Reviews for Ashes to Ashes
Well, guess I'll go cry now.
Secret.Identities chapter 1 . 7/11
I cried. This is so, so sad. And Uncle Iroh? Just... I can't describe it.
And he /tasted ash/ in his /tea/.
If Aang had died, at least they would have all been at least a little prepared for it. He was going to fight Ozai. But Zuko? It's like you had Sokka say... after all he's been through, he's supposed to be indestructible.
And all hopes were pinned on him to become the next Fire Lord and lead the world into love and peace, to right the wrongs of his family. If he's gone... there's no one else that could possibly take his place. If it were Aang, there's always the hope that there would be the new Avatar, that Aang would be reborn into the next life. But Zuko? No. One. Can replace him.
And /dang/ Mai would be livid. Probably the first time since she was a baby that she'd ever cried.
She would have hated that Azula's grave be placed next to Zuko's, though.
skdc8595 chapter 1 . 5/20
So Mai killed Azula?
Convenient Alias chapter 1 . 4/13
I like the focus on Iroh and Sokka's reactions, rather than a more typical focus on Aang and especially Katara. I do think Sokka would have mourned not being able to get to know Zuko better, since the Boiling Rock episode marked the beginning of a friendship that should have grown into something quite deep, and honestly I think the two of them connected better than Aang did with Zuko. And Aang and Katara would totally blame themselves-you're right there. But Iroh's reaction would be the most tragic. Zuko truly is all he has left.
Me chapter 1 . 11/22/2015
iwillnotcryiwillnotcryiwillnotcryiwillnotcry...GOD DAMMIT!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/24/2015
Once Iroh had opened the scroll, he hadn't needed to say a word. Everyone else in the room had understood the moment they saw the slump of Iroh's shoulders, saw the cumulative weight of his years tearing his spirit down.

The moment they saw the fire in Iroh's eyes die into ash. Every time I read this that kills me. It's just so sad and this whole fic is beautiful
j2jackson321 chapter 1 . 10/12/2015
CrazyCartoonistOtaku chapter 1 . 8/27/2015
Okay ouch why did you do that to me... :(

This is literally the saddest fanfic I've found in this fandom, and I really cried. I have to say, it was really something. I loved the realistic interpretations of the fic and honestly liked what you added with Iroh and Azula (and how you snuck in Mai's feelings about all this too), so so much. I also loved that you chose Sokka to finish off, since I did like their friendship quite a bit. Thanks for the great read, however short.
Shieru-to-Mikaerisu chapter 1 . 5/26/2015
*sniffles* It's beautiful... And I can't say anymore, because words cannot express the beauty of the feels.
Kandai chapter 1 . 5/15/2015
This will forever be one of my favorite fics of all time and I'm really happy to have rediscovered it, even if it has broken my heart in a million pieces (again). Thank you for this text.
In Memory Of Yesterday chapter 1 . 1/20/2015
This was brilliant. a gem.
hi chapter 1 . 1/4/2015
*sobs quietly inside* love this. Its so sad. I wish there was a fic where Zuko was reincarnated if he had died at any point within the series.
Totally Spazz-tastic chapter 1 . 1/2/2015
Damn you and your magnificently sad writing. I wasn't prepared to become a tearbending master.
LilyAvatarLotus chapter 1 . 10/26/2014
it's so beautfiul but it's broken my heart :'(
Duckscrossingtheroad chapter 1 . 10/17/2014
This is one of the best fanfictions I have ever read. Beautifully written :)