Reviews for Falling Before Her Eyes
OrangeAfterglow chapter 13 . 8/31/2011
Very very nice! This story had a nice ammount of plot that diverged from the movie script which still made it enjoyable to read and not just a reproduction of the movie.

I thihk you managed to write for Roxanne very well in the last chapter, your AN said that you didnt really like doing it but I think it really worked. I could feel her emotions through the words which is not an easy thing to do.

I hope that you decide to write more one day, if you do I will be reading it.

OAG.
StudyManiac chapter 13 . 8/13/2011
Wow! I was SO Surprised when I saw this! D Thank you for posting this alternate ending. I especially love the scenes with Minion tending to Megs/her fidgety nervousness, and when she's lost on the main floor. It has never occurred to me that Minion would be passive aggressive towards Roxanne, but the way you've portrayed it makes perfect sense.

"She had no place in Megamind's world." -And I love this sentence to pieces. XDDDDD

-Phantom77 aka StudyManiac
Dreamsinger chapter 13 . 8/13/2011
Go Megs! Show her your feelings! I like the idea that he's not 'Megamind' any more, nor 'Bernard', but a union of the two that's resulted in a brand new person. One who is so newborn he's nervous and floundering, like most teenagers are while discovering themselves...

I love Roxanne's POV. She is indeed more complicated, if only because she has this whole love-hate thing going with him, the ambivalence because he's done so many bad things...and one truly great thing. And with him at a crux, at the point where he could go on to do so much more good, if only she gave in to the Bernard-feelings and tried to ignore his past. It's only natural to feel resentment, as if she's being pushed into a choice she wasn't ready to make, a choice common sense says should be 'no', but the niggling emotions keep squirming out from underfoot, saying 'yes'...

I did find it a bit odd that he was asking her about whether they could have a relationship and she started listing his physical attributes, as if they were more important to her than his villain attributes. She seemed a little too rejectful of his body, especially since she showed no signs of disgust during the Temptress scene in the movie.

I loooved the hair-touching scene. I'd forgotten this fic started out about him being fascinated by her hair, since this chapter wasn't from his POV, but I'm still glad to see he finally got his wish!

But ARGGG! What a place to stop! I'm dying to hear what he thinks of his first real kiss! Do you think you'll ever add anything?
FluffyFurball chapter 13 . 8/13/2011
Bravo! All I can say.
KBJones chapter 13 . 8/13/2011
AWESOME! I love this! Great job!
Nora Salisbury chapter 12 . 7/10/2011
LOL The Brainbots hiding the torn X-ray behind their backs is cute and funny!

MMMmm! Love him playing with her hair and that kiss! Hot-cha-cha!

Minion dancing for joy at their date plans is too cute!

Excellent! I don't think I said it before, but thank you for still writing while recovering from surgery! I appreciate the wonderful read!
Nora Salisbury chapter 11 . 7/10/2011
LOL I love Megs as Metro Man! It does look like a Calvin Klein pose!

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with invisibility mode! LOL

LOL Locking the door is such a Wile E. Coyote move! Like the tiny umbrella!

Awww, I like those last lines! I was amazed both here and outside the lair how he managed to say such sweet, simple, honest things. Sure would've melted my heart.

I like when the title is revealed in something like that, and how it has dual meaning. Good show!
Nora Salisbury chapter 10 . 7/10/2011
I love you referencing Ann Darrow! Very good! Make the young'uns look it up! LOL

I really like getting to examine the stuff going on in between the stuff shown in the movie, very nice job here.
Nora Salisbury chapter 9 . 7/10/2011
I love him going to stand in his corner again, I get that.

LOL Love their twin bantering expressions, I can see them like that. It's a form of flirting too.

Everything in Metro Man's place polished to death? That's hysterical!

Oh, I love him getting the cape! And good call in him likening it to the feel of her hair tickling him in the park. Everything weaves together nicely.

I always thought the way Music Mangler was straightening the cape on Megamind's shoulders was a kind of a "keep it" gesture, sort of incentive to go be the hero.

I like the extra dialog in places, you write them both well. Seems Roxanne is so eager to be partners again, and I always watch the movie thinking "why isn't he responding to this?" But you raise some good points that could be part of that thought process.

Onward and upward! :D
Nora Salisbury chapter 8 . 7/10/2011
LOL I can see everyone crammed in the back of the subway car holding their breath, not moving ... like they hope if they don't move he can't see them. LOL

I love his thoughts when he's blowing up at Titan "... saw the Goddamn irony, thank you very much!" Riot!

I think you are exactly right, he wanted to lose his pain in a fight/beating and hide in jail.

A happy little Irish jig ... LOL!

OK, I don't care how mad he is at her, I don't think he would ever call her a bitch or fat-hipped, in fact I'm sure her curves set him adrift on memory bliss.

You noticed the guilt on her face in the van too, I thought the same thing.

Very good! On to the next chapter!
Nora Salisbury chapter 7 . 7/10/2011
OMG this is so good. I love his thoughts about how he likes her better as she is rather than with blue skin and a large head like him. I love all the detail his thoughts go into here, actually, I imagine his brain probably works like that, going in several directions at once and very deep into details.

His thoughts between the toast and the kiss, so sweet it breaks my heart.

I've noticed in the movie that it isn't until after the disguise shuts off that her mouth quirks up in a smile during the kiss, in fact his does at the same time. I'm thinking that since the hard-light projection and spatial distortion of the disguise generator rearrange the person's mass so they take up the same amount of space as the disguise image, and make clothing change texture too, so she'd never feel any spikes, just the suit and turtleneck. And his lips would feel different when disguised. So I think that's why she smiles after it's off ... she likes the feel of Megamind's lips better. Of course, that doesn't mean you can't take literary license. :)

It's an interesting idea to think of it as him killing the Bernard she knew, but at some point she surely will understand the things about him she fell for are still there.

I like his thoughts comparing himself to the "undesirable trash within" the cubes disguise.

The whole ending with him deciding he didn't love her enough is sad, heavy but good. Very well done! On to the next chapter! :D
Qu33rzi chapter 12 . 6/13/2011
Great story! A tad OOC on some bits, but fanfics are fanfics.

I loved the end chapter!
jessi chapter 11 . 5/29/2011
Wonderful story! I really enjoyed it! I can definitely see Megamind liking Roxanne's hair.
P'tfami chapter 12 . 5/19/2011
Awesome stuff. I'm a bit surprised to find this in the M section though I appreciate your rating reasoning due to the swearing - I think you can tone it down to K as I'm sure there are more readers who would appreciate reading this fic.

Your humour is quirky and reminds me of Douglas Adams's style.

Depictions of blood and gore - yikes, but the realist in me concedes that its more realistic.

Liked the playback and present scene set up of each chapter - very in keeping with movie verse. It was a tad trying keeping up with the rapid switch though. Maybe you could place a bar to indicate the break from flashback to present or change the font style.

I read your entry about the first do-over date on the LJ community - really sweet. Hope to see it uploaded here (under the appropriate setting of course)

Good job.
Your Worshipfulness chapter 12 . 5/7/2011
Love, love, LOVE this! Especially the line about the walk in the rain! Everyone was so in-characer! Thank you so much for filling in the gaps; I know they couldn't have fit all this into the movie, but I really think a reporter like Roxanne couldn't have helped but ask some questions about the events of the movie as they were happening. Definitely adding this to favorites!

Your Worshipfulness