Reviews for A Voice in the Darkness
Nawaar chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
This story was so refreshingly honest in a sea of romantic or lemony crap. Thank you for writing it,and I hope it helps people to understand that this is a modern day reality.
TheWallsWeBreakThrough chapter 1 . 2/21/2014
Beautiful in a really awful way. Made me cry just a little bit and that never ever happens with fan fiction. Brilliant writing. Such a sad ending. Well done.
OjosCafe chapter 1 . 1/31/2014
First of all, i want to sorry for any mistake in my review, English is my second language.
I... Wow. I actually don't know how i feel about this story. I mean, I hated it, the thought that this is real and people suffer like she does. It's so unfair. The pain, the fear even of trying to scape because he cause so much damage that she can't think in anything else that what would happen if he catches her.
But I loved it, too. Because I had never read something in ff so painful that I wanted to cry, I wanted to punch him and her in the face, I wanted to help her so bad. So if your intention was to make someone feel touch and indignated and even angry with the world that allows this to happen, well, your job was accomplished. The message was delivered. Your writing is amazing.
That was it, i think.
Love,
Indra.
Aqua77 chapter 1 . 1/27/2014
Wow. Thank you for sharing this story with us. It made a profound impression on me. Once I started reading, you grabbed me and it wouln't let me go.
Mistydeb chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
OMG...that was so awful, but yet I still had to read it. What a life these people suffer each day. I'm glad she got out her own way, I mean who would want to live with those types of scars until you die naturally...no thanks. Debbie
IndianWalker chapter 1 . 1/23/2014
Amen!
Karina Masen chapter 1 . 1/19/2014
My English is not very good but luckily I read your story in translating sparklinghaledecullen. Just wanted to say that the story is very raw ... but it is very real, unfortunately. You made me mourn, but you have me thinking much about the issue of slavery too. So thank you for writing it.
lsmith82 chapter 1 . 12/26/2013
This story is amazing. It made me so sad, but at the same time I'm very happy that Bella never developed Stockholm Syndrome.
LesleyLunaCullen chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
How did you write this, it hurt just to read it. I give you kudos for tackling a very difficult topic. Your stats at the end are so disturbing but powerful. The worst part is that men like him will buy a new one. You hope that this will end with her death, but deep down you know it won't.
meelee72 chapter 1 . 8/25/2013
Ugghh, this hurts me everywhere & makes my stomach sick. I hate that this happens every day.
- I can see how easily a soul is lost. & it's so so tragic. :(
- U potrayed these victims so well.
married2thcoach chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
I am speechless. In Tears, feel sick to my stomach and brokenhearted. All I can think of is the 3 girls that escaped in Ohio. It makes me feel like pure evil lives in some people. And I never want to let my teenagers out of my sight.
Figgalina chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
Wow.
MsTorres chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
I've read this story before a few years ago now and it has always stayed stuck in my brain . It's unbelievable how slavery is so widely known throughout the world and yet it is never spoken about openly as other horrors in the world. I thought of this story when I read about the women from Ohio being found safe after so long and I must admit, my heart broke for the pain and suffering they would have endured. For without this story and your remarkable writing I would not have been able to 'try' and understand how someone in that situation or position could not do something more to get away. This story is overwhelmingly sad without a doubt but also leaves a sense of closure since in the end Bella finally had a choice and made her own decision.

Bless you and be safe,
Ms Torres
x
janosch73 chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
Thanks you for this powerful statement. It's so important that this topic is talked and written about because unfortunately it's reality even these days. A while ago I read an amazing book called Room by Emma Donaghue that deals with the same topic incl. A kid that is born in captivity. It was at the same time a really awful but also a wonderful story about a mom's love to his son that I want to recommend it to everyone.
lollipopsandwich chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
Just read a fanfic a few days ago, Emancipation Proclaimation, surrounding the same topic of human trafficking, and stumbled across this fanfic today. Beautifully written. Thank you for helping to raise awareness of such a cause! It is true that slavery is such a major issue in our world today, and it is sad that many do not know the full impact of it. Thank you for such a amazing, heart-wrenching, and influential statement. :)
577 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »