Reviews for A Voice in the Darkness
giselle8 chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
I tried really hard not to cry while reading this but I failed miserably. Looking back from all of the stories that I've read here this most probably be the darkest that I've read, dark in the the sense that this is really happening around the world. I watched a documentary once about human trafficking and its twice as disturbing because they interviewed survivors and are reenacting the actually experience of the survivors. Going back to the story, almost everything had been taken away from Bella and at one time I really hoped that she just killed herself like Rosalie did just to save her from all of the pain. Atleast at the end she did something of her own choice. You wrote wonderfully in spite of the very unsettling topic.
WritingInsomniac chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
I can't even begin to describe the way this story affects me. Goosebumps. I can't call it "beautiful", because it's disturbing, dark and horrible... There's no word to describe it. This is just one of those stories, I will always think back to.
sincerelyalh chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
it makes me sick to know that this is really happening.

amazing writing!
mariamag92 chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
This story literally made sick so much that I nearly vomited during and after reading it! I cried so hard but I felt almost relieved at the end because as you said so much was taken from Bella that she would never truly recover even if she managed to escape! It made think and my heart ache about those people subjected to this kind of (physical but most importantly mental) torture. Because physical wounds may heal but its the wounds that are not visible to the eye that follow you for your entire life! I shudder just thinking about it and the more I think of it the more I realise that if I that had happened to me I would have done the exact same thing Bella did! Thank you for writing this story and depicting so accurately and realistically this horrible situation! Unfortunately many authors in the fandom have often justified rape and sexual slavery as romance which quite frankly makes me mad and even more disgusted than your story did because that is the purpose of it and it is after all the truth however awful it might be! Thanks again!
loopylou992 chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
WOW. This is powerful and moving, my heart broke for her right through this entire story. I read the warning at the top and knew what I was getting and this certainly did not disspoint. This fic will be with me for a long time to come.
StardustPhoenix chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
I was blown away. This was an amazing piece, and I admire your bravery to write something for a purpose bigger than simple entertainment. Seeing Edward cast in such a negative light was hard, but this has truly been one of the best fan fics I have read in a long time. It was sad, but in the end I respected bella for her choice. Though a murder suicide would have been a fabulous alteration... But this seemed more... real. Thank you for standing up for a cause that gets so little mention. Seriously I'm your average college student, and generally I read for fun, but reading something like this makes me want to step outside my life and look around. I would hope I would be like alice in this and try to help anyone I saw in such a situation.. You an amazing author keep it up :) i helps keep people thinking when it is easierto just ignore that things like this happen in real life.
Derdriu oFaolain chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
This made me sick. I was literally shaking. I got all messed up with vertigo.

In other words, it was spectacular. I've never been so affected by reading, I don't think.

I wish all the fans of the slavery fics would read this and understand the utter depravity of those characters. Abuse is romanticized too often, and those stories should be making readers as sick as this piece made me.

Thank you.
IndecisiveMe chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
Thank you. I wish more fic authors, and some of those published by Twi-inspired printing houses, would realise the difference between rape and romance.

If you are forced to do something, anything, against your will you won't be falling in love with the guy at the end of the story. No matter who he is.

Your story was very hard to read, but it truly needed to be said.
NoOneWillSurrenderTonight chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
I have just read this O/S for the second time, and it is no less shocking than the first time I read it...so incredibly powerful! It's truly horrendous that for some people, this kind of thing is a brutal reality, not just an upsetting work of fiction.

I would really like to see another chapter dedicated to the effect of human trafficking on the family & friends of those who get taken (in this case Charlie & Renee etc) because I think their story needs to be heard too.

Thank you for writing this.
Lea chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
Can I first just mention that I'm crying right now. But wow...just wow and to think this is just one chapter! It's written in a way that is just truly magnificent and breathtaking, the fervor with which this sotry is wriiten is incredible. Thank you for such an insightful piece, it is very remarkable. I can't describe adquedately how astonshing this story is but honestly it couldn't be more well written.
suzy 2010 chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
Your story is so sad, but so true. It's hard to believe that the slave trade still goes on today, but it does.
Svaler chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
I hated this story at first, like Bella (slightly) enjoying what he was doing to her (sometimes) and that Edward was completely nuts. You've jumped from months to eventually a total of three years.

But now I do love this story. I think I'll like the next chapters more.

I was just waiting for something like this chapter and I'm-

Wait. Oh man I'm an idiot. This is a one shot.. I just realize. Oh man.

So no more chapters. Well I read your AN and I agree. It's not excusable. So good job. Great one shot.
Ms Torres chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
This is an amazing story that honestly doesn't get enough exposure. I like that you were blunt about everything within the story and didn't sugar coat anything like many authors have done when writing fan fiction. It's not as grotesque as it would seem but it does shed light on how one feels in such a situation. I'm currently exploring Psychology primarily focusing on Brain and Behaviour and this story has piqued my inner curiosity. Thank you for sharing your amazing talent, hope to read more of your stories.

Ms Torres xx
afjklgsdfhjkdslhgjk chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
Very enlightening. To think that around 27 million people live in this kind of life, only to die in it if they aren't caught.
beesue chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
Really can't comment - just so sad - so sad!
570 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »