Reviews for Count Yourself Lucky
Kikyra chapter 1 . 1/17
Oh. My. God. I. Died. My. Ship. *chokes*
Ok so there were moments I went like "what?" but OMG... I died... I didn't think, because not a lot of people seem to have read Pathfinder and liked it enough to write a fic, that there'd be a Param/Umbo... *dies* OMG I can't! *dies of happiness, again*
sgrichter6 chapter 1 . 12/21/2013
This story is adorable! Towards the very end of the story, I started to ship Umbo and Param (her name is spelled with two As, not as Parem. Simply mistake!) towards the end of the story. I can't wait to read the second book. I hope he grows a little taller than her, simply for my own fantasies :)

I kind of like how you took Rigg out of his character. It fit the scene and it was adorable.

That part where Loaf calls Umbo a "little Casanova" should be changed because that is a reference to a work made on Earth and the group just learned about Earth so it doesn't really work.

I love this story! Please make more one-shots of Umbo and Param!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/7/2013
Aww I love it! I've been looking for a Param/Umbo fanfic cause they would make such a great couple! And I loved Loaf's little talk with Umbo!
fanfictional.reality chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
its nice i like it
Guest chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
couple of things:
Umbo can't use his power to send people into the future.

I can't imagine Rigg losing his cool like that. even when he tough that his dad (who he loved more than anything) had died he didn't let his emotions control him, and ignore the pain while doing what needed to be done.
CountryGrl chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
This is lovely, so glad I found it! I finished the book in the early hours of this morning, and oh Mr Card is such a tease with this pairing. Very nicely handled :-)
JonnyB-Boy chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
I think that was a perfect description of what Rigg would do. After all he usually gets close or does lose his control when it comes to family. (Shock mainly)
ArtemisHarryAnimorphsfan96 chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
Thank you! I just finished Pathfinder, and I've been looking for a good Param/Umbo fanfic for the past day! I knew that Umbo and Param were going to get together from the moment that Rigg entered Flammaco's house and started looking for Param. I mean, the main character's sister and his best friend are always the perfect match! Orson Scott Card totally has to put them together now, after all of the shipping moments that he put in at the end of the book! They were just so sweet!

So, I thought that this was the perfect fanfic! It has all of the important components:

1). Two of the main characters realizing their feelings for each other.

2). A few hilarious awkward moments.

3). A sweet kiss.

4). A couple of slight innuendos.

5). An overprotective brother.

The part where Param and Umbo are together is so cute, and the part where Param tells Umbo that she wants to have his babies-hilarious! I also loved the line, "Didn't you say that since I was older, I get to decide and you just count yourself lucky? And I say: it's just fine." Awesome! And I just love overprotective brothers, so I am for any OOCness when it comes to overprotective brothers, because it make for a great story! Rigg was hilarious, and it was nice to see that much emotion from the robot kid! I do hope that Orson Scott Card does something like that when Rigg finds out in the real series! And I love what you did with Loaf-"Don't even think about getting under her skirt until the two of you are married! Understand?" I love Loaf-he's like a real father to Umbo! This was really good and fun to read! Good job!
Creative Fictional Dragon chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
I just finished this book and I knew this would be a paring. I loved your story it was cute
imawesomerthanyou16 chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
You know, I've been waiting for pathfinder to open up as a category, and when it finally did, I found your story. I really like it, espescially the umbo and param paring. hopefully the rest of the literate population out there would find pathfinder, read , enjoy it, and write fanfic about it. good work!
11kira11 chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
HAHAHAHA! That was funny! I really like Rigg's reaction to the whole ordeal! This made my day, thank you for the story!