Reviews for To Kneel
Linda-Nairika chapter 9 . 1/23/2006
This is one of the most interesting stories I have had a pleasure of reading by now. And I would really like to find out how the situatuin would develop. Do you plan to update one day? It would be wonderful...
A.C.L.T chapter 1 . 11/22/2005
An interesting way to begin a story, yet very, very intriguing. So, there was supposed to be some of the story that actually occurs after this chronologically? Because currently it is serving as both the prolougue and the fuctional ending. Well, anyway, I love this story, and it is quite definitely one of the best old Harry Potter stories I've read. You probably wouldn't believe how often I've recommended this story to bored friends or reffered to it during conversations.
Athena Keating-Thomas chapter 9 . 3/31/2005
I'm greatly enjoying your story; I love the detail you put into such things as traditions behind the dueling and the like. Keep up the great work; you're a talented writer, and I'd love to see more of this story soon.
Iorhael-nin chapter 1 . 6/11/2004
I was quite interested when my friend and fellow fanfic author told me about this story. I read the prologue, as you can see, and I am amazed. This is one of the very best Harry Potter fanfics I have ever read. I will be back later for the rest of the chapters, until then, I'd like to say that this is the most unique pairing I have ever seen in a fic before. The non-slash is very comforting (I have been looking for a friendship fic instead of slash for a very long time) and this pairing is uncommon. Excellent work.
Lady Rumbottom chapter 1 . 6/10/2004
RAWR!

As a true Remus John Lupin fangirl, i would like to thank you for your fic.

YAY! THANK YOU SO MUCH! Ok, so I only read chapter one, but it's SO GREAT! I can only hope other chapters summit up to it.

THANK YOU FOR NOT MAKING THIS SLASHY, OOC-NESS, OR SOME OC WHO'S A VAMPIRE THAT FALLS IN LOVE WITH REMUS! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I am overwhelmed in gratitude,

-Lady Rumbottom-
Alyxzia chapter 9 . 1/2/2004
Brilliant story so far. I hope you upade it really soon.
It is beautufully written and you portray the individual characters so well.
Celeste chapter 9 . 11/21/2003
I simply adore this story. Everything is perfect, in the technical sense, and in the creative sense. It flows beautifully, and I fully envy your brilliance. It's one of those diamonds in the rough you hope to come across in fanfiction. I hope you continue with it, because it is certainly worth finishing.
Lucathia Rykatu chapter 9 . 8/16/2003
Love this chapter...and every other chapter as well. I really really liked the dinner conversation when the Longbottoms found out that Severus was paired up w/ Remus. And then Severus received a gift from Remus! How thoughtful of Remus...anyway, great chapter, great story! Very sweet, near the end of this chapter. Hope you update soon! :)
Rachel chapter 9 . 8/8/2003
Wow - thanks so much for this wonderful story - you write both Lupin and Snape so well, and they are my favorite characters. It's delightful to see them drawn out with depth and complexity, and I really appreciate the effort you are putting into setting the scene and allowing the friendship to progress slowly. I am really looking forward to the coming chapters! You are really very talented. And I must say I was very surprised to see the Snape/Alice Longbottom attraction - perhaps this explains a little of his later despicable behavior toward Neville?

There were a few small grammatical things I noticed - I think in Remus' Christmas letter to Snape the word 'liken' would work better than 'akin,' and in Frank's early teasing of his sister, 'Thou hast no faith' seems to flow more smoothly than 'Thoust have no faith.' Thanks again for your great work!
FowlArtemis chapter 9 . 8/6/2003
Snape is falling in love... how... sweet...

I'm glad you finally updated! It's been so long!

Add more excitement, come on! I want their harder sides!
auroraziazan chapter 9 . 8/5/2003
No, the first Author Alert apparently didn't come through. And I haven't killed myself over any of your stories yet (as should be obvious). I might be a little shorter than usual, because I just finished my second day of band camp and it hurts to lift my arms. And I'm in the middle of editting Milikan. But anyway...

Sheesh. Sevie and Allison sound rather like twins. Or at the very least, cousins who've been around each other to long. I rather like Frank Longbottom teasing and harping on Severus, rather than being an older Neville. He doesn't usually get enough of a distinctive character.

Actually, I like what you've done with Alice too. You are very good at giving fitting characters to those we only know as names. (I think Wronski is Polish) And I know what you meant by the title. It's wonderful to think of Snape blushing at compliments from girls. "To their credit, the Longbottoms tried to look unruffled. They honestly, really did. But it was no use. Severus could see the relief - nearly pride - on their faces. And then he scowled. Honestly. It was downright insulting, that's what." That's a wonderful quote, really goes far in defining this relationship that he has with the whole Longbottom family.

It's wonderful to listen to a hormonal Snape, beginning to notice girls in *that* way. And fighting it for all he's worth.

Skipping a while (though I do like the openner of talking about Remie and Sirius) the fire crackles, rather than cackles. You did some great things here. You've got some potent emotion, and it is expressed as well as can be by teenage boys. Thanks infinitely for updating. TTYS!
Aliera chapter 9 . 8/5/2003
I read this chapter the first time you gave notice of it, and you know how much i'm enjoying this universe of yours.

Now. I love Severus, and I found it quite interesting his fancy on Alice (future) Longbottom. That whould be a nice reason for his picking on Neville.

Hum...

I wonder how that didn't occur to me?

Even in an alternate reality, Remus side of the story, was nice too.

Hugs

Aliera
Demeter1 chapter 9 . 8/5/2003
It's not supposed to be sad. It's not supposed to be sad. *repeats mantra* But unfortunately, I still cry at the drop of a hat at the most neutral words in this story. Like how he's not *really* part of the family and she *AGREES*. -_-

I'd like to rip some new ones, but that gift from Remus Lupin just *melted* me. Bwa ha ha ha ha. *beams*
Viridian Magpie chapter 9 . 8/3/2003
LOL, I love the "scrooge" part (in chapter 8, I think it was). It's hillarious.

Anyway, Sevvie having a crush? On someone he can't have? The poor guy.

In the attic? In December? Okay. Now, I'm really glad I don't have any brothers. Quite irresponsible behaviour, that is. Have to agree with Arabella. ("why you boys would ever want to stay in those wretched sort of places instead of a warm regular bed…")

Alright, I like fresh air and rather low temperature in my bedroom but below freezing point?

Urgh, and now I'm ranting again. I always get off topic.

okay, er, back to 'to kneel'. can't wait for the next Remus - Severus interaction. I adore these.

Been following the fic for a while now and I absolutely must say that it's one of the best fics that feature these two characters. (At the moment I can't even think about another one that pulls it off so well.)

Great update!

VM
Moonrose1 chapter 7 . 6/22/2003
Ok, wait, did I miss something here? Not about chapter 7, but about chapter 8. I can't review twice. It just seems like I never read that chapter even though I reviewed it. I don't remember the beating at all. Is that I'm completely stupid? I mean, I reviewed, obviously, but I was re-reading it and it felt like I had never read it before.

Hmm...

Anyway, I'm going to give you a review on Chap 8 now that my mind is saying that I never read it. I really liked it. It was much more... I don't know what the word is, but it struck home more than the other chapters did. The beating was a spectacular, if painful, scene. I swear, I'm going to rip out Malfoy's eyes. I liked how we got a bit of a taste about how Remus's parents died. Will we find out completely by the end of this fic? I have a feeling Remus is going to get that book for Sev, and that would be really sweet. I love how Sev is beginning to reluctantly respect Remus. Really, you have to finish this fic. I want more updates! Come on, work your booty off! I love this story. Although I must admit, I groaned when I saw you had revised the prologue. Not because it was bad, but because I had already printed out part of the story, and now I have to reprint that part.

Alas... keep up the fabulous work, and I want more soon! Update!