Reviews for through the past, destroyed
loopylou992 chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
WOW! I came across this through a C2 that I follow and my god you do not dissapoint with it. The opening lines caused the hairs on the back of my neck to prickle as I was seeing what Carlisle was feeling what he was too.

I would have loved more, but was certainly not dissapointed. Lou x x
reallyhatebananas chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
You were recommended to me by sisterglitch, who like me - and you, apparently - is a fan of Twilight's darker aspects. Anyway. I can now honestly say that you're one of the few Twilight authors I love to read. The language was flawless, of course, but there was something else - somehow you got me believing that everything about the story was more timeless and infinite than it actually was. It seemed like it... mattered... more. That's something Meyer failed at. Really, your writing is exquisite.
Katie's Peacock's Dreams chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
this is brilliant. the only problem that I have with it is that I wish it had kept going.
callmepharisee chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
Well-written. Reminds me of Alice Sebold.
sandraj60 chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
This story was even better with the second time I read it.

SUPERB!
paceisthetrick chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
"Judas was bought by silver, and the angel Carlisle by vellum and ink. He did not have the presence of mind to notice such things as he hastily side-stepped a mother and son's corpses."

This is without a doubt the most unique take on Carlisle I have ever read. And I have to say it appeals to me.

You have radically departed from the consensus that Carlisle is wholly good and given him the human character traits he (presumably) wishes to possess. No human can ever be perfect and why should we exempt our supernatural counterparts from our own failings?

Poetic, cogent, and poignant, you actually made me love my favorite character all the more with this one.

Well done!
mauralee88 chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
Well done, very well done. Wonderful portrayal of Carlisles decision to change Edward.
ArcadianMaggie chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
This was lovely. I don't know if I've ever seen Carlisle's time with the Volturi portrayed in this light before, seduced by art and word. I adore vamp slash, but I think that's the most striking aspect of this story for me. Thank you!
wontusethisaccountagain chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
That was perfect! And so in character for you. I loved the references to his time with the Volturi. And at the last, do I get the impression that you are insuating that Carlisle did taste Edward's blood when he changed him? Or am I misreading it? If so, it would be a welcome departure from Carlisle's holier than thou never tasted human blood conceit.

I wish there was more to this (but it might spoil if there was). Wonderful!
Lonely Scarecrow chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
GAH, I freakin HATE that 'Are you human?' question! Damn thing keeps getting in the way -.-" But I'm here now! Chew on THAT, !

Ahem. Let's move on, yes?

OH MY GOD, I have an unfinished Edward/Alistair one-shot that I abandoned a couple of weeks back! I've forgotten about it, and I might've deleted it, but now that I read your story it just came back to me! Though I'll admit that, at first, I thought that this story is actually a parody, because I honestly never thought you'd write anything unrelated to the Volturi or purely Carlisle and/or Edward centric. But then I read the author's note at the beginning I thought: oh my, she's serious O.O

Seriously though, I should be sued for doubting you. This is just perfect in every sense, and it's coming from a girl that's not really into Fem/slash. Carlisle was perfectly portraied; he kind of reminded me of a Charles Dickens character for some reason O.o still, I can't even think of anything else to say about it. I'm speechless. You never cease amaze me, period.