Reviews for Lean On
xxkimberlysalvatorexx chapter 1 . 4/10/2011
i just watched this ep and i like emily and austin
anneryn7 chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
Love this!
Maryam25 chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
AusEm are total AusEmness! I've always secretly wished that the writers would develop their relationship into something more on the show. I love that they're friends, but...they could always be more! And as always, your writing is fantastic and I look forward to reading more of your AusEm stories in the future :)
Life's Crash Test Dummy chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
I know I was distracted by the Grey's hype (that so didn't live up, btw) while you were venting, but bottom line:

Write what you want. Don't let other people get to you especially over something as petty as pairings. If they don't like it, no one is forcing them to read it. Reviews are meant for praise and criticism about the writing, not pointless 'You didn't write about this pairing, but I like them better so I think you should.' There are a whole lot of people who love what you do and want you to keep doing it so you should for them and for yourself.

In the battle of cliches: oblivious can't-see-what's-in-front-of-them friends vs. damsel in distress/white knight, Underdog/Topdog vs. Princess/Bad Boy, in my opinion, at least, the former takes it. Team AusEm all the way. I think 'Anonymous' put it best in her review detailing the reasoning behind AusEm trumping KayAus. I'm in full agreement.

Now, I love how your writing is so simple and concise and you know how to stop whereas I am wordy and lengthy and try to do too much at once. I thought you handled the Austin/Max moment really well despite not really knowing much about Max's character yet and you're the Queen of EmAus. Their friendship shoulder-leaning-on moment was so sweet and if the writers don't mess with it and rush into it then the progression of their relationship could be really awesome (pun intended).

I really liked it. Superb.
Annie chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
-_- I'm sorry but I have great love for kaylie and austin so even If there not together in the end you should put them together now :)
Mind Static chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
I just read what LCTD wrote for you. You two just can't seem to get away from each other, huh? lol Anyways, also Happy Belated Birthday!

Btw, I was totally Damon/Emily, but I think you might have just converted me to AusEm.

Team Awesome FTW!
anonymous chapter 1 . 3/30/2011

FINALLY! Someone who realizes that EMILY AND AUSTIN SHOULD BE TOGETHER!

Sorry, I had to let that out. I just felt like everyone wanted Austin and Kaylie together, and I felt throughout that the vibes between Emily and Austin were waaay stronger! Their similar backgrounds, the fact that he is taking it slow with her, I think that means SOMETHING. At least, it sure DOESN'T mean nothing, right?

Sorry, I'm a bit overenthusiastic with caps sometimes. I loved this story though, seriously. I do think that maybe Austin felt attached to Kaylie because of her vulnerability and because she was facing the same issue as his sister had faced, and he felt responsible to help this time. But Emily and he are friends. And you knoooow there's no such thing as just friends with circumstances like that. : )

Seriously, though, lovin the story. If I could, I would command you to write dozens and dozens more of Austin and Emily together-ness. Because while Damon is away, Emily should have a shot to play! Plus, Austin has a more balanced understanding of Emily's situation than Damon, because he is present and he is seeing her through all of her current troubles, whereas Damon is in LA or somewhere living his own dream.

Hehehe, such a fangirl, and proud of it. I can't help it. :)
Wolf9lucky chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
Very cute! I think they would make a Kick butt couple! Nice job!
brinda chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
Aww Max and Payson33

saw the episode...was a little disappointed! i liked the AusEm(its sticking!) moments, but everybody was a little harsh with the stealing meds thing.

I dissolved into a puddle of aww's when Austin suggested they wear leg warmers to help Emily. how freaking adorable.

They kinda traded in Nicky for Max this season , but heyy he's hot. No complaining the face time with that fine specimen of a man ;)

Maybe you'll and LCTD will incorporate him into your fic world? I just had a mental picture of him meeting Faith haha :)

lastly, that dirty dancing kelly vs. lauren? damn. that was downright so ridiculous it was hilarious.
MIOBIfan chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
AMAZING story! can you please update/make a sequel? Maybe bring in some Damon angst... I'm a sucker for angst ;-)

But Emily and Austen have a really interesting dynamic, and I really like the way you're exploring it!
aedy chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
Oh I didn't like that vampire-nightmare neither and honestly, sometimes I just kind of skip through Kaley's parts because I found her boring and just watch the Emily, Austin, Emily/Austin scenes. Every time I see those two together, I want to scream something like "Get together already" and I just loved that they fought but then made up with that hug. They are, in my opinion, the best thing of the show. And, just as always, I loved your story. And I think AusEm is a great name for this amazing ship )
loveinstantstar chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
No, you are right. I love emily/austin. spoilers for show: emily has the baby and austin finds them and she makes a comeback at nationals with austin and said baby, what do you think?
john white chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
brillent keep going your a grea writer make it it long
Romance Novel chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
I love this. #TeamAwesomeFTW

You definitely weren't just paying more attention to their scenes. They had so many moments in this episode it wasn't even funny. Over the break I dived into Emily/Damon scenes and them in LLD, started to love them, and told myself I would finally appreciate their scenes. But the second Austin/Emily got scenes, all that went out the window. Consider me an AusEm fan. You're my fangirl mentor for them since you've been shipping them since the beginning pretty much ;)

But anyways, this fic was so simple yet good. I love your take on the Austin/Max bromance and how Max could tell that Emily was off limits. Imagine Austin/Emily double dating with Payson/Max? It'd be epic.

I really love that Austin was oblivious to all of this until Max brought it up. Now he's all overreacting to every little thing between them. So cute.

"We're good together, aren't we?" Heart fluttered. Not gonna lie.

The best part is that he's taking his time with Emily and not trying to rush into it. He could have been his typical self and made a move, but he didn't.

More please! And thanks so much for your review on my Payson/Max fic. YOU calling MY writing beautiful was just...wow. Thanks :D I'll give you a more detailed reply to that later.