Reviews for The Next Morning
Loland chapter 1 . 3/28
After the many stories where they live happily ever after, this is a refreshing encounter with probable reality.
Magiholic chapter 1 . 2/9
I can totally see this happening.
Obviously the tasks are not designed to keep someone out.
There has to be a book somewhere about the Cerberus and music.
If you have a locked door, you don't keep the key under the doormat or flying in front of the door, conveniently also keeping the broom there, you keep the key in your pocket.
If you need a potion, you don't leave the potion in front of the door, and you don't leave a riddle to describe which is the right potion. You bring the potion when you want to enter.
The only real protection is the mirror.

As much as Harry later pretends that he saved the stone, the truth is:
- Harry is really as arrogant as Snape always says. He thinks he can stop an adult from taking the stone. Whether it is Snape or Quirrell who wants the stone, neither would let Harry stop them.
- Harry helped Quirrell get the stone out of the mirror. Without Harry, the stone would have been safe. Only the surprise that Quirrell both is too stupid to use magic and instead touches Harry, and that Harry's touch is deadly to Quirrell, saves Harry and the stone. I won't comment on the fact that Quirrell burns because he has a piece of Voldemort's soul on the back of his head, while Harry had a piece of Voldemort's soul in his head since he was a child, and neither Harry nor the piece of soul died from that contact.
Right What Is Wrong chapter 1 . 1/18
That was one of the bleakest and darkest oneshots I've ever read.

And, unfortunately, one of the most logical...
Draco Victorious chapter 1 . 12/29/2016
After successfully getting past Dumbledores traps Lord Voldemort prepared the elixir of life, immediately drinking it. He sputtered as he felt his connection to his soul pieces fade while his consciousness slipped away.
The next morning Dumbledore looked down at the body of Harry Potter and wept, "my dear boy" he said "the true stone is hidden beneath the Flamels own fidelus charm. Voldemort received a false copy that would only brew a soul rending elixir"
NakedFury chapter 1 . 12/13/2016
love it.
BlueKarou79 chapter 1 . 10/13/2016
Great job! Certainly never thought of it from this perspective. LOL
Cayar chapter 1 . 8/24/2016
Yes, though I think there should have been more evidence of Quirrell's passage than the harp.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/18/2015
What about the mirror? It's designed to fall on top of the person who looks into it? Smashes, dead. The next morning the professors were shocked to find Harry Potter's body underneath the Mirror of Erised. There were glass shards stuck deeply in his body, and he had presumably bled to death. Alternatively, the mirror could've suffocated him with its oppressive weight but the Wizarding World was too busy mourning the loss of the guy they were quick to rely on, but quicker to shun.
Ecifrog chapter 1 . 10/10/2015
I never though I would like a fic where the main characters is killed off so many times so much.
fireball900 chapter 1 . 5/27/2015
Very well done, a grimly amusing read.
Spica75 chapter 1 . 1/27/2015
Naughty, nasty and well done.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 1 . 1/6/2015
Well...nice to know just how many ways - or at least 7 of many - that the Golden Trio could have been killed or scarred trying to get to the Philosopher's Stone in Book One, if the traps were honestly meant to keep out adult wizards and witches.

Excellent work, if morbid, willyolioleo :)
mobulis chapter 1 . 12/30/2014
All of these deaths are the fault of Dumbledore since he was still stupid enough to keep the stone in Hogwarts and told everyone that there was something there.
Antor2001 chapter 1 . 11/27/2014
it always irked me that the stuff protecting the stone was so bloody easy to circumvent!