Reviews for A Voice in the Darkness
haylee21 chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
thank you for that, not my normal cup of tea but still wonderfully well written
Drithligh chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
That was difficult to read, but I thank you for sharing. Reading about good natured vampires can be entertaining, but there really are a few too many fanfics out there that revel in abuse and include very little realism.
Darkness' Embrace chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
This is so real. Thank you.
cRiMsOnGoDdEsS01 chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
I can't lie: that was extremely hard to get through. It's easy to push away the idea that this happens everyday. It's closer to home than people truly realize and while it was extremely hard to stomach reading this whole one shot, I'm glad I did. Because more people need to know that this happens all the time and people need to be more proactive in trying to stop this. I really commend you for having the guts to write this story; in the end I believe that was Bella's happy ending. She was able to make her last choice when all of her power and her ability to make her own choices were torn away. Definitely something I was not expecting to stumble on but thank you for writing this. Helping to give a voice to those who no longer have one.
irishnlove2shop chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
Very well done...
robsfantasy chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
Thank you for such a powerful story!
Fefe3 chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
Wow, thank you for writing this it was painful and brought me to tears. The way you captured what sadly to many have experienced, are currently experiencing or will experience in their lifetime is a haunting reminder of the wicked people inflict on others. What I hoped for so badly even with your warning was a happily ever after a reunification with her family and friends after all the suffering and pain she experienced. Your ending was hard for me emotionally but so realistic and truthful. For me personally I will be sure to let my loved ones know how I feel and not take the time we have together for granted. Another important message and something I've always strongly believed is that we should stay with our friends when we go out together versus splitting up, not to say bad things won't also happen in groups it may just minimize the possibility.
akjamma chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
Did she kill herself? or him? great story
ElizabethAnne1 chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
Okay I read it. The way you worded the warning was like waving a red flag for me. This is an issue that has always infuriated me, from the time they first covered slavery in history class. I can't fathom what the poor women and children go through. It's truly horrifying what some human beings are capable of.

I wish you would consider writing a little follow-up, where Charlie tracks down this piece of shit, and slowly tortures and kills him. I know law abiding Charlie would probably have him tried and convicted, but I'm thinking distraught Dad Charlie will snap and forget that he's pledged to uphold the law. I've become very unforgiving since I had my children, and I would never be able to get over the fact that the person who reduced my child to a ghostly shell of herself was living and breathing
on the same planet as me.
arrogantedward chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
I absolutely loved it. I wish you would expand it into a long story. It would be nice to read a story where bella does not fall in love with dark edward. It would be more effective in creating awareness about sexual slavery. People know about it but they think its rare these days or it happens in far away countries.
flipflop37 chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
this is a really really well done story, you get your point across perfectly.
promancejr chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
This one shot was so well written, I cried through the whole thing. The statistics on slavery and human trafficking are awful. Thank you for shedding light on such a devastating subject.
my2galspal chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
I can appreciate the warning but I think more people should be forced to read this o/s. While I have enjoyed stories where the "slave" falls for her captor it is good to read a more realistic portrayal of the results of human trafficking. We can romanticize it all we want but it is not a beautiful thing.

Thank you for not only writing this fic (wonderfully I might add) but also for posting it so we can all be reminded of the atrocities we should be working to rid the world of.
Sailaranel chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
Well written... Glorious in it's horror.
To live through something like this- I cannot imagine...
cullen mascot chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
I did it. But that was brutal. Thanks for the warning though. I really didn't like how you used Edward as the monster, but I get it. Makes me cringe to think of "normal" people who participate in such a horrendous crime. I was really wishing that she would kill him, but after so much time had passed, she didn't value herself or see it possible to have a way out.

Good job on bringing awareness to us.
554 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »