Reviews for Darkness
killie 64 chapter 7 . 3/28/2014
Awesome. Brilliant. Captivating. Dark. Touching. Beautiful. Sweet. Tender. And we're back to awesome! Such a difficult sudject matter but you handled it so gently. I loved the angst/playfulness between Maura & Angela when she found Jane & Maura 'sleeping' together. Gave me a giggle. And Maura trying to get Jane to see she is in love with Jane, beautifully written. And I think you wrapped it up well. Jane will get the help she need so she can be all SHE needs to be for Maura. Loved your ff immensely. Cheers ;))
Guest chapter 7 . 2/16/2013
Poor Jane. Glad Maura was there. I know how Jane feels
Terri chapter 7 . 1/9/2013
I love just about every last one of your stories I have are so beautiful yet powerful in away thank you :-) .
bassmyst chapter 7 . 10/15/2012
I love all your stories. Nearly cried at this one. Still trying not to.
Just me and myself chapter 7 . 8/30/2012
Very, very good.
DarXe chapter 7 . 8/6/2012
Very powerful piece.
FaBbEr0oZ chapter 7 . 4/10/2012
I'd say that's a lot of responsibility but Maura can handle Jane. She's meow-kachowed.

Good story, that's actually almost pretty close to home.
Turknac chapter 7 . 2/19/2012
Warning: I am long winded and have a tendency to ramble. Like, A LOT. O_O I also don't proof read. Proofread? Proof-read. o_o I dunno.

Just thought that, as a person who has gone through a moment of weakness and suffers from something that happens to include the symptoms of suicidal tendencies, severe depression, and tons of other things that totally suck, I should make a comment that would give some insight. Unless of course you yourself already have that.

But someone who reads the reviews that others have left might see it. :P

Anyways, those who feel they needn't be around anymore, or who are "tired" typically don't say anything about it. I myself just sat around hoping someone would notice. That someone, anyone really, would just do something. It didn't take much really. Just a smile. An opening of a door. A random compliment from a passing stranger. I was okay as long as I wasn't home. Sadly, nobody saw any of the many signs I was showing. I isolated myself in my room for months. My parents never even knew if I was home or not even though I never left. I generally ate half a meal a day. I stopped listening to music (my life), my T.v stayed off, and I no longer socialized with friends. At school I spoke when spoken to, made the occasional wisecrack that was expected of me, and pretended to do my work. Finally, after a typical conversation with my father, I completely lost it. I calmly wandered into my room, opened a bottle of Fioricet and swallowed 6 pills. I then started rummaging through the medicine cabinet, decided against making a cocktail, and wandered back in my room. By now that Fioricet was starting to kick in and the room had started spinning just a bit. I was also feeling a bit fuzzy. I made the decision that since the pain killers had kicked in, slitting my wrist might not hurt so much. I grabbed a razor and tried to pry the blades out, cutting my fingers a couple of times. Thankfully this one was sturdy. Or maybe I was weak from the pills. o_o But one of those two things saved my life that night by stalling me enough for the drowsiness to kick in and cause me to pass out. The next morning I woke up exceptionally angry... actually it was just my usual angry, and I popped three more pills, stopped to slur a couple of words to my parents, and staggered out the front door to school where I was taken to the principal's office for being intoxicated on school grounds. I don't know how they knew I was. I was only running into walls and singing nonsensical words. I dunno. Somewhere along the way my parents got called and I got taken to the hospital after I made a deal with the principal and school officer that I would go to the psych ward so I wouldn't have to be arrested. 10 hours later I was safely locked away without my shoes, my clothes, and my pride. Less than a week later I had managed to successfully bs my way out of that incredibly horrible and mind scarring place of just... it was a bad experience. An experience that has left me absolutely terrified to the point where I am 75% sure I won't pull a stunt like that again. However, like I said at the beginning, I have a.. well it's a something. I'm not sure what it is. But it means I'm crazy (though some will argue that I must not be since I'm aware that I am).

Anyways, I'm getting off topic. I served 40 days in an alternative schooling program for kids who abuse drugs name In House Crisis. It was incredibly boring, but all my grades went up while I was there so who am I to complain? It has now been half a year, and as you can see, er read, I am still alive! Which reminds me of a song, which means I must be thinking about music. And since I'm cracking jokes, getting off topic, and listening to music, as well as bothering to take that time and type this thing which will most likely not be read, that must mean I have made a recovery. Which I did, mostly. I still have my moments, but then I just remember I could be locked up again and be stuck listening to small children cry because they've never been shown what love is, or because someone showed them the incredibly wrong kind. I thought my life was bad. Yeah, not so much.

Anyways, don't let your friends -or yourself for that matter- get this low! Pay attention to them/ yourself. Catch it before it's too late. Don't give in to those thoughts. Force yourself to do something else. Or be the friend that does it for them. Kick 'em into gear. Make them go outside, get some ice cream and then watch My Little Pony. Don't let the haters fool you. That show is way too rainbow filled and sparkly to suck. Even my 12 year old little brother couldn't stop watching it, and he's the most judgmental troll I've ever met. So admit it, the show rocks. And it cheers you right up. Insta-cure!

I apologize for using my excessive amount of words and ramblings. -Turknac
j9tigger chapter 7 . 2/11/2012
Out of all of the stunning prose in this entire piece, this is what I am left with as greatest impact, "grated raw emotions lying like broken corpses all around and on her". Wow. This was powerful, and I'm glad I waited to read it until it was daylight, and I was in an ok frame of mind. I will need some time to process, but I think I actually feel better having done so. Thank-you.
j9tigger chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
I admit to having some reservations about the subject matter at hand. However, I feel like I don't want to miss this - angst be damned...
JN chapter 7 . 1/16/2012
Thank you for this story, I wish there was some way to make it more prominent on your page. I've read most of both of your works, and while I can't call this my 'favorite' I think this is the best one you've done.

With what I do for a living, I've been on both ends of this piece, Jane's and Maura's, and this is very realistic for them both. I can't say that love has ever been part of the equation, but while the love these two characters show for each other helps, trust me, it isn't necessary for the person hurting to get better.

Again, thanks for writing so well on such a difficult subject. It must have been heart-wrenching to write, so thank you even more.

-A usually silent lurker
Emerald Demona chapter 7 . 12/4/2011
Amazing story so dark and yet so powerful and true.
wercomingup chapter 5 . 9/28/2011
Mm-Burnt-Toast-mM chapter 7 . 8/9/2011
I'm so glad that Maura was able to help Jane, even just a little. Maybe now she'll get better and they can move on together.

Also, I realized that I had already read some of the stories already on your list, so my reviewing is going to be even wackier.
Mm-Burnt-Toast-mM chapter 6 . 8/9/2011
Nooo, she was doing so well. :[
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »