Reviews for Blinded By The Light
Anon chapter 1 . 1/4
This is the first review that I have ever done of a fanfiction but I had to because this is so amazing.

I never thought to pin regulus as an unrequited lover but now it seems so perfect !

I don't think I even bawled my eyes out that much when Dobby died. Or Fred.

I want to write more but I don't really think any of my words can do justice to the effect this fic has had on me and your amazing writing...
Amy chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
So beautiful and so sad! **weeps**
StackofStories chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
T.T

They aren't tears of sadness in my eyes. No, an onion happens to be next to me making my eyes water. -sniffle- This was so fucking lovely. Every moment.

Except when Sirius said all that stuff; fucking bastard.

Fav!
Day Met the Night chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
This is absolutely stunning and gorgeous and oh my gosh i am just lost for words i can't even form coherent sentences like wow. This was just... wow. Excellent, excellent work, thank you so much for sharing it, this really is... really brilliant. I can't even... thank you. Maybe I'll stop by later and give you a proper review once I've read over it again and can form proper sentences. Thank you so much, thank you.
DrinkingAlcoholicRainbows chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Was I the only one thinking of one-sided!BlackBrothersXJames?
Denacitarii chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
There are tears rolling down my face. Right now.

That was probably one of the most depressing stories I've read in my entire life. I think I just became emotionally attached to Regulus throughout the story, and I don't know why I was expecting a happy ending, since he didn't really have a whole lot of those in his short life. :(

First off, I must say that you are a GENIUS writer, and that every word you chose in this story fit so perfectly I don't think J.K Rowling could have done a better job herself. Second, I'm in love with your James. He was exactly how I pictured him to be, cocky and arrogant, yes, but also kind and compassionate, concerned about Regulus even when Sirius told him to give it up. You blended that quite nicely with everything we know from the books.

Also, I can totally relate with Sirius's bursts of anger at his brother. We all know he lost his temper a few times with Kreacher, and that he didn't think kindly of his parents, so it's not outside his character for him to be beating up their favorite son at the end.

And the ending... THAT was where I lost it. His last thoughts being about James when he was attacked by inferi made my eyes fill up with tears, and... yeah. Only amazing fanfiction makes me cry. Honest.

In summary, (pardon my long review; I didn't think a brief one would do you justice as an author,) This story was both entertaining and painstakingly depressing to read. I loved it. Well done. :)
XIlikexsX chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
Interesting take, really sweet!
redundantaccount chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
I can't even think of the right words to give this a worthy review but it's just so powerful, and beautiful and you really feel what Regulus feels and you can see all of this happening. I don't even know how to word it, but it's just so sweet and strong and you can really feel Regulus' battle. It's just amazing, one of the best fanfictions I've ever read and one of the rare ones I have properly gotten involved in whilst reading it.

It's wonderful, and I love it. The only thing I thought was that Sirius was just a little bit too vicious.

But wow, seriously. I love it. (:
Ttys it'd ku chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
Fantastic story! Unrequited love is always so sad.
He-Who-Must-Be-Read chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
Wow. I don't think I could ever find words to describe it.
SourSugarQuills chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
THIS. IS. AWESOME! I love one-sided romances, and this is one of the very best I've ever read!
xxBitchxx chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
Congratulations, you have successfully made me cry. That story was really sad :'(

But, it was beautiful. Beautifully worded, excellently phrased, stupendously exciting, but not overly dramatic - it was perfect. I am not going to hesitate to favourie and follow this story, and the author :)

Also, the smut was amazing - short, but the story wouldn't have been so good if you had made it any longer. I cannot find any faults in this story. Keep writing! You are magnificent!
Queen Nightingale chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
UMMMM ...

Holy. Shit.

I think you have found your true calling in SMUT. Charlie, this is actually legitimately amazing.

FIRST OFF, there was the fact that although I never would have paired Regulus as another Slytherin unrequited lover - it worked PERFECTLY.

"Regulus preferred melancholic, heartbreaking, somber. There was something eerie, something completely off about his house that he loved. There was something in the way the thick garland wound its way around pillars and doors, something about the dreary Christmas music, something about the busy looks in his parents' eyes."

You write in this fantastic way that combines both dialogue and commentary, and I am incredibly jealous. Plus, your writing is also AMAZINGLY hot. Seriously. You got me pretty bothered there.

Let me requote:

"Before Regulus can help himself he's pushing his own hand down his pajama pants and stroking himself so lightly, wishing it wasn't his own hand, wishing the sheets around him were red not green, wishing James was lying next to him."

Okay, first off, not only is that sexy as FUCK, it is written brilliantly. I can't seem to get over that. The skin by his ear was soft? That's breathtaking. Not to mention in the last passage, how you perfectly fit together 'wishing'. I love how it seemed you put SO much effort into this - the whole 'Later' part at the end of each paragraph, the perfectly designed unrequited love.

Another thing - BRILLIANT ENTHRALLING swear words, you made them perfect - the fucking angel part was amazing.I loved the way that you can just finally UNDERSTAND Sirius' disgust - why he not only hates his family but he refused to save his brother; because both brothers crave the same thing, in two different ways.

"Later Regulus wouldn't remember this speculation, only how much he wished to be lying under the sun."

So much respect Charlie, so much.

xoxo

q.n.
AzureInfinity chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
This is single handedly the best story I've read. I don't meand its like, I dunno, the god of all stories or whatever, but it was so perfect, you know?