

And at least Moody acknowledges that there is a life debt there-in canon, the only life debts are those which are owed to Gryffindors, especially Harry Potter.

I do hope Minerva remembers that she drove the Slytherin students out of the castle (Sluggy isn't about to do anything for them, he wants to keep his job and he's always known which way the wind blew, or why Snape never had any protection).

But I can see why Alastor is a tad upset. Too bad he thinks that Kingsley and Minerva can't be married to him, too...
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 7/8/2013
She meant well, and for some reason, her pink hair was growing on him. Though he was thinking that it was about to turn to an exotic shade of fuchsia or plum.

-Give her a half hour and a spray can. Serious, if I were Dora, I wouldn't have had any trouble with childbirth, either, I'd just turn into Molly Weasley...

I love how Alastor carefully picks out all the really magical items in that store, though, and sad that he doesn't quite understand the cards just yet.

And it's nice that Filius is beginning to wonder what's up with Snape. Let's face it, with as many students as the Headmaster has protected from the Carrows, and sending Ginny and Neville off on a picnic with Hagrid, Snape did everything but put an ad in the Prophet.

Poor Alastor-he is the poster boy for PTSD, isn't he?
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 6/25/2013
The reading was spot on; and now we have several people who really have no clue.

But the Three of Swords is reversed, which means that the part where hearts are breaking should be in the past.

However, Alastor doesn't see it that way. So here we have Minerva, holding the baby, and praying that Snape doesn't shop her to the Carrows, Kingsley, still thinking himself second best, and Alastor, who doesn't think he ought to be in the picture at all.

Oy, what a mess!
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 5/15/2013
Unlike the others, he didn't view Alastor Moody as a few straws short of a Nimbus.

-I love that phrase! Especially since Moody is definitely a hipflask short of a cocktail.

I also love all this backstory from Kingsley, especially the trauma after Moody's been in that chest all that time.

And naturally, I enjoyed the Cueing Up of Evil Music from Snape's appearance at the chapter's end.
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 4/24/2013
Hums the Paul Simon song "...and you can call meeee Al..." A bit surprised that 'Colin' didn't bring along a fistful of potions to heal Alastor up a bit more quickly, but I'm sure there's a reason that he will show up at a future appointed time.

I feel for those doctors, I really do (although they have lots more portable equipment than they used to, no doubt Al has shorted it all out by now).
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 3/25/2013
"I don't believe that Al went abseiling, Smitty." The woman was definitely Scottish as there was a snap in her tone.

-Ah well, he knows he's in good hands now.

Either somebody doesn't like Al, or his guardian angel deserves a raise," decided Anna.

And so that's how Minerva managed it-the Time Turner Waltz. I was confused, but I'm better now. It would seem that Snape is a bit quicker on the uptake than Albus, at which nobody should be surprised. It's hard to see what's actually going on when the Greater Good blinds one.

Very good interplay between Al and the poor, innocent doctors who have no idea who they are supposed to be. However, they are coping well.
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 3/12/2013
Another brilliant chapter. I understand what it's like for a first baby to be a week or so late (snip story about the tornado warning, the closet, and the cat, and the false alarm a few hours later). Still think the broomstick chase was Stupidest...Plan...Ever, but it looked good for the movie, didn't it?

I love how close Minerva and Kingsley are.

"It was the best Severus Snape could do, and he hoped one day Minerva would appreciate that he had done all he could.

-That would be nice. One hopes it will be while he's still alive, even though canon says not.