Reviews for Your Sword and Shield
RG chapter 3 . 6/5
I'm glad that you recognize the fact that you're a terrible writer.
wolf chapter 3 . 5/6/2014
you have to continue this story please its too interesting to not be continued.
whrr.trudy chapter 3 . 1/6/2014
aww it ended! really had a fun read though :)
wolfey141 chapter 3 . 8/14/2013
you should put down in the summary that this was abandoned then
Naosj chapter 3 . 7/11/2013
Your story is still the best Halo/Dragon Age crossover on the entire site. Of course that's the best out of six stories, but still. For all the words the others have, your prose is the most descriptive, accurate, and in character.
I see a short way and a long way this story could end. Magic is the short way because you can magically move the plot along. The long way would entail Master Chief taking over a large section of commerce or gaining political power to organize an industrial movement and repairing the Forward Unto Dawn with Cortana's help.
And of course Dragon Age progresses how you want it to, as it does in the game itself.
Insaneblain chapter 3 . 3/14/2013
I have to laugh, I really do, this is your unfinished chapter? This is more readable and enjoyable than most supposed complete chapters I read. I love how you portray the Chief, how he's not spilling the beans on his origins and is stoic and strong and fast as he is in canon. Though I disagree with your opinion on DA 2, it was passable not great, though a bigger angst fest I have never seen. Please update again and hopeful other writers will learn a thing or two about writing the Chief.
Sincerely yours,
Insaneblain
PS. Instant Fav and follow.
General Slime chapter 3 . 12/24/2012
I don't see what you're talking about, I for one really enjoyed this chapter. Everyone else who writes a Halo story eventually makes him extremely sociable and it's annoying since he isn't like that. I can't wait for the next and more interactions with the Wardens group.
The Knowing chapter 3 . 11/16/2012
Damnit, man! Don't quit now, it was just getting good! (You can read this to the voice of Sean Connery, if you like)
MEleeSmasher chapter 3 . 10/20/2012
Please update this! Halo 4 is coming out, please renew your faith!
Brother Sergeant Aeron chapter 3 . 8/27/2012
Hope you update this, I thought the chapter was good, I really don't want another good story abandonded, i'm starting to lose hope in FF.
Guest chapter 3 . 7/28/2012
Wait what just do what I do pretend that abomination never existed! Also terrible not quite though by the end you did seem to be struggling. Also I pretend the end of ME3 never happened. Anyways continue you are quite good. Um I have a account by the way I am just to lazy to open it.
Zangetsu Ossan chapter 3 . 6/30/2012
More please :)
Freedom Guard chapter 3 . 6/27/2012
Okay, first off, about time an update came in.

Second, this story is doing well on it's own thus far, though I have to point out that you might need to remember that Spartans have certain issues about being out of their Armor. You need to also go into what John thinks so far of his companions and what he feels he should do.

Also I would recommend that if you are dead set on having John not wear his armor, make sure to get him a tactical equivalent such as chainmail or light plate armor. Take a gander at the armor types in DA and choose wisely.

Third, the whole silent and stoic personality aside, interaction with the others is required since John DOES have to know of this world in general. And doing things like he is right now is not getting him any closer to the answers he needs. He is a soldier in unknown territory so learning about the lay of the land and the people is a priority. And this will also help ease tensions in the group, a very vital part of a group's cohesion since acting the way they are now is not going to help matters.

Any soldier in the situation John is in needs intel on the major players, the situation,, everything so I serious recommend you take that in consideration. Also I recommend a review of John's canonically confirmed personality since keeping him the strong and silent type is not always required.
Knives91 chapter 3 . 6/22/2012
Uh, boss. This chapter ain't bad at all. A little short, but it had some interesting conflict and the characters will pretty well done.

But hey, its your choice to do what you want with this story. Either way, good luck!
smart grid chapter 3 . 6/22/2012
It was a good chapter, in my opinion. A good draft.

It's a shame to hear you won't be continuing, your writing is pretty good. I enjoyed reading it quite a bit, and I hope you'll pick it up again at some point in the future. As for Dragon Age 2... none of that really has anything to do with Fereldon, does it? Besides, as an author, you have artistic license; ignore DA2 and focus on DA1 is my advice.