Reviews for The Elephant Gambit
A.Pevensie chapter 7 . 1/1/2013
This is a wonderful story, and I particularly love this chapter. The way you show how well they know each other, and the depth of the relationship as Arthur figures out the dream maze and finds Ariadne, is SO well-done. :)
Hazelmist chapter 8 . 12/28/2011
Awww I'm so glad that everything worked out in the end and that Ariadne and Philippa were alright. I was worried that Ariadne would have brain damage or something. I like how you kept it realistic throughout though, talking about how they'll need therapy and they're not the same. The ending was lovely!
reluctant-reporter chapter 8 . 8/23/2011
Great story. Very well written and I enjoyed reading this while I had some down time at work. You should definitly write more Arthur/Ariadne fic!
Secret Storywriter chapter 8 . 8/9/2011
That was a very impressive read! I hope that you continue to write more stories.
Secret Storywriter chapter 5 . 8/8/2011
Oh, you are GOOD. You are really talented when writing the suspense factor for this story. My thoughts are alternating between hopeless and hopeful.

I like how close Arthur, Dom, and Ariadne are. You don't explicitly write it, but then again, you don't have to. Judging from Arthur's thoughts, we know that he cares about Philippa although he is worrying more frquently about Ariandne. This goes the same for Dom except vice versa. I love how Ariadne is watching out for Philippa and making sure that her own decisions will be safe for Philippa as well. She's slightly mothering Philippa, but she's definitely keeping Dom in mind.

"I need to get you back to your dad, kid." (One of my favorite lines.)

My other favorite line? "Gotcha."
Secret Storywriter chapter 4 . 8/8/2011
Oho. I quite like the slight, angry smirk on Mr. Cobb's face. It gives hope to the situation.

It really is quite odd that Nash is being kind to Ariadne and Philippa. It's almost as though he wants to hurt Dom and Arthur, but he doesn't want to actually, physically hurt one of the girls - although he will go there if he needs to.

I'm slightly confused on the layout of the house, but I think that you did a decent job of describing it. The one problem is that you have a clear picture in your mind of what this all looks like. Through your writing, I should be able to at least see a vague picture of how everything looks like. I sorta do, but it's a work in progress. I'm sure that things will be cleared up in further chapters.
Secret Storywriter chapter 3 . 8/8/2011
Daaaaaaaaang. This is getting worrisome. I gotta keep reading.
Secret Storywriter chapter 2 . 8/8/2011
I don't know the characterization of Philippa, but after reading a few fanficiton stories, it seems as though she is the strongheaded one, which makes me unsurprised to see how the girl acted in this chapter.

I like how Philippa wasn't COMPLETELY fearless. She defended her brother because she's protective, but she still feels scared. She acts mature by not openly disagreeing with Ariadne's choice of a story, but she still sucks her thumb as she naps. You found a fair balance.

I loved how Arthur seems physically composed, although he is actually freaking out. I believe that that IS how Arthur would deal with this situation.

And of course - the nonchalant exit by Dom and Arthur - totally expected of them. (In a good way. I mean that you stayed in character, not that you were predicatable.)

Can't wait to read what happens!
Secret Storywriter chapter 1 . 8/8/2011

Very in character. All of them.

I am impressed and extremely intrigued, so instead of leaving you a longer review like I actually want to, I think I'm going to have to keep reading. (Sorry.)
Viktorija chapter 8 . 8/7/2011
This story is actually quite perfect. I enjoyed reading it. Great job!
HalfwayFlawless chapter 8 . 8/4/2011
So sad to see this fic end! It was such a riveting story to read and I enjoyed every word of it. Beautiful work!
sandie.eggo chapter 8 . 7/31/2011
I'm a sucker for a happy ending and I'm glad everyone made it out relatively unscarred.

I like the clever little worlds/scenarios that Ariadne created to fool Nash. I'm also glad you didn't have Ariadne wandering around Limbo unsure of who or what she is. Personally, I've never been a fan of that particular Limbo scenario.

Kudos to finishing the fic!
dreaming-of-tonight chapter 8 . 7/30/2011
Awww! Awesome job!
uno mega chapter 8 . 7/30/2011
I hope I don't sound stupid, but I can't seem to remember if Arthur and Ariadne were married in this fic! This was wonderful though, I've been excited about all your updates. :)
Epic-Azn-Failure chapter 8 . 7/30/2011