Reviews for A Voice in the Darkness
Darth Halliwell chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
My pos graduation tesis was about slavering children. It's a sad reallity and a shame to all mankind. I had my degree e some awfull memories about my research. I do volunteer work to help children at risk, my own daughter (by now a young womam) has adopted when she had 4, an know there are people to do the good brings me a little peace of mind. This is a well writen, however tragic, fanfic. I cried all the time I redead this. My husband, always the caretaker, worried about my tears, but he don't speak english very well, so I had to translate and resume the story line for him, and then he cried too. I guess you acomplished your mission: do people, even when they don't understand your languaje (or had a poor english like me), think about the absurdity to see slavery at 21 century. For that, congrats.
3062301 chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
Very sad but soo well written
Kim-Fall chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
Fucking beautiful. I have never been made so aware as I have now. I wish I could write like you.
Myra030 chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
It's seriously disturbing to know that things like this actually happen.
TeamCullen.RobstenLover chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
Thats so sad, disgusting and horrifying. And to think so much of it probably goes unnoticed for many years. It sadens me to know that mankind can be this way still in this day and age, even though I know its been going on for thousands of years.

Your a brilliant writer btw.
VioletVirgo79 chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
Painfully tragic. Your story gave a voice to the ones who can no longer speak. Thank you for sharing this in their honor.

~LauraLeigh
movieandbookgirl chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
Thank you for shedding light on this subject. This was a powerful story and utterly heartbreaking. It's easy to ignorant of this and to want to remain that way. But it is something we all need to know about and be vigilant of. Thank you, sincerely.
giselle8 chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
I tried really hard not to cry while reading this but I failed miserably. Looking back from all of the stories that I've read here this most probably be the darkest that I've read, dark in the the sense that this is really happening around the world. I watched a documentary once about human trafficking and its twice as disturbing because they interviewed survivors and are reenacting the actually experience of the survivors. Going back to the story, almost everything had been taken away from Bella and at one time I really hoped that she just killed herself like Rosalie did just to save her from all of the pain. Atleast at the end she did something of her own choice. You wrote wonderfully in spite of the very unsettling topic.
WritingInsomniac chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
I can't even begin to describe the way this story affects me. Goosebumps. I can't call it "beautiful", because it's disturbing, dark and horrible... There's no word to describe it. This is just one of those stories, I will always think back to.
sincerelyalh chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
it makes me sick to know that this is really happening.

amazing writing!
mariamag92 chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
This story literally made sick so much that I nearly vomited during and after reading it! I cried so hard but I felt almost relieved at the end because as you said so much was taken from Bella that she would never truly recover even if she managed to escape! It made think and my heart ache about those people subjected to this kind of (physical but most importantly mental) torture. Because physical wounds may heal but its the wounds that are not visible to the eye that follow you for your entire life! I shudder just thinking about it and the more I think of it the more I realise that if I that had happened to me I would have done the exact same thing Bella did! Thank you for writing this story and depicting so accurately and realistically this horrible situation! Unfortunately many authors in the fandom have often justified rape and sexual slavery as romance which quite frankly makes me mad and even more disgusted than your story did because that is the purpose of it and it is after all the truth however awful it might be! Thanks again!
loopylou992 chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
WOW. This is powerful and moving, my heart broke for her right through this entire story. I read the warning at the top and knew what I was getting and this certainly did not disspoint. This fic will be with me for a long time to come.
StardustPhoenix chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
I was blown away. This was an amazing piece, and I admire your bravery to write something for a purpose bigger than simple entertainment. Seeing Edward cast in such a negative light was hard, but this has truly been one of the best fan fics I have read in a long time. It was sad, but in the end I respected bella for her choice. Though a murder suicide would have been a fabulous alteration... But this seemed more... real. Thank you for standing up for a cause that gets so little mention. Seriously I'm your average college student, and generally I read for fun, but reading something like this makes me want to step outside my life and look around. I would hope I would be like alice in this and try to help anyone I saw in such a situation.. You an amazing author keep it up :) i helps keep people thinking when it is easierto just ignore that things like this happen in real life.
Derdriu oFaolain chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
This made me sick. I was literally shaking. I got all messed up with vertigo.

In other words, it was spectacular. I've never been so affected by reading, I don't think.

I wish all the fans of the slavery fics would read this and understand the utter depravity of those characters. Abuse is romanticized too often, and those stories should be making readers as sick as this piece made me.

Thank you.
IndecisiveMe chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
Thank you. I wish more fic authors, and some of those published by Twi-inspired printing houses, would realise the difference between rape and romance.

If you are forced to do something, anything, against your will you won't be falling in love with the guy at the end of the story. No matter who he is.

Your story was very hard to read, but it truly needed to be said.
577 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »