Reviews for A Voice in the Darkness
Annie Butts chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
If I could give you a standing ovation I would.
I loved your authors note.
breakingdawn57 chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
Thank you for sharing the truth that many people don't want to know about . You are so right about slavery! It is alive and well in our country as well as internationally. We have to be aware of the people around us and pay attention to situations that don't seem quite right. If you are looking for organizations to support International Justice Mission is a wonderful organization that fights human trafficking and very worthy of support.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
to be honest writing a review on such a powerful piece of writing is challanging. too many people tend to romantize abuse and to read a story that shows the really cruelty of the world is refreshing. thank you for bringing this issuse to attention and writing about with no false sweetness. it was inspiring to read this and quite honestly it shocked me to my bones. it was a real eye opener in a world where most of us decide to turn our heads and pretend we don't see. thank you this story was perfect in its power and i think you did a wonderful job. THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN!
wal70 chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
SO SAD...
ARFess96 chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
I have read this before. I don't remember how I came accross it but I remeber it being a real eye opener. I read it again this time with the thoughts of those girls that were held captive for 10 long years in Ohio.

I find myself wondering why those women didn't do something to get free. There had to have been opportunities to alert someone or for one of them make a break for it. If they shared even a little bit of the complete self destruction that your Bella did in this, I now know why they didn't try for freedom. Or maybe they never gave up trying to find freedom and it just took 10 long years to find the chink in that guys security.

Either way, this story helped me find a little bit of understanding. I know you would probably never even think to compare the two situations, as yours is a fictional story. It is said that art imitates life and this story is a prime example of that.

Thank you for your brave words and an unflinchingly real portrayal of a life not live as your own but as someone's property. I commend you for it.
Unknown Atheist chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
Nice, powerful writing.
haylee21 chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
thank you for that, not my normal cup of tea but still wonderfully well written
Drithligh chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
That was difficult to read, but I thank you for sharing. Reading about good natured vampires can be entertaining, but there really are a few too many fanfics out there that revel in abuse and include very little realism.
Darkness' Embrace chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
This is so real. Thank you.
cRiMsOnGoDdEsS01 chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
I can't lie: that was extremely hard to get through. It's easy to push away the idea that this happens everyday. It's closer to home than people truly realize and while it was extremely hard to stomach reading this whole one shot, I'm glad I did. Because more people need to know that this happens all the time and people need to be more proactive in trying to stop this. I really commend you for having the guts to write this story; in the end I believe that was Bella's happy ending. She was able to make her last choice when all of her power and her ability to make her own choices were torn away. Definitely something I was not expecting to stumble on but thank you for writing this. Helping to give a voice to those who no longer have one.
irishnlove2shop chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
Very well done...
robsfantasy chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
Thank you for such a powerful story!
Fefe3 chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
Wow, thank you for writing this it was painful and brought me to tears. The way you captured what sadly to many have experienced, are currently experiencing or will experience in their lifetime is a haunting reminder of the wicked people inflict on others. What I hoped for so badly even with your warning was a happily ever after a reunification with her family and friends after all the suffering and pain she experienced. Your ending was hard for me emotionally but so realistic and truthful. For me personally I will be sure to let my loved ones know how I feel and not take the time we have together for granted. Another important message and something I've always strongly believed is that we should stay with our friends when we go out together versus splitting up, not to say bad things won't also happen in groups it may just minimize the possibility.
akjamma chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
Did she kill herself? or him? great story
ElizabethAnne1 chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
Okay I read it. The way you worded the warning was like waving a red flag for me. This is an issue that has always infuriated me, from the time they first covered slavery in history class. I can't fathom what the poor women and children go through. It's truly horrifying what some human beings are capable of.

I wish you would consider writing a little follow-up, where Charlie tracks down this piece of shit, and slowly tortures and kills him. I know law abiding Charlie would probably have him tried and convicted, but I'm thinking distraught Dad Charlie will snap and forget that he's pledged to uphold the law. I've become very unforgiving since I had my children, and I would never be able to get over the fact that the person who reduced my child to a ghostly shell of herself was living and breathing
on the same planet as me.
560 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »