Reviews for Concessions of an Intelligent Young Male
This was absolutely great! Bravo
Blue chapter 1 . 4/30/2014
Awesome!
Bird of Flame chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
Loved how you portrayed Cheren here! Tired of people making him such a stuck-up jerk like Silver. He's a really caring friend! Rant finished, really loved your story. Those three's friendship touches my heart. The only thing is I ship Cheren and Touko but your story was so meaningful that I didn't even mind. Brilliant.
themergitonian chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
Great story.
PurpleArmadillo chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
Aww, so many emotions. I really loved how you showed us snippets of their childhood, growing up together through the years.
The Light's Refrain chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
This was so well done. I loved how you wrote out all those little moments the three of them shared, either in the past or in the present. It was clear, but subtle. You managed to describe their relationship without taking 10 chapters to do so, which is also quite a feat XD.
seaofsound chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
That was beautiful. I absolutely love how you tell a story without any dialogue; everything is there in Cheren's thoughts. I thought the end was incredibly sweet, but sad. I guess you could call it bittersweet. This makes me wish I had such friends.
crownthegoldfish chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
Cute!
it's simply me chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
Brilliant. Not at all rushed, no forced ending, a pace well-kept from beginning to end. Very well-written indeed.
ahonna chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
As one other reviewer mentioned, I like how you deal with the trio's separate evolution. Their constant separation throughout the journey, and the meetings that punctuate it, are something that would characterize their friendship. This oneshot acknowledges that and works with it beautifully, really showing how that would work. And it works well. Your characterization of them individually is also something that I'm rather delighted with. Cheren, the rational boy-in-the-middle; Bianca, the silly girl who adores them both, especially her girlfriend; White, the loud, yet wise factor. Yes, I can see that. Then again, I imagine it to be like that, as well, so it's not an issue for me to hurdle over.

And the mention of White's, ehem, 'superiority' over Cheren was nice. It's more interesting than a balanced rivalry, really... Though I do wonder at it a little. Anyhow, it served the fic well.

The romance: As a staunch N/White fan, the part with N was a delight. That 'noisy intuition' of White's was really apparent there in her response to N and his ideas. Instead of making her go silly over him, you seem to have made her accept the improbabilities of what he was, what he stood for, and how they could relate... all realistic and in keeping with this portrayal of her. Really nice. As for Bianca/Cheren? I've never really shipped it, but the hints in this fic made me consider it in a more positive way. Actually, no - rather than the hints of romance, it was the description of Cheren and Bianca's friendship that made me see more of its appeal. That kind of sway says something (most likely about me), so thanks for that.

The ending rounded it off nicely. Very in-character and sweet.

My favorite lines in this were:

"...they revelled in the sunlight like flowers in bloom. Cheren could never take that away from them." - That was lovely.

"They were fourteen when Bianca and White began a blatant chat about the colours and sizes of their new bras, and Cheren realised that he would always be friends with them." - It was cute, and smacked of a certain... I don't know - realism?

Finally, the criticism. That's difficult; I don't really see an area where it's needed. Your control of language is good. There's only one thing I find slightly irksome - the fact that White was smiling so readily, already... But I suppose it was better for it to end on a positive note, and that's why she did. Plus, resilience. Oh, well.

Overall, I really liked it and your handling of the friendship was a big inspiration for me - I'm writing an adventure fanfic centering around White and the trio exists there. Thank you.

bisous, całunki~ xox
Kamen Disguise chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
sdlkfj i've fallen in love with this. it's always nice to be greeted by some wonderful fanfiction when i've just finished the game. (well, the first arc, at least...) it's a good thing i chose to play Pokémon Black as White; otherwise it would be super awkward to have N hitting on the boy throughout the game. i can't wait to get the second arc started.
greenteamoose chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Ahhhh such a sweet story through Cheren's eyes. I also like the phrases "slayed rampaging dragonites with cardboard swords" and "mamoswine-bank." :)

.moose
Bishieluver01 chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
Really loved this little fic~ :3
Cerulean City chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
Awww, this story was so cute! Seriously drowning in the cute factor, but that's actually a good thing, you know. The thing that touched me the most about this story was the concept that they were three-in-one and the fact that it's not really about them individually, it's about growing together...separately...if that makes any sense! Cheren's voice rang through loud and clear, and but the thing that really impressed me was how White really captured that sense of being the player character; how you can assign your own values and ideals because obviously, you're playing, but that she still has her own person at the same time. I found that I identified with her the easiest, although I definitely understood Cheren's POV the whole time.

Also, your descriptions have me swooning! I wish I could do it half as easily as you pen them.

Great, great job. I'm going to fave it!

Tex