Reviews for Secret Bonds and Sacred Oaths
cmr2014 chapter 2 . 3/27
"When a Jedi Master tells you that a mission will be easy, it would be wiser to assume that it should be easy, but things are bound to go wrong..."
I find that to be true of *anyone* who says something will be easy. Allow me to introduce you to a certain Mr. Murphy, legislator extraordinaire. (Reference to Murphy's Law...oh, just never mind.)

"Attachment leads to pain."
Yes. But is preferable to standing alone, which while without pain is also without pleasure.

"Jedi couldn't catch a break in this war."
Tch. Try being a Separatist droid. They *really* can't catch a break.
There was an episode of TCW that had one of those, I think they were like tactical droids or whatever, the thinkers - anyway, one of the ones with a really flat voice. And whoever was in charge basically threw this droid to the wolves to cover his own escape, and you hear this flat robot voice going, "Sir, how could you?!"
Such a desperate sentiment of betrayal spoken in such a monotone, really struck my funny bone, had me laughing for days.

This was great!
It also reminds me somehow of a line from MI2, I'll probably mis-remember it - "It's going to be difficult."
"Then it should be easy for you, Mr. Hunt, this is Mission Impossible, not Mission Difficult."
I think maybe it reminds me of that because in the beginning of that movie we see Ethan Hunt free-climbing, which is not quite my idea of fun (but jumping out of a plane is - yup, I get the irony), and he gets a call - "Sorry to interrupt your vacation."
cmr2014 chapter 1 . 3/27
People can die in ridiculous, undeserving ways. I had a Marine buddy who survived the "late unpleasantness" just to be killed in a liquor store holdup.

"The Jedi have brought nothing but pain and loss."
This is the crux of it. Whether you're on this side or the other side, war brings devastation to those in the middle. You might be fighting for everything good and right, but when you take out a house or a village or a community, all the people there know is you took it away from them.
You kill a kid's father. To you he was IRA, or ISIS, or whatever bad guy. To that kid, he was Daddy.

Wow, this was hard to read.
Guest chapter 2 . 8/21/2013
this sounds really good! please continue! :-)
-ranodm reader w/o a profile :D
TheFreelancerSeal chapter 2 . 4/12/2011
I thought I'd reveiwed your first chapter, but I guess I didn't. I also never watched Clone Wars, but I do know who Ahsoka is. Anyway, moving on, both of these chapters were very good. The first really caught my attention, and that's a good thing. You made a smart move opening with an action scene. It's sure to grab the readers from the get-go. This also was a well-done chapter. Since I've never watched the show, I can't comment if it sounds like Ahsoka or not, but I thought you did a fine job of narrating it. I look forward to seeing your next chapter.