Reviews for A Voice in the Darkness
Rose chapter 1 . 3/14
I was a fanfic addict.. Espicially those of Edward and Bella. It doesn't matter how Edward is portrayed I love him want him to have his HEA with his Bella.. It was a nice escape from reality for me till reality hit

It took me a while to realize I was in an abusive relationship for because I assume most of his behavior was normal. We were in love, he shower me with gifts, apologize and seems remorseful when he grip my hand so tightly enough to bruise. He has to know about my whereabouts always, monitor my phone calls and literally hate my friends. I thought he wanted the best for me and loved me so much.

There were some times I woke up in the middle of the night to him having sex with me (I still don't know if I should call it rape because I was his gf and our relationship was sexual) It wasnt until the beating started that I start questioning and analyzing our relationship and how much I can could take because I loved him. I felt to traped and helpless. His apologies and gifts wasn't cutting it anymore because I just wanted out.

My heart races and skip whenever Im with him, I became something I'm not... Weak! I'm glad I finally got out even though it was messing by almost leaving him blind with cayenne pepper.. That was when he realized I was truly done and left me alone.

The point of sharing my story is that I wish his behaviors wasn't so normalized and glamorized in this fandom. I was young, naive, he was my first bf and he was my Edward in most fiction.

Looking back, while enjoyed the fantasies and all the HEA in fictional stories I wish there was a dose of reality too.

Thank you for this thought provoking piece of Ark... I love your raw honestly.
Thank you for sharing a story that needed to be told, I'm so shooken up! I feel pain and empathy for victims around the world and want to help in some way, I will research this subject further. Thank you for sharing
Joha Asecas chapter 1 . 1/21
Fuerte,triste y real. Casi no la leia. Me alegra haberlo echo.
fla.polo chapter 1 . 11/7/2017
Wow. The saddest thing? It still happens worldwide. Great writing, despite the facts depicted.
Ivy Pattinson chapter 1 . 10/22/2017
Her choice, ABSOLUTELY!

Thank you for writing this and shining light on a horrible reality! I wish so many times this never happened but sadly every single day a woman, girl, man, or boy is taken into this horrendous life. Just where I live we have a news group that works to update instantly and there's always kids going missing. Breaks my heart because I pray that they're ok, but know that something like this is more than likely happening.
Claire Bloom chapter 1 . 10/22/2017
You wrote this story with such grace including the abhorrent scenes, and you'd words gave Bella the dignity and voice she was denied.
If it's possible to say so, with regards to such a tragic story, I really did enjoy this tale.
SarcasticBimbo chapter 1 . 2/27/2017
Fantastic piece. I would do the same thing in her shoes. :-) Thank you for sharing your talent.
TinaF chapter 1 . 2/7/2017
Wow! It's sad that this really happens in life. Well written. Thank you for sharing.
el chapter 1 . 1/22/2017
.god.
I feel sooo bad. I wanna do something. And in your A.N you were right. I wanna help and decrease this number you mentiond.
life of Grey chapter 1 . 1/16/2017
The subject is horrible yet needed you have written it beautifully thank you
PlzFangMe chapter 1 . 1/6/2017
I think you're very brave for tackling such a sad and real topic. Thank you for sharing your gifts with us.
Blue Girl98 chapter 1 . 11/15/2016
I absolutely love this story. Not because I like reading this stuff, but because so few have the courage to actually write the truth. You have no idea how many stories I've ran into that depict Bella falling in love with Edward when they come into contact like this, along with different variations. So few get the reality of what slaves (whether it's sex or "servent" type) actually encounter, and what their mental psyche consists of. While it pains me to actually think of the reality of these occurrences, I'm glad to know some people have the gut to post, let alone write, them for the world to see.
~Cynthia
kim01338 chapter 1 . 11/4/2016
Honestly, didn't expect this. The story is disgusting, I read it just before going to bed and of course couldn't sleep whole night...
bigdarkeyes chapter 1 . 9/12/2016
I'm crying. Reading this was difficult, it made my chest hurt, thank you for writing it.
Prettysqueaky chapter 1 . 8/20/2016
Fuck...if that wasn't emotional.