Reviews for The Quidditch World Cup
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 10/15
I've never understood or agreed with the Harry/Ginny pairing. Based on your conversations between them, they would appear to have nothing in common outside Quidditch. I think Arthur and Bill realized neither Harry nor Ginny was ready for marriage, and both gave Harry plenty of chances to stop the whole process before they took that final step. The fact that he seemed completely disconnected from his wedding and the activity surrounding it, even on his wedding day, was a huge red flag ... but he didn't see it, despite Bill's comments and observations.

After the initial feelings of relief and euphoria of surviving the battle wore off, I think Harry was just plain lost. For seven years after returning to the Wizarding world, his entire life had centered on surviving long enough to dismantle the evil Horcrux safety net and take down Voldemort. Suddenly, that purpose was gone. Accomplished. Since I don't think Harry really expected to survive - he certainly wasn't trained by Albus to do so - he didn't have any REAL long-term career goals. After the battle, most of his friends seemed to want to resume their lives, reconnect with their families where they could, and try to find jobs or complete their educations. For them, the war had been a short-term interruption, not the focal point of their lives. Harry grabbed onto the only thing he could think of, which was being an Auror. Frankly, I couldn't understand why he would want to do that after dealing with evil for the past seven years.

In my opinion, Harry definitely could have used some intensive PTSD counseling with a trained and a few (or even several) months of R&R in some sort of Wizarding sanitarium or clinic in a peaceful, bucolic setting where he could decompress, regain his emotional equilibrium, and truly think about what he wanted to do with his life ... now that he was truly free for the first time. I think it is a miracle that he has retained his sanity and his humanity, given the circumstances of his life.

The British Wizarding world being rather deficient in the area of mind healing, no one thought to encourage Harry to seek any healing or "debriefing" about the year of violence he had experienced. (That isn't even taking into consideration the three major deaths he'd experienced in years 4, 5, and 6, as well as the events of years 1, 2, and 3.) Due to that failure on the part of the adults in his life, at his tender age he can probably be forgiven for thinking that marriage would provide him with the love, stability, home, family, and purpose he so desperately craved. Unfortunately, he had chosen a partner who wasn't ready for all of those things just yet, and maybe she never would be. For some reason, they don't seem to have discussed it, which baffles me. The famous Weasley temper, jealousy, and insistence on her own way didn't help.

What they have doesn't actually seem like a marriage, to me; it's just two people who live together and occasionally have sex. It looks like Ginny married her idol but she can't deal with the reality of his humanity or his flaws (as she perceives them). I guess he's not allowed to deviate from her fantasy of him. Sad ...
mrmayortheiv chapter 3 . 8/13
Ahhhhh, I love seeing Ginny and Harry's relationship fall to pieces. At this point I'm fairly sure that she and Gwenog have been sneaking around for at least a year.

Rowling had to have been smoking something when she decided the two of them would be together. Admittedly, I only read the Half blood Prince once, but I just never saw ANYTHING between those two. I always hoped he would get together with Luna, but would have settled for the obvious choice of Hermione.
Lisa1312 chapter 1 . 8/9
I finished this story. I really like it. It seems a realistic look into young marriage and beautifully written. If Ginny had not asked for a divorce but for them to try, if Harry had asked her to join in on the interviews, maybe if they hang out after the championship game; it could have turned out different. And I would like it if you also wrote a version where they worked things out. Please?
But either way, this was a great fiction. I really liked it :)
Silvion chapter 6 . 6/12
Overall an extremely enjoyable read. You manage to tell an extremely nuanced, mature and recognisable story with a great set of Quidditch in the background. Your characters have a lot of depth, the Quidditch matches are described in a lively and enthralling manner and you really make your readers (or at least this one) think about life issues. The only points of critique I have are that some parts dragged on too much, especially near the end, and I'd have liked to see a bit more of Ron & Hermione in all this. Those are really just minuscule issues though. I had a blast reading this and I look forward to diving into your other stories.
ron is just as smart as harry and luna like ron but ok less make ron the jerk again.
MrsFH chapter 6 . 4/27
Loved the story! I have always seriously disliked Ginny, and your story portrayed a marriage between Harry and Ginny pretty much the way I always thought it would work out given her character in cannon.

Thanks for posting your story here where I could read it - it was very well written, and I enjoyed it very much.
livvie23 chapter 3 . 3/29
I love the idea that top gear has a counterpart show in the wizard in world about brooms! hilarious :DD
StayBlessed chapter 6 . 2/10
Loved this. I wish you could write a Post-story like this where he ends up with Daphne. She's just someone he sleeps with in the others.
StayBlessed chapter 4 . 2/10
Great fic so far. I don't really see how having sex with Daphne counted as an affair though. Ginny clearly stated she didn't love or want to be with him anymore. That means it was over, even if the divorce wasn't finalized.
Some wonderful beautiful writing here. Also, you have some of the best Quidditch action I have ever read.

The last chapter is a little long, I feel a few of the Luna scene's could probably be cut. There is a little to much muggleness is some of the hotel room scenes and not enough use of wands. I bought the Harry Ginny and actually liked your Ginny until the last chapter and the over the top floo fight scene as related by Luna.

I think a scene in which Luna explains: "I believed in fairy creatures, but Ginny believed in fairy tales, but people don't die in fairy tales, you don't loss your brother in fairy tales... She is a gryffindor that is afraid of her own grief."

Something like that...because it really needs to be explained why Ginny turned her back on Luna more. This is a girl who saved her life after all. I can maybe accept a real hard time that last year at Hogwarts and Ginny being so infated with Harry that she just can't get over Luna's Dads betrayal even though he died because he almost got Ron and Harry and Hermione killed, but it did seem a stretch. I found it hard to accept the jealous insecure Ginny because she felt to much like Ron. An emotionally damaged Ginny works better. So maybe, you should have mentioned that she has war nightmares, just like Luna does.

You might have written a little more about Katie Bell. Justin might have slept with her and then said: " She woke up with war nightmares, Harry. What the *** fuck did you guys go through."

Luna, seems to have hidden her fame in Ballycastle a little to well, but Rachel is a better friend to her than she realizes.

I loved Daphne. She's a very naunced charachter.

And ladtly what is it with you and sexy girls eating fruit?

DA Jones

"She only ever wanted to talk Quidditch with me.
"It was an escape...I am sure when she is flying, when she is a Harpy there is no war, like it is with me."

The war will always be, their are only escapes like the zoo, like quidditch
immortal7 chapter 3 . 11/14/2016
This was recommended to me and it's brilliant. Have to say the top gear segment is the reason this is going to my favorites
VonPelt chapter 6 . 11/10/2016
The timesteps are a little confusing and the end is abrupt. Otherwise a nice read.
1066wthec chapter 6 . 10/24/2016