Reviews for An Illusion of Life
Jinx 456 chapter 6 . 5/25/2011
Great chapter, please update soon! And good luck with your exams, they're a real b!tch (well, mine are anyway, ]) XD

Jinx
theoofoof chapter 6 . 5/25/2011
So did not see that coming! Annie is her shrink? Oh no this could be interesting! Great chapter and brilliant twist. Can't wait to see how it pans out.
Trainee Hero chapter 6 . 5/25/2011
That was unexpected.
theHuntgoeson chapter 5 . 5/17/2011
The tragedy is, that we now know that Alex won't be able to keep her promise, and Molly already knows it. Her glimpses of her mother do little to comfort her and only turn her against the world which her mother now inhabits. It's only natural for her to resent the man who seems to be preying on her mother. And in the real world, Pete and Judy face the terrible possibility that Molly may go off the rails. Evan's resentment of Pete is nicely shown. Pete's inadequacy could not be better shown than by that terribly inept phrase "That was different. It was in London, not Cheshire." And through it all, you show the awful unreasonableness of Molly's attitude - "any attempts to apologise for something he didn't even know was an offence were futile." says it all.
sillygenie chapter 5 . 5/8/2011
I'm not a huge fan of Molly so it's something to make me interested in her - which you have. Love the way you've integrated some of the show's sightings of her into the fic. It really works and adds depth. x
Jazzola chapter 5 . 5/7/2011
Geeking out? No, no, you've been watching an amazingly awesome TV series. There's a difference. :P

I love this, as you well know. Absolutely brilliant writing throughout, and I love how you have Molly taking a dislike to 'Hunt' rather than liking him- will that change into the future?

Loving it, and much looking forward to more!

Jazzola :)
Trainee Hero chapter 5 . 5/7/2011
Great chapter, I loved it. I just got an image in my head of Molly punching Gene in the arm for feeling up Alex and Gene couldn't do anything about it because let's face it, he would do worse to any strange men he caught feeling up his mum.
sash queen of the jungle chapter 4 . 4/28/2011
Love the galex in this chapter and Molly not liking the idea of the man who clearly fancied her mum touching her... Funny but I can imagine Molly being protective of Alex around men. I am sure that gene would be able to win Molly around if they ever met. Thanks for writing.
Anagram-Analogy chapter 4 . 4/27/2011
What a great idea! Very clever, I liked it. Can't wait for the next chapter. :-)
LionessOfTheQuattro chapter 4 . 4/27/2011
I See Someone Has Been Swotting On The First Episode For This ) It Was Indeed Very Long And I Loved All Of It ! Especially How You Fit Molly Into The Scenes And The Small Scenes With Pete And Judy D

Rachel xx
theHuntgoeson chapter 4 . 4/26/2011
In describing Alex's initial experiences in the Geneverse from Molly's POV, you emphasise how nightmarish Alex felt them to be, before she started to make a life for herself in the 80s. The moment when Molly creeps under Alex's blanket is heartbreaking. And I love the counterpoint with the dialogues between Pete and Judy, which expose their insecurities and also the strain which Molly's presence is placing on their relationship.
galaxynicole chapter 4 . 4/26/2011
Loved it! Excellent writing. More soon I hope.
beth88 chapter 4 . 4/26/2011
Wow deep, it's strange seeing it from mollys dream :)

Excellent writing :D x
theoofoof chapter 4 . 4/26/2011
Really good chapter. I love the way you've incorporated the first episode into Molly's dream and I love her take on things. She doesn't seem to like Gene very much though...hopefully that will change.

Can't wait for more...don't worry about a delay; I know it will be worth it. :D
Jazzola chapter 4 . 4/26/2011
Absolutely brilliant. I love how you bring in the flashbacks and Molly-appearances from the series, blending in the real-life Molly with the dream Molly. The little snapshots breaking it up add a second dimension to the chapter and a nice little bit of background. Loved it, and I look forward to more.

Jazzola :)